Thread: How close?

RC Qualifier

How close?

How close have you been to a squirrel?

** Revo O.S.18tz **

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    lol, not that close. But man, that is one wittle chubby squirrel. haha

RC Champion
    thats pretty close, you got skills.
    I have monkeys dancing in my pants!!!

RC Champion
    I used to feed them out of my hand. My grandfather spent a year or so getting some squirrels to come up to him and eat out of his hand. Once they learned that they could trust him then other people could be there with him. It was pretty cool.
    2nd Annual Steve Raddatz Memorial Race pm me

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    i used to chase squirrels away. that was years ago. i stopped when we got a dog. first time he went out got a squrrel so scared it was like 50 feet away in no time at all. wait. or was that me who did that? i honestly cant remember.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Champion
    Closer than that. I hate squirrels as Iam a cable guy. Imagine working on a ladder hanging from strand (cable lines along the road) and a wild squirrel comes charging down the line cause you are in his way. Not to mention no amount of line shaking gets him to stop it only agitates him and he runs charges and jumps off your hard hat causing you to have a mini heart attack. No i have no pictures or video cause you never no when those fuzzy tree rats are gonna strike.......sorry squirrels are sensitive subject.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    lol. slow your post made me laugh. that is very very funny.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slowenuff
    sorry squirrels are sensitive subject.
    same here, we used to shoot em w/b.b. guns back in the day. never caught the infamous 'flying squirrel' tho
    I say what 99% of you are thinking!

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    I was stalking deer with a bow one time on a rainy day and leaned up against a tree to have a look around. As I was leaning there, a flying squirrel popped his head out of a hole in the tree about three inches from my eyeball. We stared at each other for a few seconds and he suddenly leaped to anothed tree directly to the side about 15 feet away. It was a cool day. Earlier, I had a red-tailed hawk fly right past me, gliding through, looking for a meal. Before that I had ten turkeys dancing around me as I sat frozen against a giant rock. The next day I had a buck walk to within three feet of me! I was sitting at the top of a ridge behind a small log blind. Too small to shoot, but it was one of the coolest things ever. I wish I could have gotten my camera out without spooking him....
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

I have hit them with my Stampede. Its funny pulling fur out of my rpm bumper.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Qualifier
    Haha, that is just crazy. I had one creepin' up on me one time until I jumped all of a sudden. Never seen a squirrel run up a tree soooo fast!
    Nitro Sport Pro. 15
    VXL BlackSlash w/ DX2.0

RC Qualifier
    While pig hunting in Texas I had one jump on the rifle scope just as I was getting ready to squeeze off a shot...Talk about crapping you pants...you know....in the zone...controlling your breathing and bam the darn thing lands on the scope...lol Still was able to gather myself and get a shot off on a 170lb sow at 300 yards....

RC Champion
    its fun to chase/run circles arround them with my revo lol.
    2010 www.montecarloss.co.nr

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I can get with 4 feet of them at work. There are hundreds that roam the complex every morning.
    Those who throw dirt are bound to lose ground.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER
    The next day I had a buck walk to within three feet of me! I was sitting at the top of a ridge behind a small log blind. Too small to shoot, but it was one of the coolest things ever. I wish I could have gotten my camera out without spooking him....
    That happened to me once. When I was a kid my dad would leave me in a spot and then he would go 2-300 yards away from me. I used to fall asleep all the time. One day I woke up hearing him coming through the woods. When he got there he said, "You were alseep were'nt you"? I said yeah why. Then he told me that there was a good size buck and a couple of does that came right up to me and sniffed of me. He couldn't get a clear shot at the buck except when it was right in front of me.
    2nd Annual Steve Raddatz Memorial Race pm me

RC Champion
    I have a couple in my yard that will jump into my lap and let me feed them. Been doing it for 2 seasons now. Didn't know they lived that long. Pretty sure it's the same pair.
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Champion
    I was sleeping in a deer stand and woke up with one schreeching at me about 1 ft above me on the tree.
    No matter where you go there you are.

RC Champion
    My cats catch them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Untraceable
    never caught the infamous 'flying squirrel' tho
    My friend has all the pictures of the suicidal squirrel. We were on our school campus at about 5:30 becuase my friend forgot a book and we started following this squirrel to the second story. My friend jumps out at it and it nearly falls in the trashcan it was sitting on. Then it keeps walking until there is no pathway left. It jumps and does a ninja move to "run down the wall"(about 15 feet). It was the most awesome squirrel stunt i have ever seen.
    Just Lax'in

RC Racer
    I've had them crawl up my leg.

RC Champion
    They love chiken feed, and my rooster used to chase them cuase they wanted the food.
    I have monkeys dancing in my pants!!!

RC Qualifier
    Where the weakest are killed and eaten for the daily survival
    Ive been about 10 feet away. My VXL was bout that close, but I decided to veer to the right.
    Nobama '08 Welcome to the greatest depression.

RC Qualifier
    someones cat keeps killing squirrels, rabits and small animals and leaves them all over, it is sad

RC Champion
    1 crawled on my leg while i was sleeping on the beach.
    The biggest thing i've broken: My wallet.

RC Champion
    I think most of them like taking pills and listening to sad music then when they just can't take anymore they run into a busy intersection. How else to you guys explain all the bodies in the road?

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    My dog keeps most animals away. And been lucky so far. Her leg has been cut open once. Around a four inch cut on the lower leg. That was a long month getting it to heal and keeping her from taking off bandages and chewing at it. It was a coon about 2/3 of her size. She is the size and looks like a golden retreiver. But she got her revenge about a week ago. Found a dead coon in the yard. It looks like it was less than a year old.
    Broken parts=New better parts

I've had one that close to me when I was deer hunting. I was sitting about 20ft off the ground in a stand and it came down the tree and stopped right at my face about 1 ft away and it was staring me down. I thought it was going to hop my skull for sure. I didn't want to move and provoke attack mode. It was one of those mean freakin red squirrels to that constantly bark at you when you're in the woods.

That's a different looking squirrel than what we have up here. Is it a ground squirrel? We mostly just have grey squirrels, Red mean squirrels, some black and albino's, and of course chipmunks.
    Last edited by CarGuy7a; 07-22-2009 at 04:35 PM.

RC Qualifier
    At the office installing another box of Internets...
    Hand fed a bunch of them in the Great Park when visiting Boston a few years ago.

At a park around the corner from my house when I was a kid this absolutely huge long neck goose one day walked up and sat down next to me while a bunch of us were there eating lunch. Oddest thing in the world. I used to go back to prove it to people who didn't believe me. I'd sit down in his vicinity and he'd sit right next to me. Never knew why.
    I shot an elephant in my underwear last night...

RC Champion
    my brother had one named sammy for about a year,(his dog dragged it up),was so cool to sit on the porch on the couch and feed it on your shoulder,somebody opened the screen door to let more air in and he got away.............bummer
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Racer
    does it count if there in a cage or are dead? ive had both those happen, cacth and relocate them cuz they eat the garden vegtables, or during hunting season they do some scream/call and scare the animals away so its fun to blast them away with a high powered rifle or a shotgun
    what smells like supdawg???

RC poster
    i only need to be about 400 yds from them when i have my 22-250... boom! then they will actually let me pick them up