RC Competitor

Exclamation mini erevo or vxl rustler

I dont know wether i should get a rustler vxl or a mini erevo. I would like to run 3s lipos in both. But i have heard of overheating issues on mini at 3s. Any input would be appreciated. I'll be using either car for general bashing and racing around driveway area.
    - - - - - - -
    E-Revo
    Rustler VXL
    Revo 2.5

RC Racer
    I have a Nitro Rustler 2.5 and that's fun on the street for speed runs and stuff. I wouldn't really bash to hard with it... even the eletric version. The E-Revo VXL might be the way to go for general bashing but I think its just a little too small sometimes. I've seen people get CRAZY speeds without any heat issues on the Rustler VXL but in the end I would probobly go with the Revo.

RC Champion
    your going to get heat either way, just look on some threads and people have found pretty good ways to keep their mini cool
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

I have a Mamba-Fied Rusty and just got my MERV. It is a really tough call which one I like better. Both have things they do better than the other. I honestly dont know which I would chose if I could only have one.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Depends on your running surface. If it is really pitted and rutted, you'll get bored of the lightweight 1/16th getting stuck or flipped over, whereas a 1/10th will float serenely over it. However, being that your surface of preference is your driveway, I reckon the mini will be fine. Typically I find that minis are more entertaining to drive since they are lighter and smaller relative to the ruts in the terrain, leading to skittish handling compared to a 1/10 on the same surface.
    Revo 3.3 mk1, Xray M18MT, LRP Shark MT

RC Racer
    Go mini revo. A couple of guys are running 4 inch tires like imex claw dawgs or the dirt dawg which would make the mini revo a better option for off roading since it would have 4wd over the rustler then. Even with stock tires it has no problems bashing off road.

RC Qualifier
    yep go with the mini e-revo. it is a great all round car...
    GARAGE
    e-revo, ME-revo, micro-t, slash, DX3S

RC Qualifier
    Well I have run both, and it comes down to this, are you wanting 4WD or 2WD ? If you are wanting 4WD the mini Revo is the answer and the Rustler if you want 2WD. . Personally I like the mini far more than the Rustler, both are great trucks but to compare them to pick the best one is like comapring Megan Fox and Hillary Clinton.
    "Obedience alone gives the right to command."

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra 008
    Well I have run both, and it comes down to this, are you wanting 4WD or 2WD ? If you are wanting 4WD the mini Revo is the answer and the Rustler if you want 2WD. . Personally I like the mini far more than the Rustler, both are great trucks but to compare them to pick the best one is like comapring Megan Fox and Hillary Clinton.

I have both too my vote goes to the rustler... Megan and Hillary thats a little harsh ... I would say more like Megan and Brittney

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rippedr1
    I have both too my vote goes to the rustler... Megan and Hillary thats a little harsh ... I would say more like Megan and Brittney
    What's wrong with Hillary?
    I'm just joOoking. Brittney...ewWW. Care to elaborate on your discision with the rustler?

RC Competitor
    I was gung ho Rustler VXL at first but after giving the little guy another chance and learning how to drive it, it is a flipping blast. Especially jumping. The Rustler is more fun doing speed runs and the Revo is more fun to jump IMO. So get em both!