Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: gearing Q

  1. #1
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121

    gearing Q

    yes i know i have searched but did not see anything. so here is what i need to know i was running and my motor got up to 150 and i was wondering is this too hot and will the motor stay at a lower temp is i go back to stock gearing or will it get hotter??


    thanks
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    Well first of all, what gearing do you have now? And 150 is not hot. I've gotten much hotter. I believe close to 200 isn't great.

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    Well first of all, what gearing do you have now? And 150 is not hot. I've gotten much hotter. I believe close to 200 isn't great.
    i think i got up to 160 maybe and i am running 23/86 but what is the max i want to get up too??
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    http://www.traxxas.jp/products/pdf/E...500_070706.pdf

    I searched it on the internet, and this is the manual for the vxl system. Right above where it says the phone number and teh large traxxas logo, it says.

    Generally try to keep your motor below 200F.

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    http://www.traxxas.jp/products/pdf/E...500_070706.pdf

    I searched it on the internet, and this is the manual for the vxl system. Right above where it says the phone number and teh large traxxas logo, it says.
    wow so i can get it up to 180 and still be fine??
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    yea, should be, but it seems like you're trying to get it high.

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    yea, should be, but it seems like you're trying to get it high.
    no i am not lol but if i go back to stock gearing will it stay cooler??
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    yea, higher pinion. More heat on the electronics/motor.

    Lower pinion, less heat to them.

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    yea, higher pinion. More heat on the electronics/motor.

    Lower pinion, less heat to them.
    ok i am going to put in stock gearing
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    11
    You should fix your car it is broke.

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    You're talking about 1slash? What's wrong w/ it now?

  12. #12
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    You're talking about 1slash? What's wrong w/ it now?
    I no him he is always problems and broken.

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    lol, i guess that's true. How old are ya unforgiven?

  14. #14
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    lol, i guess that's true. How old are ya unforgiven?
    Almost 12. you no alot about the slah car.

  15. #15
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    11
    My dad has alot of radio control cars

  16. #16
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    11
    his car is broken and no one will help on his post here. It won't go right and he was mad and I think he said some colorfull words out in his shop because of it. Im just going to stay away until he is not mad. Somtimes I bug him to much.

  17. #17
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven826
    his car is broken and no one will help on his post here. It won't go right and he was mad and I think he said some colorfull words out in his shop because of it. Im just going to stay away until he is not mad. Somtimes I bug him to much.
    that is okay dude
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  18. #18
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven826
    I no him he is always problems and broken.
    what i brake parts??
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  19. #19
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    lol, yea, i know alot. Not all of it though. And that's okay. I nag my dad sometimes too. lol

    Eh, we all get frusterated about things. Just what happens sometimes.

  20. #20
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    lol, yea, i know alot. Not all of it though. And that's okay. I nag my dad sometimes too. lol

    Eh, we all get frusterated about things. Just what happens sometimes.
    lolz ya i am going to put the gearing on now and my friend demons revo just got s mini revo and he loves it (his first rc car) i hope i can still beat his butt when we race
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  21. #21
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    My slash can beat my dad's stock erevo vxl. But he's gonna be going dual batts, so i'm doomed power/speed wise. lol

    I don't care, if we collide, he's the one who's going down.

  22. #22
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    My slash can beat my dad's stock erevo vxl. But he's gonna be going dual batts, so i'm doomed power/speed wise. lol

    I don't care, if we collide, he's the one who's going down.
    sweet what one would you like better??
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  23. #23
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    dunno, both are great. Can't wait to get my own erevo vxl. Should be sweet.

  24. #24
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    dunno, both are great. Can't wait to get my own erevo vxl. Should be sweet.
    cool i hope i will have fun bashing with my friend with his mini revo (he is in bc and we are moving back )
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  25. #25
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Carbonrevo33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Posts
    3,979
    cool, sounds good. Since we're in the slash forums, hope you kick his butt!!

  26. #26
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    cool, sounds good. Since we're in the slash forums, hope you kick his butt!!
    yep i hope i do lolz

    EDIT i broke my rear bumper what is the best place to get one with cheap shipping to Canada tower dose not have cheap shipping
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

  27. #27
    RC Qualifier CrawlinMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, Il
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slash
    yep i hope i do lolz

    EDIT i broke my rear bumper what is the best place to get one with cheap shipping to Canada tower dose not have cheap shipping
    Here at liquid rc I have ordered a lot of things with excellent results.
    http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=55449
    Thhats for your rear bumper for $10 bucks and 99cent shipping.
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •