Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

does anyone care about the vxl slash? so many revo post?

it seems like every post one here is about the revo, I know they have the same chassis, but I am sick of hearing about what everyone is doing with there revo's. I am just tired of sifting though all the revo posts to find the 1 or 2 slash posts on here. none of the tire combo's for the revo work for the slash.

what I really want is 2 different forums, one for the slash and one for the revo?
    is this too much to ask?

I used to like coming to this website for info, now I have to go to one that is a dedicated rcshortcourse website because finding information for my mini on here is next to impossible.

I wanted to post a poll to see just how the slash to revo ratio is, but I couldn't find that option?

my guess is it is 30/1 in favor of the revo..........

RC Qualifier
    the revo is just more versatile.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    i have a slash.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

thanks for that on the revo, again I could care less about the revo, I want 2 forum pages to make it easier for us slash guys,

and the revo is just like everyother rc out there, versitile and UGLY!!!!!!

I love the slash becasue of the somewhat scale looks......

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by bolibruch1
    I used to like coming to this website for info, now I have to go to one that is a dedicated rcshortcourse website because finding information for my mini on here is next to impossible...
    Well, what do you want to know? You are asking for info but you have no questions. Thats what this board and the manual is for. If you have a question make a thread about it, it will get you alot further then complaining.

Im sure there are tons of people in here that can and will help you out..
    Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Competitor
    My Slash is on the way

I want to browse through the forum (like on the 1/10 slash page). and look at everyone's mods and different set ups in relation to mine. I cannot do that if everyone I look at is playing with the revo. l
    ike once I asked for race setups on there slashes, I got 1 respose.

we need 2 differnt pages that is all I am trying to get at...............

RC Qualifier
    you will not get it... look at the bandit/rustler forum, there is 1 post of bandit per 150 of the rustler, the slash is the ugly neglected step child, get used to it.

thanks thacovxl, that is the best response yet.

and we might be the neglected one but we certainly aren't the ugly ones....
    2 vxl slash's
    vxl mini slash
    comp ax10.

RC Racer
    It doesnt make sense for two catagories. The trucks are fairly close as far as build goes and many of the same things apply to both. I like have both in one. Plus this was brought up about a month back and you can see how far that went the first time. No where.

"Plus this was brought up about a month back and you can see how far that went the first time. No where."

yeah I was the one who started that one too.......
    2 vxl slash's
    vxl mini slash
    comp ax10.

RC Competitor
    There should be two separate forums. This joint forum will always be revo dominated since so many more mini revos are selling compared to mini slashes.

fc

RC Qualifier
    Well either way if you have 2 separate subforums for it you will still have the same amount of posters. Maybe even less considering the majority of us own the Revo and most parts are interchangeable.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    revos ftw!!!!!
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Champion
    What is a slash vxl?
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bolibruch1
    it seems like every post one here is about the revo, I know they have the same chassis, but I am sick of hearing about what everyone is doing with there revo's. I am just tired of sifting though all the revo posts to find the 1 or 2 slash posts on here. none of the tire combo's for the revo work for the slash.

what I really want is 2 different forums, one for the slash and one for the revo?
    is this too much to ask?

I used to like coming to this website for info, now I have to go to one that is a dedicated rcshortcourse website because finding information for my mini on here is next to impossible.

I wanted to post a poll to see just how the slash to revo ratio is, but I couldn't find that option?

my guess is it is 30/1 in favor of the revo..........
    Guess you need a Revo VXL then
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work

RC Qualifier
    When you enter this forum why not click on 'search' and type 'slash posts'? That way you will get a list of nothing but 1/16 Slash posts. There are several pages. No need to make another forum at all if you learn to use the search feature. Happy reading..

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Redman65
    When you enter this forum why not click on 'search' and type 'slash posts'? That way you will get a list of nothing but 1/16 Slash posts. There are several pages. No need to make another forum at all if you learn to use the search feature. Happy reading..

I don't know about that. If I had to search every time, I would leave and I think most users would.

Building a separate forum when warranted makes it easier for all and it actually attracts new users to the forum of the specified model.

It's not really a problem for me since I am a Revo owner but I would never hang out here if I was a mini Slash owner. As it is, many folks ask questions and we don't what car they are asking about.

fc

RC Qualifier
    I've got the best of both worlds, a 1/10 Slash and a mini-Revo on the way.

I think I'd rather have the 1/10 Slash over the mini. You can get a 1/10 VXL Slash for the price of the mini.. and it's going to be much more realistic than the 1/16th. I think in due time I will get a Slash mini though. And hopefully in due time get a 1/10 ERBE.
    E-Maxx 3905 and 3906. :D

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ling427ttvette
    I've got the best of both worlds, a 1/10 Slash and a mini-Revo on the way.

I think I'd rather have the 1/10 Slash over the mini. You can get a 1/10 VXL Slash for the price of the mini.. and it's going to be much more realistic than the 1/16th. I think in due time I will get a Slash mini though. And hopefully in due time get a 1/10 ERBE.

Say what?
    their is no stock 1/10th VXL Slash...

im geting a mini revo soon.....i look and watch video of both...of the revo and slash and the slash seem to small... i mean the wheel are like a to small to run in grass and stuff...so thats why im geting a revo
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC Competitor
    I wish there was a seperate forum for the 1/16 slash. It is a totaly different machine then the 1/16 revo. Yes it has the same back bone, but the setup, handling, and driving technique are way different. I already have an ERBE, so getting a smaller version of it seemed pointless to me. A slash by it's self is not that exciting. Two or more slashes on a track is a blast. You can rub and bump, and not get hung up like the open wheel monster trucks (1/16 e-revo). When you have two slashes in a full four wheel drift going into a corner, rubbing doors, fighting to get out of the corner first, it gets real intense. The slash is a poor basher, but an awesome track machine once you get it set up. It is also amazing how tight of a corner the slash can take beeing able to drift around it.

best post yet:

original post by Round;
    What is a slash vxl?
    2 vxl slash's
    vxl mini slash
    comp ax10.

RC Qualifier
    I had to go along with my screen name and get the revo because I sold my 1/10 revo.
    ERBE

RC Champion
    My buddy has a Slash and I got too tinker with it a little this weekend , added thicker oil too the shocks , 60wt F/R and it helped alot with the bounciness that it has stock . I still think its way under sprung and the stiffer Traxxas springs are need also .

Went looking for a tires setup and it seems the wheels for the Kyosho Mini Inferno buggy will be the perfect track tire . And there are quite a few choices of tires and wheels .
    http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_deta...225&cat_name=#

You will need the Mini Inferno hexes too and you may need too drill the center of the wheels too 4mm , the hexes do not need to be drilled .
    http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_deta...7072&cat_name=

As for the other mods , I recommend a Hitec HS5085 servo , unless you want to keep it waterproof .

Hope this helps you out a little in your quest too make your Slash a little more track worthy .
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho-Savvy
    I wish there was a seperate forum for the 1/16 slash. It is a totaly different machine then the 1/16 revo. Yes it has the same back bone, but the setup, handling, and driving technique are way different. I already have an ERBE, so getting a smaller version of it seemed pointless to me. A slash by it's self is not that exciting. Two or more slashes on a track is a blast. You can rub and bump, and not get hung up like the open wheel monster trucks (1/16 e-revo). When you have two slashes in a full four wheel drift going into a corner, rubbing doors, fighting to get out of the corner first, it gets real intense. The slash is a poor basher, but an awesome track machine once you get it set up. It is also amazing how tight of a corner the slash can take beeing able to drift around it.

Yup, I say build a separate forum!!!

It's better for the Revo owners and wayyy better for the Slash owners. A separate mini-slash forum would actually attract more of those owners. It will build their own community and sell more mini slashes!

Worst case, if it doesn't pick up no big deal and it be merged back here. But it will have no chance in this forum.

I have two of the big slashes btw. It is the very essence of bashing and racing. And it is a great learning tool. All the my kid's friends who want to learn get to try the slasher!!

Check this video out from last night. This Slash flew soooo far that it landed beyond the grass and on to the wood that borders the lawn. It sounds awful but the Slash can take it. Plus on the track, we can flip each other's cars back up without going down from the driver's stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0txGMesRng

fc

Quote Originally Posted by ThacoVXL
    the revo is just more versatile.
    How so? I'd love for you to explain and prove this.

This petty "yours is ugly and mine is awesome" stuff is childish BS. I hope you guys are in junior high because you're sure acting like it. Grow up!

I have a Slash. Except for the wheels and body, everything that applies to an E-Revo applies to the Slash so it's not a big deal that you see more E-Revo posts.

RC Competitor
    Just picked up a 1/16th Slash last night and love it so far.

RC Qualifier
    here's my mini slash...
    Ur wife called. She said buy anything U want!

i went with the 16th revo based on how poorly my 10th scale slayer handled out of the box.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

you have to understand that the full size slayer/slash because of the little tires that come on them, but this allows for a more scale performance. same goes for the mini slash and the mini revo. the revo handles better because of the giant tires. there is nothing remotly scale about the mini revo.
    2 vxl slash's
    vxl mini slash
    comp ax10.

RC Qualifier
    I have both the revo and slash now... the revo is a much more fun pavement basher imo, way more stable in the corners and it's incredibly fun off-road also.. the slash is at home (and a blast) in loose dirt with moguls.. it's a whole different animal though.. more of a scaler than the revo for sure (as said above) which I like a lot.. the slash is dying for a General Lee body on it. Maybe Traxxas will come out with a "Dukes of Hazard" version.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho-Savvy

Psycho said it - I have an ERBE as well, and I love it, but after he purchased a Slash, I had to have one, and I am SO glad I picked it up over the MERBE. I have nothing against the MERBE - looks awesome - but the Slash is TRULY under rated, and SO much different in terms of setup and function.

I was in a full blown race w/ Psycho over the weekend around my circular driveway, which has a slight glaze to it, and we had our Slash's ripping around that course in a way no Revo ever could, big or small. Hands down, w/ the right setup, the Slash is a ROCKET, and it is a ton of fun racing against another Slash.

Is the Slash good for bashing? Nope - not at all. This machine is designed for a track w/ competition, and when you're in that element, its flat out crazy fun! I'm still smiling after the run I have w/ my Slash, and I can't wait to hit it hard again.

Nothing wrong w/ the MERBE - looks great, and I'm sure it drives great! But, for a full blown track machine, the Slash has a lot of potential. My .02 cents!!

PS: Definitely need (2) forums - I thought the mods said yes?
    Isaiah 40:31
    "Just One More Lap!"

RC Competitor
    ahahahaha

It's not that there are too many e-revo posts masking the slash posts, they aren't any slash posts. It's not nearly as popular, and getting it's own seperate sub-forum isn't going to help it's popularity. Sorry 'bout that bub.
    #$^**&^$#^*(()*^%$#@@#%

I love the dukes of hazzard Idea, and I can't agree more with what you said it is a different animal.

I would say that It is that there are too many e-revo post covering up the slash posts. on other web forums they have as many as 5-6 pages of threads just on the mini slash, I would think if we had seperate forums then this one would be the most popular of all the mini slash forums. Just like the 1/10 slash forum the page here, it is the best one around. With the way that is it done now us mini slash guys can't find pertinent information without having to search, and sift through all the revo stuff. I am still not sure why the revo guys are not with this too, then they too would not have to hear/read about the mini slash stuff?
    2 vxl slash's
    vxl mini slash
    comp ax10.

RC Racer
    The mini slash vxl is totally ligit in my opinion over the mini e-revo. It's better than the revo in more ways than the revo is better than the slash. And if you really want to attempt to argue with me i would like to see you even come close to trying to find more than 3 reasons why the revo is better than the slash.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSE117
    The mini slash vxl is totally ligit in my opinion over the mini e-revo. It's better than the revo in more ways than the revo is better than the slash. And if you really want to attempt to argue with me i would like to see you even come close to trying to find more than 3 reasons why the revo is better than the slash.

Better in rough conditions , better on grass , a lot more stable in the turns (on and offroad) , jumps better ......

And there you go ....
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSE117

I got three reasons for you. SPEED! SPEED!! SPEED!!!. The revo is alot more stable in all three conditions.

RC Racer
    Some food for thought.. If the slash was so much better then would it not be out selling the revo and dominating the threads in the this forum? But seriously both are great trucks but i would say the revo is better all around.

RC Competitor
    The mods should at least respond to this new separate forum idea.

There are dedicated Mini Slash forums around the web and they are doing well. It should succeed here too.

fc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast