Thread: 1/16 vs 1/10

RC Racer

1/16 vs 1/10

hey i really like the e-revo and i dont know whats better the 1/16 or 1/10 .
    I like the 1/10 scale because it comes in brushless but i like the 1/16 scale because of its price . What is part options like for the two? I think most people are going to sa 1/16.

RC Racer
    You can buy the 1/16 in brushless also

RC Racer
    I thought you can get brushed not brushless.....But i could do it aftermarket

RC Champion
    not true. yes proraptor you can get the 1/16 in brushless also, but there are wayyy more parts for the 1/10. there are a few companies coming out with parts for the mini now but it will take a while to get up to par with the 1/10 depends on what you want it for really. if youre going to be hardcore bashing it going offroading in rugged places a lot id go with the 1/10 if i had the money. if its just for around the house bashing and the occasional go out bash somewhere id go with the mini, and yes, especially for the price. its also cheaper to fix so think about how much youll be breaking it
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

RC Racer
    no wait you can get brushless for 70 $ more

Both are available in brushed or brushless.

The 1/10 scale version is going to be able to handle rough terrain better due to it's size. The cost is a big factor to me though. If money was no object I would have gone 1/10th bu the cost is so high and money is an object to me so I went 1/16th. I love the lil truck and for the limited size of the area I run in the most the 1/16th makes more sense for me.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    ya if i save money on the car i can have money to upgrade it!!! Compared to the 1/10 were ill have no money left

RC Competitor
    i would say if you want money to upgrade go revo vxl or slash all the way

RC Racer
    do most people upgrade their mini's???

RC Qualifier
    ^^ just the odd small things, like springs, shock oil, center diff. etc... there's not a lot of aftermarket support yet.

RC Champion
    if you were going to get the 1/10 brushless, the truck itself plus good lipos and a charger...your over $1000 easy. mini...$300 + lipos + charger = around $400 for me. $600 to spend on parts? sounds good to me lol

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, they're two totally different things, but both bashers. If I was to spend as much as the 1/10 costs I would buy something actually race worthy like an 8ight or something, Revo would definitely be last on the list if I was to blow that much money. But for cheap the 1/16 isn't a bad toy to play with, I have fun with mine.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by yamah772
    Agreed, these lil things are "Stupid Fast" out of the box. Go 1/16 Slash or Revo. You will LOVE them.

2 MERV's
    2 1/18 Mini Desert Truck & Buggy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by yamah772
    Agreed, these lil things are "Stupid Fast" out of the box. Go 1/16 Slash or Revo. You will LOVE them.

1/16 Slash
    http://ameliasportsphoto.smugmug.com...34_i5VMn-L.jpg
    1/16 Revo
    http://ameliasportsphoto.smugmug.com...22_3iX4k-L.jpg

Edited for image size. Please keep all images at or below 640 x 480 pixels. -cooleo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-19-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    2 MERV's
    2 1/18 Mini Desert Truck & Buggy

RC Qualifier
    batterys are cheaper when it comes to the minis that was my selling point.
    "You must first climb, to be at the top"

RC Racer
    ya i know i think its a matter of time before i get it now

RC Champion
    get the revo its awsomeeeeeeeee

RC RUNS IN MY BLOOD!

R
    E
    V
    O

RC Champion
    ignore that link.

RC Enthusiast
    I don't have the 1/10, but if I had to do it again, I might go with a 1/10. Maybe it's the lack of aftermarket accessories and/or battery options, where as with the 1/10, pretty much any battery would work. If you have neither, i'd say you'd be very happy whatever way you went. Who knows, if I got the stampede, I might hate it. The reason I went with the mini is the 4WD and the hype.

RC Champion
    I have them both and you really cant go wrong with either . You need to decide what you want it too do and where you are going to run it and make your decision from there .
    At WARN 80% and climbing !

RC Racer
    well i probley will be driving on the street most of the time....zrau17 nice!!!

RC Champion
    thanks! if you want to run on the street get the pro line dirt hawg buggy rears. i have them and the grip like crazy, just make sure you set your suspension the right way or youre gonna roll over like crazy. plus i made a sway bar for mine so turn like a formula one car haha

RC Qualifier
    I have both also, and imo its apples and oranges. If your only doing the street then the mini will probably be fine, but if you ever decide to hit the grass, rocks, constructions sites, etc, then the 1/10 really shines. The other day was at a site that had 75 foot rock hills and the erbe was eating up the terrain like it was nothing, the mini just couldnt fair as well in such terrain. Imagine the the mini as a really fast mouse, and the erbe as a ferocious tiger hunting its prey.

There really is a huge difference driving a 9lb truck and a 3lb truck.

RC Racer
    Some guys on here have put 4 inch tires on their mini revos and have said it really helps for off roading. That would help out a lot. But i run my mini all over off road and the only placce i couldnt run it was camping over weekend where the grass was really tall.

RC Enthusiast
    i found out at the track this week end that the 1/10 takes their ramps bettert because it seems most local tracks are set to that scale. The ramps are set for big air. My two 1/16 will out run the 1/10 cars on the straight aways and small ramps.
    That is the only difference I see.

RC Qualifier
    were any of the 1/10's the brushless revo's. the moster mamba on 6s and the right gearing will blow away a mini. Of course this mini could get some speed with the right gearing but you can only make a couple runs before its too hot.

Remeber, Im simply stating my opinion, and I have both. If you can afford it and this is your first RC, then the ERBE is the best all around choice. I really think the mini should just be a second vehicle, just to mess aournd with. You really should consider the 1/10th as your main R/C

RC Racer
    I use to have 1/10 and now only have the 1/16 and its alright for a main vehicle. Its nice thats its got cheaper parts, easier to transport, and can be driven in smaller spaces. The 1/16 is a great little truck that can tackle many obstackles.

RC Champion
    get it get it get it get it get it get it

edit: the revo that is
    RC RUNS IN MY BLOOD!

R
    E
    V
    O

RC Racer
    I would love to have an E-Slayer as my 3rd model. I have a Slash that I race in the Spec class and a Mini-Slash that I have modified to a Back Slack or 1/12th scale buggy with a wing and everything. I looks like a mini 8th scale!!! I am not a fan of Monster Trucks so the Slash is for me and the E-Slayer would be it. The cost is 4 times that of a Mini. I race on a 40'x60' Carpet track so the Mini is perfect.

RC Qualifier
    I've been wanting to see pics of your slash that you say you converted to a buggy. I want to do the same to my Revo, didn't you use a Vendetta body?
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    thanks for the help guys the 1 10 is out of my price range so i ordered a 1 16 so it should be here thursday
    if your not first your last

RC Qualifier
    Good choice you got... the battery are way cheaper on the 1/16 vs the 1/10..
    Rustler VXL (untouched)

RC Qualifier
    My opinion.. you want something to go fast and be crazy with? Mini Revo, and then use the money you saved from not getting the 1/10 Revo and get a 1/10 Slash and upgrade it to brushless..

IMO, best of both worlds. One for stupid fast speeds and stupidly great fun, and the 1/10 for eating up the rough terrain and still have some stupidly great fun, and not worry about getting hung up.
    E-Maxx 3905 and 3906. :D

RC Racer
    any suggestions for lipos sacks or bags

RC Qualifier
    Don't bother with it.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    ya well im 13 and my parents dont know anything about rc so they wont know but i get nevous lol