RC Racer

Ways of cooling down the esc.

Any ways of cooling the esc? What have people been doing? If so please post pictures. My local computer shops have 4cmx2cm mini fans for 5 bucks would those work if so how would I wires them?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ////AMG
    Any ways of cooling the esc? What have people been doing? If so please post pictures.
    Im using a VXL-3 fan off of a pede/rusty VXL ESC that i had laying around. All i did was cut the mount postes off of it and strapped it down.. Im seeing a 30-40 degree difference. 2 lipo's In series I would get 2 speed runs in with a stock spur and a RRP 33t pinion before the ESC would climb into the 140's. Now it's barly breaking 100..

EDIT: I had to tuck the wires as well for this to work.

Keep flex'in those forum keyboard muscles.

RC Racer
    nice fan job. sounds like it worked really well

RC Racer
    [QUOTE=got_nitro]Im using a VXL-3 fan off of a pede/rusty VXL ESC that i had laying around. All i did was cut the mount postes off of it and strapped it down.. Im seeing a 30-40 degree difference. 2 lipo's In series I would get 2 speed runs in with a stock spur and a RRP 33t pinion before the ESC would climb into the 140's. Now it's barly breaking 100..

EDIT: I had to tuck the wires as well for this to work.

Did you just plug it into the stock receiver? If I buy the fan for a rustler vxl, will it come with the cable I need to plug into the receiver? One last question...how did you secure the fan in place? Sorry to bombard you with questions...but I gotta do something to cool things off....I'm getting to 170* with the quickness.....THANKS!!