RC Qualifier

Am I gonna fry anything

Can I run 2 4s Lipos in parallel on the stock evx2 If I use a jumper to close the circuit on the non bec side and use a parallel connector on the bec side without frying anything like the bec, esc, or my spektrum rx?
    Last edited by dinobot; 07-27-2009 at 10:40 PM.
    E-Revo/ERBE/MM powered TC4

RC Qualifier
    yeah probably
    E-Pede/N-Sport 2.5R/Jato
    N-Rusty/N-Sport/MERV

RC Champion
    I actually don't think you can do that on the EVX2, I think both connectors need power.

RC Qualifier
    It will work for a couple minutes, but the BEC can't handle the 4s voltage and it will thermal.

RC Champion
    How about 3S on the bec?
    4s Pede, 6S Maxx, 3S Rusty, 6S slash

RC Qualifier
    I've never tried 3s, so I don't know. But since 4s works for a few minutes, it may just barely be too much. I'm guessing 3s will work.

One solution I've wondered about but haven't taken the time to research: Tap into the balance plug on one or both batteries to get 2s power into the connector on the BEC side. Would this work?

RC Racer
    or just spare yourself and get a MMM
    I'm smart.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by chet jamio
    One solution I've wondered about but haven't taken the time to research: Tap into the balance plug on one or both batteries to get 2s power into the connector on the BEC side. Would this work?
    There's a reason why the discharge leads use a much thicker gauge than the balance leads. Using the balance leads would melt the jacketing right off, short the batteries and likely cause them to burst into flames.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreycemerson
    Have you figured out to make a MMM submersible like the EVX2? Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by 2IS
    There's a reason why the discharge leads use a much thicker gauge than the balance leads. Using the balance leads would melt the jacketing right off, short the batteries and likely cause them to burst into flames.
    That's my concern too. But the idea is that only the BEC circuit would draw power through balance lead wires. If wired in parallel, I think they can carry enough current.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreycemerson
    Sure go ahead and spot me the funds for the mmm and I'll got buy an ezrun some new parts and still have enough left over to take the wife out to dinner
    E-Revo/ERBE/MM powered TC4

RC Qualifier
    Can anyone know if my diagram will work? How many amps does the BEC pull?

RC Champion
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=477614

Chet .... I've looked over your diagram and IMO it will not work! Your tap wiring is all wrong (pin3 and pin5) when it should be pin1 (always gnd) and pin 3. Your main power from the lipos is also incorrect. The BEC side GROUND is the common ground between 8.4 and 16.8 volts. The BEC power is internally tied to the Non-BEC ground for the series connection to make 16.8 volts. I've modified your drawing and posted in the Summit thread above for further review. Bob