Thread: Front end slop

RC Qualifier

Front end slop

I notice while running on the street during high speed excelleration the front end seems to get speed wobbles. Running 2.2 Proline RoadHawgs. Is this from the front end lifting during excelleration or can it be adjusted out?

I am aware the car was made for the dirt so lets not go there. I just like to test and tune on the street as it is easy to see what the car is doing. Going to run the 2.8's for offroad prob start off with Proline Victory front and rear.

I do have some play in the tires where the connecting rod will hit the inside of the tire slightly. Bearings are new as are the tires and wheels.

Also the front shocks are unscrewing at the top just below the top shock mounts. I had problems with the right, put the ole locktite on, now the left is doing the same thing. So that would lead me to believe I have some major vibration.

By the way this car is completely stock and a hand me down, so I sure I am dealing with some worn out parts. Was thinking of changing out to Integy for the bling and strength. Any better ideas or products? I don't race so weight not a major factor just want reliability and durability.

Matt.......
    You reply I will keep the questions coming.

RC Racer
    NOOOO.....NOT integy. 90% or there products are junk and are overpriced.
    i would suggest looking at new era models or fast lane machineing if your going aluminum. if your not i'd go to rpm

lol i'd hope your connecting rod isn't hitting your tire. i think you mean turnbuckle
    i need a 3.3 for my cf rustler

A lot of the slop can be negated just by replacing the bushings in the bell cranks with bearings. I would try that first and then go from there.
    Keep On Wrenchin'

RC Racer
    Thats true as RC-Parts said replace the steering bushes with bearings ive just done mine yesterday hey and it makes a pretty big differance...

Save your money on fancy parts and get some good bearings.
    I've been using Bocas for over seven years and love them.
    LINK to bell crank bearings.
    Green Seals Rock !
    Keep On Wrenchin'