RC Racer

Traxxas Please make 1/10 4WD slash..

How much money would you spend on a 1/10 4WD slash? Just curious...

RC Qualifier
    Alot. I wish they would make one
    Free all none violent drug offenders!

RC Champion
    convert a slayer.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Qualifier
    we need something to play around with with the coming ofna sc truck. 300-400
    i am the most modest man, thats why im better

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    convert a slayer.
    More expensive. Traxxas needs an affordable 4wd slash.
    Free all none violent drug offenders!

RC Champion
    yes but the slash is also good with 2wd but yes 4wd would be cool but 4wd is not always good
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Racer
    I guess you could convert a slayer, but not all people have too much time or money on their hands. Even if I had more money, I would rather spend it on 4wd slash and also a slayer. Call me lazy if you need to. And I would expect new exciting things that traxxas could bring to the truck if they should decide to make one.

4wd might not always good, even though I can't come up with the reason why, but again 2wd slash is awesome, 4wd slash would be THE AWESOMENESS -lol- and nitro slayer is another thing.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    One bad..the 4wd would take away from the slashs drifting nature. Unless, they can surprise the world again, with sending 100% of the power to rear, unless when the rear is spinning freely? You know..like some of todays cars..the power is sent to the rear..but when its needed..it will also send power to the front
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Racer
    this has been thought up before, why dont you just search it
    HCM racing class 5 class 10
    TRAXXAS SLASH 2WD

RC Racer
    meh, I have all but forgoting the different driving style with 2wd, all my other cars are 4WD.

I love the Slash the way it is, 4wd would just make it heavier and give you less run times...now if they could figure out a way to use a mini servo and have some sort of front wheel disc braking...that would be something I might buy!
    lol...I am at 20%

make one like a real 1:1 4-wheeler, can switch back & forth 2wd & 4wd.... that be cool!
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Champion
    4wd would be nice. And to get the rear end to drift around the corners just throw a spool in the rear.
    What shall I put here?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy
    meh, I have all but forgoting the different driving style with 2wd, all my other cars are 4WD.

I love the Slash the way it is, 4wd would just make it heavier and give you less run times...now if they could figure out a way to use a mini servo and have some sort of front wheel disc braking...that would be something I might buy!
    i agree all the way i like the slash the way it is but 4wd would be cool but less run time and when you don't need 4wd you don't want to have it cuz more maintenance and it would just be wired for a slash to have 4wd and it may need 2 batts
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    Somewhere between Nitropia and Electropia.
    Can't wait for OFNA's...should be awesome...If you wait for TRX probably it's gonna be too long since they don't have suitable platform for 4wd slash...they just invested on those 1/16...but who knows? TRX is a big player...
    Been There Done That....

RC Qualifier
    whats wrong with a slayer e-conversion? if they were to make a 4wd slash thats all it would be probably cuz they already have that 4wd platform. its not like they could just make a slash 4wd. it would end up being different or like i said, an e-slayer which i would really like without having to convert an e-revo or slayer to electric.
    ...true story.

RC Champion
    The Slayer would have some trouble keeping up with Ofna's design IMO. One of ofna's SCT's is based off of the hyper 7 or 9 buggy. The video of the Ofna SCT prototype I seen absolutely murdered the slashes that were on the track and I see it doing the same to the slayer. The only reason the slayer hangs with the SC8 is because its smaller, lighter and has a two speed tranny with a small block that rev's higher then the engine in the SC8.
    What shall I put here?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Sabatini
    More expensive. Traxxas needs an affordable 4wd slash.

not always...my E-Slayer was made out of a E-Revo Roller with Slayer arms/ wheels/bumers.. (Cost me $200) and added electronices for $60(Twin titans and EVX 2 and servo)...in total cost me $260 and upgrading to a DeWalt motor soon whenever my dad gets a drill from work for free..and no he's not stealing it like a certain sign was.. ...they get new tools in monthly and just toss out the old stuff..even if it still works...
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC Racer
    I really don't know how much merit there is to this, so take it with a grain of salt, but a friend of mine said he was in the local hobby people, and he said they had a flyer from traxxas that they will be releasing a 1/10 4wd slash in the future..
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtworks
    Can't wait for OFNA's...should be awesome...If you wait for TRX probably it's gonna be too long since they don't have suitable platform for 4wd slash...they just invested on those 1/16...but who knows? TRX is a big player...
    traxxas has a 100% suitable platform.. the E-REVO

the 1/16 e-revo and slash share a chassis, so why not unload your wallet on a 1/10 e-revo brushless edition and buy a set of slayer arms, driveshafts, turnbuckles, pushrods, wheels and body?

heres some pics from a member named slopwash
    http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...cer/rever1.jpg
    http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...cer/rever2.jpg
    http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...cer/rever3.jpg
    MMM E-Revo
    VXL Slash 4x4
    VXL Slash 2wd

RC Champion
    The E-revo platform wont compete with a 1/8th buggy sorry but your comparing a buggy to a monster truck. I race a nitro revo and picked up a buggy not long ago and will tell you now the buggy will smoke my revo. The only thing my revo has going for it is the ground clearence.
    What shall I put here?

RC Qualifier
    i would pay probably 300 at the most.
    ummmm...this isnt what i ordered...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slash
    yes but the slash is also good with 2wd but yes 4wd would be cool but 4wd is not always good

You must have never raced a 4wd buggy I take it? 4WD is ALWAYS better!
    Built Ford tuff!

RC Champion
    yea but with 4wd would it have the handling that makes the slash so enjoyable and fun to drive?

besides it wouldnt be a slash anymore it would be a completely different car which parts would it share? electronics, body, tires and maybe shocks and a few other small pieces but it wouldnt be a slash itd have a different chassis diff a-arms (atleast on front) maybe a different tranny, different front suspension parts?

the only thing i see them doing is a brushless e-slayer but i dont know how likely that is because they already have the e-revo......
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

I would pay 350 if it had a solid rear axle dependable and independant front suspension. Traxxas releases one of these trucks soon enough they will be once again what everyone goes out and buys first since it would be their monopoly on the elect 4wd sct. Come on traxxas. dont make us wait till somebody else puts one out. I bet they will be available by this time next year from somebody
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Champion
    ofna has one coming out nxt month!
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoroller13+
    The Slayer would have some trouble keeping up with Ofna's design IMO. One of ofna's SCT's is based off of the hyper 7 or 9 buggy. The video of the Ofna SCT prototype I seen absolutely murdered the slashes that were on the track and I see it doing the same to the slayer. The only reason the slayer hangs with the SC8 is because its smaller, lighter and has a two speed tranny with a small block that rev's higher then the engine in the SC8.
    now u know u cant say that on this forum!!! even if its the truth
    I say what 99% of you are thinking!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by brett_dirtbike
    traxxas has a 100% suitable platform.. the E-REVO

the 1/16 e-revo and slash share a chassis, so why not unload your wallet on a 1/10 e-revo brushless edition and buy a set of slayer arms, driveshafts, turnbuckles, pushrods, wheels and body?

heres some pics from a member named slopwash
    http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...cer/rever1.jpg
    http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...cer/rever2.jpg
    http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...cer/rever3.jpg

Now that is one Sexy looking Slash. I like that alot. mad Props to you sir!
    2008 Revo Platinum Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Untraceable
    Now Now, play nice.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 08-02-2009 at 12:36 PM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Racer
    Two things, if you want one that can go between 4wd and 2wd add a dig unit (it is not a true 2wd to 4wd thing, but its close), if you want one that can drift add a center diff
    ~Slash w/ Sidewinder & VXL Motor
    ~OFNA GTPII

RC Qualifier
    they should just use the revo/slayer platform again and slap a mmm 2650 in it. i dont know what kv ratings castle has but something lower than their 3500.
    3sLipo / VXLSlash

PLZ PM Gearing For Gladiatorz

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by arvint
    One bad..the 4wd would take away from the slashs drifting nature. Unless, they can surprise the world again, with sending 100% of the power to rear, unless when the rear is spinning freely? You know..like some of todays cars..the power is sent to the rear..but when its needed..it will also send power to the front
    4wd does make drifting a lot easier and controllable on loose surfaces or low grip tires. This is the reason why ALL RC drift cars are infact 4wd with hard plastic tires.

Wow you really know your stuff about real cars.. those systems that send power between the front and rear tires is also known as 'active diff', usually electronically controlled. It also varies how much torque is sent to each individual tires to control the car during cornering, featured on the new Nissan GT-R.

As for the slash, I'm thinking a limited slip 4wd, where the power is transfered 100% on the rear but linked to the front by some kind of torque converter filled with buggy diff oil. The heavier the oil, the more torque is sent to the front. This way you can adjust the handling according to track conditions.
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Qualifier
    That's not a new feature on the New GTR. The older GTR's have been using the same AWD Feature called ATTESA-ETS (Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All - Electronic Torque Split).

Been around alot longer than you may think.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s
    That's not a new feature on the New GTR. The older GTR's have been using the same AWD Feature called ATTESA-ETS (Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All - Electronic Torque Split).

Been around alot longer than you may think.
    Right, I did some search on that. But those traction controls are only available on the V-Spec level on the older gens R32 and R33 skyline on certain import version, if I'm not mistaken? Thanks for clearing this out.
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Champion
    personaly i tihnk they should make one just to change it up a bit and addd some exctiement...but i dont think the revo suspension belongs on a short course off road race truck.. i mean the suspension is great but not on a short course offroad race truck
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Qualifier
    If you want a 4wd slash its really not hard to make one with a e-revo chassis.. get an e-revo roller on ebay and move over your electronics/motor.. or buy a nice motor while your at it.. grab new a-arms and wheels and your done

We all know traxxas recycles its parts, which is a good thing when it comes to being able to change your car to something else. One of mine alone has gone from a nitro revo, to an e-slayer with manual breaks/reverse, then changed the metal chassis to a electric one and shed all that bulk.. and in each conversion i kept 70-90% of the same parts in the end.

If traxxas does make a 4wd e-slash.. then i could see them just shortening the e-revo chassis to match the slash size, and using the rest of the parts from the revo.. I dont see them re-inventing the wheel and creating a totaly new platform just to move the shocks vertically though, but who knows!

personally i dont see anything wrong with the slash being 2wd.. i like my runtimes, i like drifting the corners, and its a cheap, simple setup which is easy to fix and maintain.

RC Racer
    Converting a slayer to electronic or an e-revo to 4wd slash is possible. I think we're all agree on that. But, again it's just not all people are willing to go through all the process. Some people just want to play his/her new toy straight out of the box. Isn't that one of the reason why RTRs are selling so well? 2wd slash is GREAT! I like it's drifting nature and so on. But 4wd slash is also going to be awesome. I won't trade my 2wd slash for it, but I would spend my hard earned cash to get the 4wd version if the price is within my budget range.

Don't get me wrong, I respect people who do take their time to do everything by themselves. But people are just different in terms of what they want to do with their time and or money.

RC Champion
    i'm suprised no one has mentions this...Why not build it off the E-Maxx platform? I know it's an MT but if you don't want indy style suspension on it...why not the E-Maxx? it's got double a arm suspension...8 shocks....so why not the E-Maxx?
    Last edited by Fox; 08-03-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Untraceable
    I wondered where you'd been. I see your hanging out over here wit the cool kids
    What shall I put here?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Out of Sight
    Right, I did some search on that. But those traction controls are only available on the V-Spec level on the older gens R32 and R33 skyline on certain import version, if I'm not mistaken? Thanks for clearing this out.

Any of the R32,33's and 34 GTR's Had the ATTESTA-ETS

RC Racer
    I'm sure that most of you here must have heard about this truck, but I was just wondering if anyone knows whether traxxas is going to come out with comparable sc trucks by the holiday season this year? Any news? I'd like to stick with traxxas brand from my experience with the slash , but I also want a 4wd RTR SCT by this holiday season.

Taken from OFNA site:

"OFNA leaked out to this reporter that it is planning to offer 6 different "Short Course" vehicles in the 4th quarter of 2009. I can't offer anymore information on the SC vehicle designs, but I can say they have been seen dominating at a local track"

http://www.jamminproducts.com/