Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Racer
    I thought about posting here just to get you back to the front page... but then I realized that I had questions too.

Do you have the esc and/or rx mounted in any way, or are they just bouncing around in the battery compartment?

Why didn't you route the fan wires through the hole that you drilled above the ESC?

-- This was brilliant! I wonder how long it's going to be before we start seeing more pics of this mod? I can vouch that you will see my pictures of it before long (I'll give you credit when I do post them).
    http://tinyurl.com/RokeyLounges-MERV

RC Competitor
    Cool,thats what i need.

can you tell me the measuring of the free space on the right now? with height please.
    Last edited by firestarter; 08-04-2009 at 01:44 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=born2bash

RC Racer
    Rokey,The esc and rx do not have servo tape on them.The wires do a good job holding them in place. The fan wires,I ran them like that because there is a hole on the edge when you close the box lid. I did put heat shrink over the fan wires and foam on the inside of the black lid. My new shocks should be in thursday.
    1/16 Revo/Slash 4x4/Revo 2.0
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC poster
    Question regarding the Kyosho rims - Do the wheel nuts thread on all the on or do they stop just before the plastic lock on the nut?
    Last edited by Maxx Truck; 08-05-2009 at 04:43 AM.

RC Racer
    Maxx,They do not thread all the way into the plastic lock.The kyosho wheels are a few mm thicker.You can run a non flanged nut that will go all the way.There is alot of guys running these wheels with out problems.They are very heavy duty wheels,alot better then stock.PM "ThomasP" to ask him what he thinks.
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Racer
    ok, so i guess i have yet one more question. did you cut out the fins in that rear battery vent, or did you cut-off the trx connector, and re-solder a new one on?
    http://tinyurl.com/RokeyLounges-MERV

RC Racer
    You can take TRX connector apart.One wire in one vent hole,one in another.
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Qualifier
    I just ground out the fins, because I can't stand trx connectors and use Deans.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Qualifier
    What are some good fans to use for this conversion? I think I am going to do my slash this way since I only run one 2s lipo anyhow.

RC Qualifier
    I used the Novak from my GTB
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    I used a 30mm fan,voltage 6 to 7.4.
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Racer
    Got my new Traxxas shocks and can.bearings in,they are smooth as silk. My Revo is so light that I am going to run stock green springs and 60wt oil. The JC Goosebump tires are very soft,so they will help with small bumps on the track. I want to run this weekend,but it may rain.
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Racer
    I just completed my Mini Slash conversion to a buggy. I installed my ESC and receiver in the right hand battery box. I had to remove some material from the forward vent to fit the SR300 receiver and wiring. You can't even tell that I modded this. For the battery lead I just positioned it like the battery through the gap in the back. Works geat. I had to rotate the motor 180 degrees to get enough length on the three power feeds.

I installed a Novak 25mm fan. I drilled the chassis to the proper diameter to just thread the screws into the plastic like everthing else. I used my dremel to remove the mounting ribs so that the fan would mount flat and over the ESC. The fan fits great and I am sure that this will work well. I don't have a good Lipo yet so I am concerned about run time on the stock battery.

Body: I used a Proline Croud Pleaser body for the Mini Inferno. It fits over everything especially with the ESC and receiver in the battery box. Body mounts are the big challenge. I used Losi front mounts attached to piano wire. I used the servo screws and the front mount screw to create a tripod for the mount and it worked out better than I thought. In the rear I made a hoop that is attached to the vent screws.

To top it off I modified the rear mount to install a Losi lexan find. It looks perfect and the Mini buggy looks like a half 8th scale. Currently I have stock Slash tires and I plan to get some HPI Vintage 31mm streat tires for racing on carpet and the 26mm Soft Rally tires for dirt. I want to keep it close to slash size and a scale version of the 4WD 8th Scales buggies. It works out to be really a 12th scale based on wheelbase and track width.

I will try to post some pic.

RC Racer
    Can'nt wait to see pics. I have one of those Mini Inferno 09's. I have never ran it yet.
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Racer
    I just tested the new Back Slash VXL and wow it is fantastic. The rear sway bar really makes a huge difference. The lower components mad it much more stable. My rear wing seems to be helping traction too.

RC Racer
    I am glad its working out for you Stockslasher!
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Racer
    Any pics StockSlasher?????
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Racer
    I also would like to see some pics

RC Racer
    Me too! I did this mod last night... used a Toyz 1/10 fan pulling air out of the battery box to keep stuff from sucking in and stalling the fan.

Only thing I can say is pull the motor before dremeling out the hole.... I'm lazy and tagged the motor. I covered up the blemish with heatsinks!

RC Racer
    I will have pics this week. I just finished my new 10th scale Slash body and should have it ready for photos tomorrow.

How much of a hassle is the button to get to with the ESC in the battery box. It looks like there is hardly any room for your finger to get to the button. Other than that the mod looks very nice and sure cleans up the top of the chassis.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockslasher
    I just completed my Mini Slash conversion to a buggy. I installed my ESC and receiver in the right hand battery box. I had to remove some material from the forward vent to fit the SR300 receiver and wiring. You can't even tell that I modded this. For the battery lead I just positioned it like the battery through the gap in the back. Works geat. I had to rotate the motor 180 degrees to get enough length on the three power feeds.

I installed a Novak 25mm fan. I drilled the chassis to the proper diameter to just thread the screws into the plastic like everthing else. I used my dremel to remove the mounting ribs so that the fan would mount flat and over the ESC. The fan fits great and I am sure that this will work well. I don't have a good Lipo yet so I am concerned about run time on the stock battery.

Body: I used a Proline Croud Pleaser body for the Mini Inferno. It fits over everything especially with the ESC and receiver in the battery box. Body mounts are the big challenge. I used Losi front mounts attached to piano wire. I used the servo screws and the front mount screw to create a tripod for the mount and it worked out better than I thought. In the rear I made a hoop that is attached to the vent screws.

To top it off I modified the rear mount to install a Losi lexan find. It looks perfect and the Mini buggy looks like a half 8th scale. Currently I have stock Slash tires and I plan to get some HPI Vintage 31mm streat tires for racing on carpet and the 26mm Soft Rally tires for dirt. I want to keep it close to slash size and a scale version of the 4WD 8th Scales buggies. It works out to be really a 12th scale based on wheelbase and track width.

I will try to post some pic.
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, everyone's been wanting pics and they don't seem to exist anywhere, lol. I'd like to see them though, sounds good anyways.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Competitor
    great work on the design BUT...................

really that is not balancing out the truck,

the only thing different is just that the reciever is on the same side as the esc and servo....

rx doesnt really weigh that much...

dont think it will make a difference at all with performence

RC Qualifier
    First off we're not even talking about the OP anymore, and yes, it does help, you're lowering the COG and I'm willing to bet the esc+rx is pretty close to a single 2S lipo.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    You can always add lead to even or add weight where needed.The Revo now handles like its on rails.
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, you just need to get some good tires/wheels with a small offset(not a wide stance) and lower it way down with a good suspension setup and it's not too bad on the track. Still gets walked on by real trucks like T4's/XXX-T's or real buggies because of no weight or ability to keep stability in bumps, but it's getting there.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj
    How much of a hassle is the button to get to with the ESC in the battery box. It looks like there is hardly any room for your finger to get to the button. Other than that the mod looks very nice and sure cleans up the top of the chassis.
    Its easy to get to the on/off ESC button.......just reach in there and poke it.

HUGE IMPROVMENT!

I killed a pack at the local Costco and WOW what a difference! It actually slides sideways with one front tire in the air at 100% throttle sweeper! I can do doughnuts....used to flip immediatly.

It doesn't look like much weight and it isnt much..........but it makes a huge difference in performance.

RC Racer
    Have not posted lately,Revo is running awsome.
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Racer
    I realized that I did not post pics on this thread. Check out what I did at the thread below. Thanks to NASTYREVO for the suggestions. It worked great for me.

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=489998

Even with the changes I want lower COG. So I have modified the chassis significantly. It's not pretty but I cut off the battery boxes and designed a low plate that is mounted to the center screws. This modification is a lot like the GorillaMax G3R chassis design for the E-Revo (google it). I can then mount the servo flat to lower COG. Funny thing is I can fit a 4000mAH LiPo on the left side. The Mini Inferno body doesn't like it and it is 230gms which is too much. The ESC, Servo, and Receiver weight about 80-90gms so a 1600mAH Lipo is close but remember that the motor is leaning to the right side which weighs a lot >300gm.

I ended up mounting the stock Slash body back on. With the lower plate it is a little below the body so I am looking to modify it more to match better. I will post photos once I get it dialed and run. I need a new Lipo and want more than 2000mAH and balance the weight more.
    Last edited by Stockslasher; 09-22-2009 at 12:14 PM.

RC Racer
    Looking good Stockslasher!!!!
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Racer
    bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Qualifier
    Why.......
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    I do not run two batterys and to keep a lower center of gravity. It also keeps the Revo more balanced.
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Enthusiast
    I have a question for you.If I'm right the ESC pulls more than 40A sometimes.Does single pack of 1500 or 2000 mAh with 20C rate can provide еnough juice ? This is my only concern.Other than that this setup looks perfect.
    Last edited by carpediem; 11-23-2009 at 11:26 AM.
    Bulgaria (Europe),so PARDON my English !

RC Racer
    Here is the battery I run most of the time. I have not had any heet problems at all. http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-1550-74-ERevo-Pack.htm
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Racer
    Just wanted to give an update. The ESC temps are around 70 to 80 degrees and motor around a 100 degrees. The Revo has a new name at the track aka "Crackpipe"LOL!!!!,because it is so crazy fast and handles to be so small.If yall do not have Goosebump tires,GET SOME!!!!!!!
    HPI Baja 5T-Loaded

RC Qualifier
    Whats the update as far as heat? Does it stay cool?
    Run What Ya Brung and Pray You Brung Enough!

RC Qualifier
    My bad.......I didnt go far enough.

RC Qualifier
    I'm glad I test fitted everything before I cut. It will not work with a spektrum s3000 reciever. The plugs are to tall. you didnt run into a problem with the reciever you used?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast