Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gone fishin II

RC Champion

Gone fishin II

I started this thread over on UE and figured since it's down for who knows how much longer? that i'd start it up over here......

I finally got a steelhead from the summer run!

9 lbs
    Last edited by newb-rookie; 08-04-2009 at 09:11 PM.
    V-Spec Revo, UE EXT Thunder SM

RC Champion
    This thread seemed to be a little more popular over there too... anyone like fishing? post some pictures of your catches....

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    I love to fish, just don't have any pics.
    We catch bass, catfish, bluegill, and tobacco sticks here on the east coast.
    And when in season, killer rockfish!
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

I love fishing. Went out this weekend, didn't catch anything picture worthy, just some small bass, bluegill and catfish. I do have a pic of my fishing boat.

I call it a fishing boat (instead of bass boat) because I fish for anything and everything that will bite, not just bass.
    Either you are the Predator or you are the prey

RC Champion
    Nice guys...when i was in Florida like 4 years ago i rigged my rod with 50 lbs test and a three hook baiting system. I used squid and shrimp for bait and i caught a small thresher(shark) about 1.5 lbs he was just a cub
    RC RUNS IN MY BLOOD!

R
    E
    V
    O

RC Qualifier
    I also love to fish, i dont really catch very big ones, since i usually just troutfish in local rivers

RC Champion
    Redfish.....thats good eating!
    No matter where you go there you are.

RC Champion
    i've caught so many fish this year already. i have a freezer full of trout, perch, pike, bass, bluegill, and crappie.

ive yet to get a catfish this year. maybe its time for some camping and some night fishin.....

RC Champion
    No catfish yet? Man, they are like 90 percent of what I catch here...
    Using Shrimp, bottom fishing.

One fish I just CANT seem to find are largemouth bass.

Quote Originally Posted by rustytraxx
    Redfish.....thats good eating!
    Yes it IS! Unfortunately, that fish was too big by 4 inches, so i let it go.

RC Qualifier
    hey wat bait do u guys use?
    slayer 3.3

jato 3.3 part out!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tphill
    I love fishing. Went out this weekend, didn't catch anything picture worthy, just some small bass, bluegill and catfish. I do have a pic of my fishing boat.

I call it a fishing boat (instead of bass boat) because I fish for anything and everything that will bite, not just bass.
    your lucky you catch something. I will be out there for hours and not catch anything .
    R.I.P Paul Gray
    1972-2010

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by timjs
    No catfish yet? Man, they are like 90 percent of what I catch here...
    Using Shrimp, bottom fishing.

One fish I just CANT seem to find are largemouth bass.

Yes it IS! Unfortunately, that fish was too big by 4 inches, so i let it go.
    To big? for real, lol... that sucks!

the catfish are good eating but compared to trout and bass, they're just a real and drag fish. lol

as far as bait goes i catch all my appetizers off of a bobber and worms with one pole and with the other i use lures and catch my main course's... to catch bass it's not so much what lure you use but the color. three main colors will catch you a bass. white, black, and green. i use the spinner baits with the spoons. not the propellers. they're a buck a piece at wal-mart. so i get a few of each and carelessly snag and loose them for that price. i also have real good luck with dark purple 6" rubber worms with a single 0/3 hook and a bullet weight at the front. the watermellon seed worms work good as well. with the rubber worms and those three spinners if you spend twenty minutes casting each lure you WILL catch a bass. if they're in there. lol.....

The river fish i use spinners with bronze spoons and rusty white squirrel tales ranging through the sizes from 3-5....
    Last edited by newb-rookie; 08-05-2009 at 04:50 PM.

RC Champion

RC Champion
    I dont have a pic but we have a walleye thats almost 8.5 pounds
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by newb-rookie
    To big? for real, lol... that sucks!

the catfish are good eating but compared to trout and bass, they're just a real and drag fish. lol

as far as bait goes i catch all my appetizers off of a bobber and worms with one pole and with the other i use lures and catch my main course's... to catch bass it's not so much what lure you use but the color. three main colors will catch you a bass. white, black, and green. i use the spinner baits with the spoons. not the propellers. they're a buck a piece at wal-mart. so i get a few of each and carelessly snag and loose them for that price. i also have real good luck with dark purple 6" rubber worms with a single 0/3 hook and a bullet weight at the front. the watermellon seed worms work good as well. with the rubber worms and those three spinners if you spend twenty minutes casting each lure you WILL catch a bass. if they're in there. lol.....

The river fish i use spinners with bronze spoons and rusty white squirrel tales ranging through the sizes from 3-5....
    Good advice. My only issue is that I dont have a boat... which in the country thats not a big deal, but here, almost all the lakes and rivers are lined with homes. So the few public waterfronts we have are not bass living areas. There no vegetation or cover of any kind. Not to mention every public spot I have found is overfished all day.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by timjs
    Good advice. My only issue is that I dont have a boat... which in the country thats not a big deal, but here, almost all the lakes and rivers are lined with homes. So the few public waterfronts we have are not bass living areas. There no vegetation or cover of any kind. Not to mention every public spot I have found is overfished all day.
    Same problem here.... i just walk the lake through peoples yards. if they complain you can always knee high wade passed. those spots you cant get to are the ones you gotta get to! lol.... i go to the public overfished spots to. the fish are smart. they stat away from that side of the lakes. but on the otherside, they murder anything you put in the water. keep trying to find new spots. i usually have to drive, park, then walk for god knows how long to a fishing hole. it's a hunting sport. so hunt them down! just remember that people dont own the water and if your polite walking by they may give you permission to walk through. theres this ons spot where a lady will actually put her three dogs inside so i can pass through and fish peacefully. rivers are even worse. ill park at a bridge and walk down it for hours. just explore and you'll find the sweer spots. and small mouth bass live in slow moving deep rivers to. fish often, change the times, and move to them. it aint easy to hunt them down but to really catch them you gotta work at it...

i forgot to add the biggest tip. wear long sleeve pants and shirt and take bug spray. lol poisen ivey, oak, and sumac suck. so do mosquito's!!!!!
    Last edited by newb-rookie; 08-06-2009 at 11:50 AM.

RC Champion
    hooked into another steelhead today. reeled on it for about five seconds and he just spit it out. i hate how they can do that. unfortunately i count that as a fish on, and im now 1 for 11... I've learned a lot since the one i just caught though so i plan on being more successfull with the next ten... time to up my average and leave the river with my limit for a change!

RC Champion
    Im going to go fishing later today, hopefully Ill have some more pictures to post here. Wish me luck

RC Qualifier
    im going fishing too

hey and wat bait do u guys reccomend for fishing in a pier?
    slayer 3.3

jato 3.3 part out!!!

RC Qualifier
    are you going to oceanside pier???

for bait, either get some squid or some anchovies.
    If u can, try to get some live anchovies if they are there, somtimes there are thousands but the last few times i have gone there were none.

I would ask some the asian people there cause they some how catch the jacksmelt every few seconds when i can only get like one every half hour.

Oh and get some sibiki rigs too, get the small ones and put like a little bit of squid on each hook and u should be good
    eh...i dont see a problem here

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by e-maxx guy
    im going fishing too

hey and wat bait do u guys reccomend for fishing in a pier?
    Two poles, bobber fish one and throw a lure on the other. just use good old fashion worms. it's usually hook size that matters with bait fishing. be sure you know whats biting and usually a smaller hook like a size 6 will land you a variety of big and small fish....

RC Champion
    Well I went to the nassau sound yesterday. Its the mouth of the St johns flowing into the ocean...
    Only caught a small whiting.
    The the tides started going out, and the powerful current didnt allow us to fish anymore.

RC Champion
    got another ons

9 lbs[/QUOTE]

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just got back from a 7 day fishing trip in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I stayed at my parents cabin on Lake Superior and fished a small flooding a few miles away and the Tahq river. I mainly went for Pike. I spend most the time in the flooding which is an awesome fishery. Most of the pike were 20 inches, but I did get a few that were 30+. Nothing like seeing a 33 inch Northern hammer a buzz bait. Over 7 days I caught several hundred pike ranging from 7 inches to 33 inches using a white buzzbait.

Biggest two. The second one had server gill damage so we keep him for dinner.

Average size fish. I was told by a local that the fish were stunted do to lack of prey fish in the flooding, hence so many little ones, but the health and girth of these littler ones tells me other wise. Couldn't even wrap your and all the way around these little guys.

The area. No other boats in sight, no roads, cars, people, it is awesome.

And of course a storm rolled in on Sunday and I had to boat for 3 miles in pouring rain to get to the launch.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Champion
    Okay, im jealous.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda_tmaxx
    Just got back from a 7 day fishing trip in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

And of course a storm rolled in on Sunday and I had to boat for 3 miles in pouring rain to get to the launch.
    Where in the U.P. did you go? and 3 miles in a boat in the rain isnt too bad. Ive done 15+ miles in pouring rain on a jet ski! That stings!!
    Are you an RC addict?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmaxx64
    Where in the U.P. did you go? and 3 miles in a boat in the rain isnt too bad. Ive done 15+ miles in pouring rain on a jet ski! That stings!!
    Try three miles going slow as it was a no wake lake. It wouldn't have been bad if I had my rain gear, but the storm was suppose to stay south of where I was fishing so I left it in the car.

My parents cabin is in Paradise, which is just south of Whitefish point.

RC Champion
    Next time your that far out just stay out. if your gonna get soaked you might as well make the best of it. + the best fishin is in the rain lol...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by newb-rookie
    Next time your that far out just stay out. if your gonna get soaked you might as well make the best of it. + the best fishin is in the rain lol...
    I was on my way in when I it started to rain, otherwise I would have stayed out. Just got done packing up for my next trip. Leaving tomorrow after work to do some bass fishing during the day and crappie fishing after dark this weekend.
    Last edited by cuda_tmaxx; 08-12-2009 at 11:11 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    wat kind fish is that man iin new jersey got some bigg basss 8 lbs huge

My son with yesterday's catch.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Couple nice fish. They will make for a good meal.

Did some bass fishing this weekend and didn't do to bad and then hit a small trout stream and picked up a few small rainbows. Nothing of size of newb's, but fun to catch
    Last edited by cuda_tmaxx; 08-16-2009 at 11:23 PM.

RC Racer
    I love fishing also, I go all the time. My friends dad is a pro fisherman and we go on his boat and catch some huge bass. Just yesterday on Forrest lake I had a 45-50 inch musky engulf my lure and spit it out right next to the boat . I was trembling for the next ten minutes . My biggest fish was a 5lb bass...which is monster for minnesota.
    E-Revo-MMM 2200-4s-5s-6s
    Go ***** Go!

Here's today's catch.

I set out some trot lines Friday and my brother was supposed to get them in yesterday. He got in all but one and then got rained out. I went back out today and got the last line, and these two guys.

RC Champion
    What species is that? Ive never seen those here. ^^^

I think those are some sort of flathead catfish, not really sure though. I do know they were very tasty!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    They are channel cats. Flatheads don't have a V in the tail and the lower jaw extends past the upper jaw.

Channel cat makes more sense because I have read that flatheads like live bait and these were caught with chicken liver.

RC Champion
    where did you get those rainbows at?

Those are some nice catfish. i've only caught the blue channel cats down in tennessee. We mostly have the bullhead catfish. the thing to do with trout lines down in tennessee is you go to the lake or river with a fine woven net and scoop up a couple quarter to halfdollar sized toads and use a rubber band to secure them to the hook. they live a lot longer this way. about a half hour and they drowned. most if the time you wait fifteen minutes and had a nice cat on there.

Thanks newb. This weekend I used 3 different baits, and put the same bait every third hook, and all fish hit the chicken liver. I used the liver, hotdogs soaked in garlic powder, and chedder cheese that I had left out (in my hobby building) for 4 days. The lake I fish on mostly is Inland Lake, man made about 60 years ago. It is 7 miles long from start to the dam. It winds through the mountains. It is crystal clear water, you can see bottom at 20 feet. It is very deep, the main channel is 60-70 feet and closer to the dam my fishfinder has registered 170 feet. There are only a handfull of houses on the lake, and not may people really go there. Almost all of the houses are within a mile or two of the dam, so most of the lake is natural beauty. It even has some alligators living in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast