Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    Just seems to me the more people are partial to the Revo. Dunno what to say? I have a Revo and my next will be the Slash for my girl, she loves C.O.R.R racing.

RC Qualifier
    I think both truck look like a lot of fun. Personally, I like the revo better because of overall versatility. If I had a track to run on or a bunch of friends to race with, I think the slash would be my pick. But for back yard running around and bashing, the revo would be my pick.
    Traxxas Rally, Grave Digger, and LaTrax Alias

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by francoismtbr
    The mods should at least respond to this new separate forum idea
    I agree, but i wouldn't hold my breath if i was you
    Trav

RC Racer
    If I wanted to drive a mini bath tub, I'd get a Slash.
    typing 1st amendment gets you 60% helping ppl 0%

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dtnel
    Personally I feel you need to be a little more skilled IF your going to run the slash and be gunning the throttle.

The reason I say this is because of the small wheels. When you get on the throttle the small wheels present a challenge when it comes to controlability.

The thing about the slash that's more fun is going full throttle on pavement and turning the wheel and barrel rolling it.

When it comes to barrel rolling the slash will land right side up on its wheels way more often than the mini revo due to the body design.

My mini slash is my water bashing truck to. Just sooooo much more fun in the water.

I also feel with the slash you can get a little more run time per battery because you have less resistence (smaller wheels) for the motor to turn also.
    watch out in the water!!! it killed my diff!!!
    Ur wife called. She said buy anything U want!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPsycho
    watch out in the water!!! it killed my diff!!!
    prolly b/c of the open diff design
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Racer
    Get both of them .
    I cant stop playing with it !!!

RC Racer
    Okay, me personally the only thing i would want in the things you guys listed was better terrain handling. The slash has funner handling, better looks, more durable, lighter: so less heating problems, stronger tires. And the dirt handling of the slash is waayyy more fun then the revo. The slash is like doing these 40+ mph power slides and HUGE roosts when the revo is just like leaning over and looking stupid. Anyways who the heck wants to drive in grass? It makes the cars slow, they get hotter, They get rust from being wet if you dont do wd-40. I have driven both trucks and i personally like the slash more. I hate the handling of the mini e-revo and the fullsize e-revo. They are just plain boring. There's no challenge. And on the flip side, i love the handling of the mini slash and the slayer.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by -J-
    ahahahaha

It's not that there are too many e-revo posts masking the slash posts, they aren't any slash posts. It's not nearly as popular, and getting it's own seperate sub-forum isn't going to help it's popularity. Sorry 'bout that bub.
    The idea of giving it a separate forum is not to increase its popularity, what makes you think that giving it its own separate forum will do that? Lol. Its to help the people who own the slash get information without having to weed through all the revo posts, regardless of how many slash posts there are.

I see a lot of posts that don't clarify in the title, or even in the posts about what vehicle they are talking about, because the poster assumes that everyone on this forum has an E-revo. There are slash posts in this forum, so yes, the E-revo posts DO mask the slash posts. It can be frustrating.
    Last edited by Blone; 08-25-2009 at 03:54 PM.
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSE117
    The mini slash vxl is totally ligit in my opinion over the mini e-revo. It's better than the revo in more ways than the revo is better than the slash. And if you really want to attempt to argue with me i would like to see you even come close to trying to find more than 3 reasons why the revo is better than the slash.
    The only way you will get legit answers to this question is first to determine
    what it will be used for?

It seems that the MERv is a better truck for bashers, or those that don't have a track to race on. If you're planning on racing on track, the Slash might be a better choice.

IMO the only right answer is which truck best suits the DRIVER and what they want in an RC. Each has it's purpose and will excel or fail depending on the DRIVER'S expectations.
    ~ Alli

RC Racer
    Id love to see 2 different forums for these trucks.....If any of you slash guys are sick of eeing mini revo posts go to www.rcshortcourse.com as there is a forum dedicated to the 1/16 slash.

BTW: The slash is a lot more fun to drive

RC Racer
    Well I have a Slash and a Mini Slash VXL. Love the SCT trucks but since our local track merges all the minis together I converted my slash to a mini 8th scale buggy. That is half 8 anyway. It looks great and with a nice rear sway bar it will out perform the revo.

RC Competitor
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=489269

Oh Em Geh, a post about slash tire/wheel combos! Merry Christmas!

But yeah, sorry people just like buying a truck that can be beat to pooh and then repeated, over and over and over and over again. Also we like to do it fast.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by afkbotextreme
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=489269

Oh Em Geh, a post about slash tire/wheel combos! Merry Christmas!

But yeah, sorry people just like buying a truck that can be beat to pooh and then repeated, over and over and over and over again. Also we like to do it fast.
    I beat my slash to death and it comes back for more. If you wanted fast you should have bought the slash cause its faster lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alliharin

It seems that the MERv is a better truck for bashers, or those that don't have a track to race on. If you're planning on racing on track, the Slash might be a better choice.
    The difference between the Slash and Revo are tire size and width, just about all else is the same. How can the truck with smaller tires and narrower width be better ont he track?

This thread made me laugh more times than I can count. People are taking this way to personal.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    I bought the mini Slash VXL, drove it twice and sold it. Now I bought the mini E-Revo VXL. The Slash was nice but just couldn't go offroad or in grass well enough for me. It was really fun to drift though.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Enthusiast
    Purgatory. If you have to ask, you'll never understand...
    I've got both. They are both a blast. Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses, and since no one vehicle can excel at everything - this is to be expected.

When you look at the big picture, they are essentially the same vehicle with just a few differences - tires, suspension arms, shell. This gives them very different driving characteristics and capabilities, but most of the mods, tips, and tricks that I have been reading in this forum are applicable to both vehicles. Just because a mod is being demonstrated on a mini-Revo doesn't mean that it won't work on, or be changed slightly for the mini-Slash.

We can all learn a lot from the experiences and ingenuity of others, regardless of the "style" of our vehicles.
    Jato, Slash, baby Slash, T-Maxx, and now Summit!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj
    The difference between the Slash and Revo are tire size and width, just about all else is the same. How can the truck with smaller tires and narrower width be better ont he track?

This thread made me laugh more times than I can count. People are taking this way to personal.
    The merv will handle better on the track I just cant get over the huge donut looking tires hanging out the sides.....Looks like one of those low riders with the tires hanging out on hydraulics lol....

Not to mention it looks so cool when you get a bunch of slash's or any shortcourse trucks running together because it looks so real

Quote Originally Posted by proraptor
    The merv will handle better on the track I just cant get over the huge donut looking tires hanging out the sides.....Looks like one of those low riders with the tires hanging out on hydraulics lol....
    You mean like on 99% of the off road RC cars produced? LOL I know what you mean and I had that same feeling for a long time about all off road RC cars. Then came the Slash and now to me it looks out of place with the tires under the body like a 1:1 truck.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    You mean like on 99% of the off road RC cars produced? LOL I know what you mean and I had that same feeling for a long time about all off road RC cars. Then came the Slash and now to me it looks out of place with the tires under the body like a 1:1 truck.
    Exactly it looks horrible Im happy to see the RC industry kind of changing its ways and making cars look more scale. I find it a lot more fun to drive a scale looking great performing RC car. My SC10 looks so real on the track its so cool not to mention performs awesome

To each their own I guess. I have grown to like the look of the wheels extended out far beyond the body. Not only do I like the look but enjoy the benefits of more room for suspension travel and it helps keep the dirt and debris coming off the tires out from under the body.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier

LOL I said MIGHT
    The point of my post was it's all about personal preference and what the driver wants. Both have strengths and weaknesses. Find one that has what you are looking for it to do.

Maybe I didn't word it right? But .......
    ~ Alli

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesaw Jenkins
    If I wanted to drive a mini bath tub, I'd get a Slash.
    That makes sense considering the slash looks NOTHING like a bathtub.

Bathtub

Slash
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    It funny you say that i see all the post about the revo ! and when you go to the market place all the revos are for sale whats up with that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Slash owners are too busy driving their cars Revo owners just talk about them JK I have them both

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Blone

Bathtub

Slash
    I guess what he is saying is all pro 2 and pro 4 trucks look like bathtubs..lol....They looks nothing like bath tubs

RC Racer
    I have a slash, so it is better.

No I have a revo, so it is better.

/sarcasm.
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    I have both trucks. I have to say that both are great. I love my Slash in dirt and for big air. I love my Revo for speed runs and bashing. I do believe that the Slash is under rated. But what are you gonna do?

RC Qualifier
    I just ordered one...any suggestions for high speed runs.
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

Quote Originally Posted by cch1978
    I just ordered one...any suggestions for high speed runs.
    Stiffen suspension, try to make a rear sway bar, try to keep it rubber side down
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Enthusiast
    i have a 1/16 slash. i thank it is a great little truck.

RC Racer

Bathtub

Slash

LOL. You actually uploaded pictures to photobucket. I'm touched.

RC Racer
    LOL. You actually uploaded pictures to photobucket. I'm touched.
    LOL. Don't flatter yourself. Sometimes you just need to expose ignorance.
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Racer
    LOL. Don't flatter yourself. Sometimes you just need to expose ignorance.
    Wow really? Learn to coexist with others who have opinions which might conflict with your own. What ignorance are you referring to? That my opinion is that the mini slash looks like a little bath tub? AND? SO? Who cares! I don't!
    Not my fault you bought one.

RC Racer
    Wow really? Learn to coexist with others who have opinions which might conflict with your own. What ignorance are you referring to? That my opinion is that the mini slash looks like a little bath tub? AND? SO? Who cares! I don't!
    Not my fault you bought one.
    Yes really. Co exist? Bwahaha! Take some of your own advice, youre pretty much saying to co exist, yet you're putting down slash owners, and putting down the slash. Your just contributing to putting revo owners against slash owners, which is the polar opposite of learning to "co exist". Pot, meet kettle. Theres your ignorance.

Everyone has opinions, that doesnt always make them right. If your eyes work, you can clearly see the slash looks nothing like a bathtub. So your opinion is null and void.

/thread
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Racer
    Im going to have to agree with Blone....How does the slash look like a bathtub? Are you saying all SC trucks look like bathtubs? The SC trucks look a lot more scale than the revo ever will...Big tires hanging out the sides like some car from compton. Might as well put on some hydros lol

RC Racer
    Yes really. Co exist? Bwahaha! Take some of your own advice, youre pretty much saying to co exist, yet you're putting down slash owners, and putting down the slash. Your just contributing to putting revo owners against slash owners, which is the polar opposite of learning to "co exist". Pot, meet kettle. Theres your ignorance.

Everyone has opinions, that doesnt always make them right. If your eyes work, you can clearly see the slash looks nothing like a bathtub. So your opinion is null and void.

/thread
    Sigh. I never "put down slash owners". I think alot of things look like objects that others do not see.
    Last edited by Misbehavin'; 09-14-2009 at 03:24 PM.

RC Champion
    I'm an E-Revo fan and I agree with Blone as well. Bonesaw that last line in your last post shows your true intelligence. This is a family forum and there are kids here, there's no excuse for that.

Edit: Thanks for removing it Misbehavin
    Last edited by RobWilJas; 09-14-2009 at 03:26 PM.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Let's keep this thread constructive and avoid the flaming. Otherwise, I'll make it disappear.

Bonesaw, your comment was very uncalled for, and will not be tolerated here.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

Quote Originally Posted by bolibruch1
    it seems like every post one here is about the revo, I know they have the same chassis, but I am sick of hearing about what everyone is doing with there revo's. I am just tired of sifting though all the revo posts to find the 1 or 2 slash posts on here. none of the tire combo's for the revo work for the slash.

what I really want is 2 different forums, one for the slash and one for the revo?
    is this too much to ask?

I used to like coming to this website for info, now I have to go to one that is a dedicated rcshortcourse website because finding information for my mini on here is next to impossible.

I wanted to post a poll to see just how the slash to revo ratio is, but I couldn't find that option?

my guess is it is 30/1 in favor of the revo..........
    I have a mini slash. Not interested in the revo. I might get one in the future but its obvious the slash is less likely to be abused like revos get. Don't get me wrong I don't baby it one little bit. The mini slash is also a good base for street mini 4wd's too since other tires fit it that look scale and other bodies that resemble old musclecars and new "rice burners" are out there. Mini revo's are just too wide to be made into a more scale rc. I love the SC truck fad as I have always liked scale rcs. Most people are more in favor of the revo because is it more stable and more versatile in where it can go. Figuring out which one you would be happier with all depends on what you prefer looks wise and what you want to do with it. (no reason to ever criticize somebody for likeing one more than the other) I did see one guy post a pic of his mini revo with a slash body. If I get a mini revo thats the look I will go for. Beefy like a mini slash monster truck. Every body has to remember these are pretty much the same truck. I think the only difference is ones a touch wider than the other and they have different tires and body. I am building a track next year and think I will be able to hold mini races since I have managed to get a few people at work interested enough to get one for themselves. Mini races- both slash and revo. In the end it all comes down to driver skill and consistency....And having FUN key word. After all isn't that why we are all into rcs at all? lol...its all for the fun. one life to live and I would like to get the most out of it happy
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast