RC Champion

Exclamation Attention Traxxas Managment

I'm very hesitant to post this but I will at a chance to maybe be apart of something I LOVE to do and possibly improve the quality of my life.

Ever since I was recently laid off from a well known machine shop, I've been giving thought to ideas for bettering my life. The problem im having is that all the real good ones i have can really only be takenforth by other people/businesses. Because of this, many ideas come and go with no hope of ever knowing whether it was a good one. So this is me trying to share mine. I'm not sure where to go with this, but i just had a idea that I think would take traxxas to the next level of competitiveness and attract even more youthfull crowds to the sport of rc's. i would like to propose an idea that i think could help expand a whole new concept of driving a radio controlled vehicle. I've given this ''idea'' lots of thought and think with the right backing to get it started, this idea would spread rapidly. This idea could benifit traxxas as well as ALL of the traxxas rc truck/car owners. If done correctly it could possibly educate the youth and lower the need for customer care at the rate it's currently needed.

I'm looking for a chance that this thread will be seen by the RIGHT person or passed along to him/her. I'm not looking to share this idea and have someone else take credit for it. So if i can't recieve some sort of credit for it, then please disregard this post.

If someone from traxxas would like to contact me, My email is josh_richart_sullair@yahoo.com
    V-Spec Revo, UE EXT Thunder SM

RC Qualifier
    IF this is the wrong section, then I think that a thread for disneyland fans, or broken bones would also be in the wrong section. I see nothing wrong with it posted here. Not trying to bash you, it's just my 2cents.
    -Bob-

RC Racer
    Hope your idea is seen.
    Doge_guy43, those threads are more suited in this section as it is off topic talk and hangout. This also falls in that category, but the about traxxas section would be better.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

escobarfreak was only trying to help you.

This particular forum is "The Alley for Off Topic" discusssions.

what you want to post this in is
    " About Traxxas"
    Comments/Suggestions about Traxxas, website, other.

So take a chill pill will ya... Relax for pete's sake.

Another avenue that probably would get you a better response is PM'ing Nitro Chicken since he is a Traxxas employee...... Chances are it will go farther.

We like change and things that can help Traxxas. So relax will ya? This economy is getting to everyone...
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    escobarfreak was only trying to help you.

This particular forum is "The Alley for Off Topic" discusssions.

what you want to post this in is
    " About Traxxas"
    Comments/Suggestions about Traxxas, website, other.

So take a chill pill will ya... Relax for pete's sake.

Another avenue that probably would get you a better response is PM'ing Nitro Chicken since he is a Traxxas employee...... Chances are it will go farther.

We like change and things that can help Traxxas. So relax will ya? This economy is getting to everyone...
    If someone has the capabillity to pass this on to the right person, or can move the thread. please feel free to do so......

RC Champion
    Why would you approach them thru email or forum and esp for them to contact you ? Just give them a call and ask for the right person to talk to.
    ------
    hmmm, I've never seen it spelled that way.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vashon10
    Why would you approach them thru email or forum and esp for them to contact you ? Just give them a call and ask for the right person to talk to.
    one word ''documemtation''

but mostly:
    Don't you watch tv? what are the chances of getting the right person on the phone or in person for that matter? i'm sure they're flooded with people and ideas and are more than busy with current production, customer support, and engineering new products. im not trying to suggest a new rc or anything. i have thought of a way to expand traxxas and another company and make a new type of product to entertain and educate the traxxas crowd and everyone who runs r/c vehicles in general. it could benifit each user who is affected from running in the rain or winter, the potential future of traxxas raceing, and it would help new users to learn trouble shooting without calling customer support for assistance. this idea would take the traxxas name to the next level of r/c cars by a landslide. all by taking the first step into this unknown territory.
    Last edited by newb-rookie; 08-19-2009 at 03:30 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by newb-rookie
    ... what are the chances of getting the right person on the phone or in person for that matter? Better chances than them emailing you. i'm sure they're flooded with people and ideas and are more than busy with current production, customer support, and engineering new products. Seems like that's why they would not bother to contact a person based on a random post....
    See, we could all post like this and think we have a great idea. Do you really think that traxxas is going to contact us privately ? You have to go to them, not them come to you.

Plus I would be concerned about advertising my email address on the web (spam).
    Last edited by vashon10; 08-19-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    ------

RC Champion
    See, we could all post like this and think we have a great idea. Do you really think that traxxas is going to contact us privately ? You have to go to them, not them come to you.

Plus I would be concerned about advertising my email address on the web (spam).
    I consider this my way of coming to them, wouldn't you? email spam is fine. i have a delete all button. lol

I'm no market person so this is just my attempt.

RC Champion
    I consider this my way of coming to them, wouldn't you? ... I'm no market person so this is just my attempt.
    I know that's what you'd like to happen, but it's more involved.

There's always a problem that your idea might be something they are working on. So (I've read) many companies require a tangible asset such as a pending patent, copyright, or trademark before they'll seriously discuss it.

That's why I suggest calling and without disclosing the idea(s), ask what traxxas' policy is about approaching them for an idea. They might want to know the general category such as a "product" or a "process" (if it goes even that far). If they know you want (credit/compensation) it gets more complicated than just bending their ear about a concept to consider.
    Last edited by vashon10; 08-19-2009 at 09:46 PM.
    ------

Here you go... You can try to send a PM to Mike Jenkins (President and CEO of Traxxas):

http://monster.traxxas.com/member.php?u=75588

He's a great guy and replied to me once after a month or so, I guess he's a very busy man...

Hope this helps at least a little...

Daniel.

Last edited by danielhr77; 08-19-2009 at 09:53 PM.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Champion
    I know that's what you'd like to happen, but it's more involved.

There's always a problem that your idea might be something they are working on. So (I've read) many companies require a tangible asset such as a pending patent, copyright, or trademark before they'll seriously discuss it.

That's why I suggest calling and without disclosing the idea(s), ask what traxxas' policy is about approaching them for an idea. They might want to know the general category such as a "product" or a "process" (if it goes even that far). If they know you want (credit/compensation) it gets more complicated than just bending their ear about a concept to consider.
    Agreed. compensation may be inappropriate. I'd really just like to be apart of it.....

it would be a product though. and i had many ideas to make the most of it. such as making it very universal, even to non traxxas users.

Either way though, i'm not expecting much to come of this. i'm sure traxxas will get to my idea soon enough.

If I could only hear this call. Ring Ring, "Hello Traxxas? Can I speak with Nitro Chicken?" lolll
    All Lives Matter

RC Champion
    If I could only hear this call. Ring Ring, "Hello Traxxas? Can I speak with Nitro Chicken?" lolll
    But thanks to his avatar, could identify him in a line up.
    ------

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm sure that's happened before though!

The chicken coop is a little south of Traxxas though.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Racer
    one word ''documemtation''

but mostly:
    Don't you watch tv? what are the chances of getting the right person on the phone or in person for that matter? i'm sure they're flooded with people and ideas and are more than busy with current production, customer support, and engineering new products. im not trying to suggest a new rc or anything. i have thought of a way to expand traxxas and another company and make a new type of product to entertain and educate the traxxas crowd and everyone who runs r/c vehicles in general. it could benifit each user who is affected from running in the rain or winter, the potential future of traxxas raceing, and it would help new users to learn trouble shooting without calling customer support for assistance. this idea would take the traxxas name to the next level of r/c cars by a landslide. all by taking the first step into this unknown territory.
    Perfect, a traxxas video game for xbox and playstation! Genius!
    Make 'em Cry!

RC Racer
    Make 'em Cry!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by j-maxx5
    Ok well looks like i spoke to much already. it could help newb's learn how races work, tuning, try products before buying them in real life, advertisement. rain you say, play the traxxas game instead. I've even thought of a wireless traxxas remote with working trim adjustments and all. this could be big!!!!!

thanks for lettin the cat outta the bag btw!
    Last edited by newb-rookie; 08-21-2009 at 01:49 AM.

RC Racer
    Ok well looks like i spoke to much already. it could help newb's learn how races work, tuning, try products before buying them in real life, advertisement. rain you say, play the traxxas game instead. I've even thought of a wireless traxxas remote with working trim adjustments and all. this could be big!!!!!

thanks for lettin the cat outta the bag btw!
    Im not going to lie, me and my friend have been thinking of this idea for a while now and how awesome it would be, we even had the same idea on a wireless traxxas remote! I think traxxas should definately consider this. How fun would racing a slash with people across the country on XBOX LIVE be, SWEET!!!!
    Make 'em Cry!

I hate those lineups! Everybody picks me because I am the only one they recognize!

There are still a few of these floating around e-Bay and Amazon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Recers Delue.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	1264  
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken
    I hate those lineups! Everybody picks me because I am the only one they recognize!

I remember that game

OP: If a Traxxas game was your big idea, too late, already done a long time ago. But a new version with updated graphics (cryengine 3(lol)) and all the new trucks would be cool.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by esebcarfreak
    I remember that game

OP: If a Traxxas game was your big idea, too late, already done a long time ago. But a new version with updated graphics (cryengine 3(lol)) and all the new trucks would be cool.
    Yes, that's exactly the point, video games were nowhere near as popular back then as they are now, same story with traxxas.
    Make 'em Cry!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by j-maxx5
    Yes, that's exactly the point, video games were nowhere near as popular back then as they are now, same story with traxxas.

Video games have always been popular ever since the late 1970's-early 1080's.

When did I ever say anything about video gmames not being popular, lol.

You were the only Traxxas employee I know who moderates...

But I bet there's been calls for you at the call center.... lolll

Have to admit, it is funny though.
    All Lives Matter

RC Qualifier
    You were the only Traxxas employee I know who moderates...

But I bet there's been calls for you at the call center.... lolll

Have to admit, it is funny though.
    There is one more, he hardly posts and has Vandetta or someone as a avater.
    Can't forget: Jhonny.
    TEAM RCA
    VXL 3S Venom Powered Monster Pede.

RC Champion

that game looks like it has as much graphics as frogger for the atari... design it like the atv offroad fury games. being able to free ride and bash. make your own jumps and tracks. buy new parts. try new setups with suspension tuning. if they would advertise it for a couple months and get the build up and anticipation before it was released it would be big! fact is video games ARE bigger and more popular now a days. theres games for every abe group now. my dad wants a ps3 now and he's over 50. they've even made games a lifelike learning experience. for kids with school. simulation with driving. this game looks half done with minimal effort and thought put forth imo i wouldn't pay a nickle for it just by seeing the cover.

RC Racer
    that game looks like it has as much graphics as frogger for the atari... design it like the atv offroad fury games. being able to free ride and bash. make your own jumps and tracks. buy new parts. try new setups with suspension tuning. if they would advertise it for a couple months and get the build up and anticipation before it was released it would be big! fact is video games ARE bigger and more popular now a days. theres games for every abe group now. my dad wants a ps3 now and he's over 50. they've even made games a lifelike learning experience. for kids with school. simulation with driving. this game looks half done with minimal effort and thought put forth imo i wouldn't pay a nickle for it just by seeing the cover.
    Exactly!
    Make 'em Cry!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by esebcarfreak

Video games have always been popular ever since the late 1970's-early 1080's.

When did I ever say anything about video gmames not being popular, lol.
    Wow, nice one trying to argue, if you were smart enough to comprehend what i wrote, you would see that I said games are "more popular" than they used to be. And as I recall, I don' remember stating that you DID say anything about popularity. I just inferred that it would be a better idea, since games are indeed more popular than they were 30 years ago.
    Make 'em Cry!

RC Racer
    If Traxxas employees do indeed look at this section a lot, then they will have seen this thread

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ght=video+game

SO maybe hopefully, they are already thinking of one, i would buy it. Great for rainy days and the middle of the night lol
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

RC Champion
    All I can say is to be prepared. Have your idea ready to present with all blue prints, proofs, static models, or what ever you need to get taken seriously.

I look at this because a while back I wanted to go work for Traxxas. I was in mechanical engineering school and R/C was the end all for me. I didn't call traxxas and be like "are you hiring" I sent an email with a proper resume for an internship to thier HR people and got a response back. They were willing to talk to me when I was ready to take my intern. I had to leave school for a while so I never got to take a Junior internship. I do plan to return to finish fall '10 but looking at strongly at Disney for internship and work.

Yes the posibility of having Nitronaught as a someone close enough to go race with is icing on the cake for Floirda. I do think alot of that guy.

IF you have a great idea and 'sell it' to the right person at the right time you should have no problem getting taken seriously.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Racer
    Dru