Positive feedback for the 3.3...for a change

Thought I'd post a positive thread about the 3.3s after reading so many negative, Traxxas bashing threads. I've owned 2 (well 3 if you count the one Traxxas replaced FOR FREE) 3.3s. The first one Traxxas replaced but it was basically my inexperience that caused it's premature failure. Now that 3.3 has more than 3 gallons ran through it and it runs like a top. My second 3.3 I just bought a month or 2 ago and sent it to be professional modded. I now have over a gallon on it and it is a beast (compared to the stock 3.3 anyway).
    My point is the only time that members post something about the 3.3 is when they are having problems or issues...and I gaurantee that 95% of the time it's from user error...never when they have success.
    The 3.3 is a great small block mill that can he bought for a very good price (got mine off ebay nib w/pullstart for $99) that puts out some serious power. Yah it's not as powerful as a mid or big block but I would take my modded 3.3 anyday...especially for the price I paid for it.
    BTW...I have owned other engines in my Revo...I would still pick a 3.3! And the way Traxxas stands behind there products is second to none IMO.
    Kraken Baja
    Traxxas X-Maxx

I have to agree with you on that one. Never had an issue with a 3.3 or a 2.5 that wasn't my fault or inexperience. I hate seeing all these threads bashing their motors when the people obviously dont know what they are doing. When the 3.3 came out magazines were praising it for it's power and for the price.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC poster
    That's great ajb, Im sure this makes many happy.
    McLovin should hit the mods and make this a sticky

RC Racer
    Im new to nitro and have 2.5 and i find it great only had a few small probs when new (only cause i was learning) now its great easy to tune etc im loving it...Id recommend traxxas to anyone hey....

To date my 3.3 has just shy of 3 gallons on it. It is my first nitro ever so I know that it has gone through a lot and had high temperatures at many points. So far the piston looks unpitted, everything is nice and clean inside, the seals do their job and the carb is not stripped out. I try to take care of my engine as I don't have enough money to go out and buy new ones every year.
    So when this one lets loose, my next engine will be a 3.3. For the price for the performance, I think it is a good mill. And by going bigger I don't have to worry about upgrading the rest of the drivetrain.

RC Champion
    I do agree for the price the 3.3 is a great engine. With a little mod work it really made my slayer haul *****. The only issue i have ever had with a 3.3 is that the con rods are somewhat weak. I had one go in about a gallon of fuel and one go in about 2 gallons. Grated this may be the luck of the draw it still seems to be a place where improvement is needed. This being said, if you install a heavier duty rod, you are guaranteed to have a dependable rocket of an engine for a great price!
    2010 www.montecarloss.co.nr

My first nitro was the 2.5, I went through my nitro learning to tune and it went 5 gallons, after that I rebuilt it 1 time it was 12 gallons that time. Then I bought my TRX 3.3 engine, 8 gallons and still runs, I've picked up another 3.3 and it is my racing motor and has 4 gallons. After 7 I retire them from racing.

I've had nothing but great luck and good experiences with Traxxas and other motors as well.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus1
    2.5 was a decent mill. if im not mistaken, the 2.5 & 3.3 run the same rod so......that should explain the issue
    There is no issue, unless you mean people who run things too lean. The funny thing is that you generally only hear from the people who have an issue when viewing a forum such as this. People who have no problems rarely ever post about their success.

Oh, and I've known who you are since before your first post. I'm watching you, and have been for days. Play nice.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

Quote Originally Posted by Misbehavin'
    There is no issue, unless you mean people who run things too lean. The funny thing is that you generally only hear from the people who have an issue when viewing a forum such as this. People who have no problems rarely ever post about their success.

I agree. I stepped into the nitro RC world not knowing a single thing about them. The tuning was rough at first after the breakin procedure, but I have messed with tuning some on gas 2 stroke engines so I wasn't a complete noob to tuning I just had to learn that on these small engines small adjustments make a big difference. Once I figured out what a "properly tuned" engine should sound like, I've not had one single problem out of my 3.3 mill.

So with that said, I will post my success with my 3.3, mine runs like a raped ape

RC Champion
    cant agree more, my original engine has over eight gallons,cant keep bearings in it for long but the thing runs fantastic,my favorite engine now is one a friend gave me,has no compression when hot but runs better than either of my other two,my argument is,why pay for an expensive aftermarket engine when these have more power than you can honestly use(put to the ground)
    imo,anybody that says you need more power in a traxxas product than a 3.3 is crazy........
    Master of Traxxas engine longevity....

RC Qualifier
    the issue i tuning. the techie at my lhs runs the same motor as me and smokes me every time
    Use your Keyboard, OMG sounds Girly

Quote Originally Posted by PyroRc
    the issue i tuning. the techie at my lhs runs the same motor as me and smokes me every time
    Well you have to remeber also that no 2 motors are going to run exactly the same.

RC Qualifier
    i have had nothing but good things to say about traxxas and the trx motor line up. the 2.5 is just plain fun and the 3.3 is a monster i love the small block format and hope traxxas will never go away from it. i have had to date 3 2.5 all with 8 gal or more before being put out of service. and 5 3.3 in three different t-maxxes all had fully lifes of 7+ gallons of fuel. my newest one i have about 2 gallon on her and im on the sec glow plug lol. ding good motors
    My T-maxx eats nitro and poops Savages
    T-maxx 3.3

RC Racer
    well i have nothing but good res with my 3.3s i have a full race mod 3.3 as well and the power is rediculoous. holds a tune, runs like a banchy. way back when i had a modded .15 in a tmaxx it took me 5 years of hard ( i mean hard running ) to kill it. so i love the trx motors
    its only money