Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Known wheels/tires that do/don't work

So, since everyone asks what tires/wheels work, and everyone seems to want a thread like this, I'll try to start one. Be great if a mod could sticky this and try to keep things in order.

Wheels that DO work:
    - Traxxas "Lite wheels"(rear 2.2" truck rims, rear buggy tires stretched to fit work best on these) #1972
    - Ofna BBT wheels(2.2" 1/12 buggy wheels(all same size, work best with 4wd front buggy tires stretched on) #86147 or #86144
    - HPI Brama 10B rear wheels(2.2", works best with rear buggy tires) #100625 or #100623
    - Duratrax Maximum ST wheels(2.2" truck wheel, big offset for wide stance, stretching rear buggy tires or just using truck wheels should both do good) DTXC9850 or DTXC9877 or DTXC9860
    - HPI Monster SS wheels(must get rear, works fine with rear buggy tires or truck tires, big offset for wide stance) #2160
    - Kyosho ZX-5 rear "Flush" wheels(rears work best with 4wd front buggy tires stretched to fit) KYOW5202W
    - JConcepts "Tense" beadlock wheels(seem to fit good with rear buggy tires, 4wd front buggy may fit for a smaller sidewall) #3328
    - Pro-Line "Epic" Slash beadlocks(2.2" shortcourse truck wheel, fits good with rear or 4wd front buggy tires) #2704-02 or #2704-03 or #2704-04

Wheels that DON'T work
    - Anything meant for the Bandit, which surprisingly doesn't have hexes(has tripped a few people up already, including me) ex: #2474 and #2472
    - Anything that uses a pin style mounting(any Associated or Losi rear truck wheels, many other buggy wheels), because the pins/axles on the minis are smaller/skinnier than standard and pin mounted wheels will not work(yet...)

That's all for now, I know there are more, but I don't feel like finding them all now. Either respond here or PM me with where I can find pics of your wheels, and I'll put the pic up as an example, if you have a certain wheel that works that I didn't list, tell me what they are and I can add them.
    Last edited by xtraman122; 08-08-2009 at 12:15 PM.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    Thank you

RC Champion
    I assume you are talking bolt on 12mm hex , MLST2 wheels and tires will work IF you use the MLST hexes and drill the wheel center out 1mm .

I have found the Team Academy SBv2 rear buggy wheels to be a PERFECT fit (axle nut will tighten all the way down)
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Qualifier
    Great, now I can't edit the post to add the new stuff...
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Champion
    Rpm 2.2 wheels do work but not without mods. I used a router and "Thinned" the rim so I could get a good bite with the locknut. Today I tried the proline Torque 2.8 wheels with premounted Dirt Hawg tires and it looks awesome. http://www.prolineracing.com//p-488-...t-or-rear.aspx This will deff. be my next combo.
    My current wheel and tire combo is the rpm wheel with Imex Claw dawg tire.
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by xtraman122
    So, since everyone asks what tires/wheels work, and everyone seems to want a thread like this, I'll try to start one. Be great if a mod could sticky this and try to keep things in order.

Wheels that DO work:
    - Traxxas "Lite wheels"(rear 2.2" truck rims, rear buggy tires stretched to fit work best on these) #1972
    - Ofna BBT wheels(2.2" 1/12 buggy wheels(all same size, work best with 4wd front buggy tires stretched on) #86147 or #86144
    - HPI Brama 10B rear wheels(2.2", works best with rear buggy tires) #100625 or #100623
    - Duratrax Maximum ST wheels(2.2" truck wheel, big offset for wide stance, stretching rear buggy tires or just using truck wheels should both do good) DTXC9850 or DTXC9877 or DTXC9860
    - HPI Monster SS wheels(must get rear, works fine with rear buggy tires or truck tires, big offset for wide stance) #2160
    - Kyosho ZX-5 rear "Flush" wheels(rears work best with 4wd front buggy tires stretched to fit) KYOW5202W
    - JConcepts "Tense" beadlock wheels(seem to fit good with rear buggy tires, 4wd front buggy may fit for a smaller sidewall) #3328
    - Pro-Line "Epic" Slash beadlocks(2.2" shortcourse truck wheel, fits good with rear or 4wd front buggy tires) #2704-02 or #2704-03 or #2704-04

Wheels that DON'T work
    - Anything meant for the Bandit, which surprisingly doesn't have hexes(has tripped a few people up already, including me) ex: #2474 and #2472
    - Anything that uses a pin style mounting(any Associated or Losi rear truck wheels, many other buggy wheels), because the pins/axles on the minis are smaller/skinnier than standard and pin mounted wheels will not work(yet...)

That's all for now, I know there are more, but I don't feel like finding them all now. Either respond here or PM me with where I can find pics of your wheels, and I'll put the pic up as an example, if you have a certain wheel that works that I didn't list, tell me what they are and I can add them.
    Thanks for this great thread!!

RC Champion
    bump anyone else?
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Racer
    Academy rear buggy wheels are excellent. Plenty of thread enagement.
    http://kccad.com/rcfun/images/MiniRevo/Mini_Mod4.JPG
    http://kccad.com/rcfun/images/MiniRevo/Mini_Mod5.JPG

Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-09-2009 at 06:37 PM.
    Run it like you borrowed it!

RC Qualifier
    I bet the fronts work too, I saw them on A-main, only one pack of the rear yellows left, maybe I'll get the whites instead, I've been looking for a plain white or yellow buggy rim(I know, the Kyoshos do work), and I was dissapointed with the Bandit ones not working.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Competitor
    Street tires that fit the rims that work??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I've seen panther slicks on the Kyosho ZX5 wheels(in OP).
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AcadDude
    Academy rear buggy wheels are excellent. Plenty of thread enagement.
    http://kccad.com/rcfun/images/MiniRevo/Mini_Mod4.JPG
    http://kccad.com/rcfun/images/MiniRevo/Mini_Mod5.JPG

Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo
    Both are 553x415. 553 is at or below 640. 415 is at or below 480. What is the real size that is acceptable?

RC Qualifier
    It's actually 768x576..., but ya, pointless rule, should be more like 800x600.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    It's actually 768x576..., but ya, pointless rule, should be more like 800x600.

I see that size now. Doh! It's zoomed down when hosted to fit the window.

Any of the wheels and tires that Duratrax makes for the Vendetta ST work. You will have to drilll out the hole in the wheel and they can rub the body when the suspension is fully compressed.

RC Qualifier
    supposedly the mini or was it micro inferno (losi) wheels and tires will work as well..
    Ur wife called. She said buy anything U want!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPsycho
    supposedly the mini or was it micro inferno (losi) wheels and tires will work as well..
    I think the intention of the thread is to know if it does or does not work. Try it. If it does work post it does. If it do'nt post it do'nt.

RC Competitor
    Will these wheels work on the mini revo. If so can someone PLEASE send me a link to road tires that will fit.(please use horizon hobby)THANKS!!!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HPI3712

RC Qualifier
    Any regular touring car slicks would fit it, I'm guessing it would work because most HPI stuff is 12mm hex, but I really have no idea.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Competitor
    Any regular touring car slicks would fit it, I'm guessing it would work because most HPI stuff is 12mm hex, but I really have no idea.
    Are these tires just the tire or dose it come with the rim. If it is just the tire will it fit the rim I posted in my other post? Heres the link.THANKS

tire: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=BXRF2638

wheel: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HPI3712

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E REVO MAN
    Street tires that fit the rims that work??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    road rage 2.2 on axial beadlocks

Just play.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by E REVO MAN
    Are these tires just the tire or dose it come with the rim. If it is just the tire will it fit the rim I posted in my other post? Heres the link.THANKS

tire: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=BXRF2638

Or how about this set up. Will it work???THANKS

tire: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HPI4791

RC Qualifier
    bandits wheels work fine just remove the hex.
    "You must first climb, to be at the top"

RC Competitor
    E REVO Man, here's the Horizon link to the HPI tires I just did 59.7MPH on.. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HPI4541 ... and here is the link to the wheels (I think) http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HPI3697

I can't get any details to come up on the wheels to make sure they are the 57MM x 35MM 2.2", but the picture is the same as on other sites for that wheel. There may be more than 1 size of these wheels, tires, you want the ones designated as 2.2"I.D...the tires are 3 7/16" outside diameter and 2" wide

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FastPede
    No, they don't, the axle is too short and thin and the pin is way too small, don't say something if you don't know what you're talking about, multiple people have already figured out they don't work.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FastPede
    Why don't you go buy some and tell us how it works out for ya.

RC Competitor
    Imex 1/10 Rally,just needed a spacer...

RC Competitor
    ^^^^ That looks wicked good. Pete you think those hole-shots on your bandit wheels would fit those?

(Edited for spelling)
    Last edited by karta313; 08-11-2009 at 07:42 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe, but I already found these and plan to use them.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Competitor
    ooooo big spender...

RC Qualifier
    Either those or the JConcepts beadlocks, which I'm lovin, and I want the weight for stability, but not if it'll make me go wild in the air whenever I touch the gas or brakes(which most rotating mass will do).
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Competitor
    Ya I'm hoping someone at the track has the beadlocks. The weight will certainly help keep it on the ground which will be nice....these things have so much power what we need is weight. I don't think it will be so bad though, just keep it light on the throttle and if you have to brake do it close to the ground so you don't nose dive, like this guy.

RC poster
    New Mexico now... South Dakota will always be home though.
    RICK. Where did you find the IMEX rims/tires? Also are those rims hex or pin?
    If it aint broke, then you're not having fun!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dadex11
    RICK. Where did you find the IMEX rims/tires? Also are those rims hex or pin?
    I found them @ the LHS,the part # is IMX7966.
    They are hex.

RC Racer
    hey rick is that a stock shell? its mean looking

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Syst3m
    hey rick is that a stock shell? its mean looking
    Yes,stock silver body,just removed all stickers.

RC Qualifier
    Modified JConcepts beadlocks with Goose Bumps :

4mm axle mod :

RockJamming free inside beadlock :

Not mine, but looks good

Glue them even if they are beadlocks...

Ref. thread with more info...

more info...

RC Qualifier
    HPI Super Nitro RS4's fits with spacers.
    Last edited by flatblack; 08-12-2009 at 08:42 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I don't get what you modded there Papino, is it a whole new center piece?
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Qualifier
    By default the axle hole is 7mm. Our mini E-Revo is 4mm.

I cut a round plastic piece and drilled some holes. This is optional really as it works fine stock when you tight the nuts well... But it was bugging me, so I did that to ensure they fit in perfectly centered.

An alu version would be better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast