RC Racer

100 deggress am I smoking up my titans

ok first woohoo I just got my e revo after much though and contemplating and forum browsing/posting I got the e revo non brushless due to many I can upgrade later.

coulple quick noob ?'s
    1. I have google and searched everywhere for the speed of this animal and only the brushless offers a speed that I have found. Mine is stock right out of box with intellect (btw anygood?) 7 cell 8.4v 4600 mah batteries any rough estimates what this is?

2. It is 100 degrees here and I noticed my motor and esc were hot to me. Kinda couldn't keep your finger on it it was that hot. Just running on dad grass. So does the 100 degree affect that? I am going to get a temp gun but just got it today and trying to stay safe with it.

3. and finally to jump with it. It is my uinderstanding that higher weight oil is better for jumping. It comes with 30 should I go higher?

I am also thinking about rasing it a bit for jumping to avoid bottoming out. not sure though. I haven't jumped it yet.

I am busy though searching this forum for all kinks of info

thanks
    Last edited by rcmonster77; 07-30-2009 at 12:36 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I cant answer your first two question, but if im thinking correctly right now, I would say that thicker wt. shock oil would be better for jumping because it would make your shock compress at a slower rate when you come off a jump.
    Nitro Sport Pro. 15
    VXL BlackSlash w/ DX2.0

RC Qualifier
    I just found my R/C car magazine October 2008. they tested the E-revo with two 7 cell 3300mah orion batteries and got 30mph out of it.
    .___/ ```i____"""""""ex racer
    [_^______ ^ _]Now RCdrifter & Revo
    .( o )____( o )___Backyard basher

RC Racer
    k cool was thinking something like this from another post
    I would change to the stiffer sets of springs that came with it. And maybe put 65 weight shock oil all the way around.
    and this was there not sure if this is good
    And I would also get LPR Truggy tires/rims with a 1/2 inch offset...it makes your truck turn better and gives it a wider stance...which makes it MUCH more stable and keeps you from flipping over.
    was thinking about going with the hurricanes(6.3'' traxxas ones) to get more clearance for jumping and monster truck look.

RC Champion
    Um not to sound rude but this website tells you it should get just over 30 mph on two 7 cell packs. http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec..._erevo5605.htm

RC Racer
    no offense taken I missed that they restructured their info and made it alot of pages and i missed it thanks for pointing it out

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmonster77
    ok first woohoo I just got my e revo after much though and contemplating and forum browsing/posting I got the e revo non brushless due to many I can upgrade later.

coulple quick noob ?'s
    1. I have google and searched everywhere for the speed of this animal and only the brushless offers a speed that I have found. Mine is stock right out of box with intellect (btw anygood?) 7 cell 8.4v 4600 mah batteries any rough estimates what this is?

2. It is 100 degrees here and I noticed my motor and esc were hot to me. Kinda couldn't keep your finger on it it was that hot. Just running on dad grass. So does the 100 degree affect that? I am going to get a temp gun but just got it today and trying to stay safe with it.

3. and finally to jump with it. It is my uinderstanding that higher weight oil is better for jumping. It comes with 30 should I go higher?

I am also thinking about rasing it a bit for jumping to avoid bottoming out. not sure though. I haven't jumped it yet.

I am busy though searching this forum for all kinks of info

thanks
    found answer on here for question 3 on my previous post that I forgot I posted. Sorry. and btw it continued without me know or checking and it has some good info for jumping for others as well.

just concerned now about heat

btw I LOVE THE E REVO AND ITS NOT EVEN BRUSHLESS Not sure I will go brushless though I love the water, snow abillilty but that;s another story all together.
    Last edited by rcmonster77; 07-30-2009 at 11:53 AM.
    stampede (stock)
    E-Revo (stock)