RC Qualifier

The USPS fails...yet again

So im sitting at home on lunch break. and the mail jeep comes by. im waiting on my batteries, they are the only thing i needed to get my revo running....i was hoping against hope they would be delivered, so i waited til she drove down the road, and went to check the mailbox. she left a slip that said she tried to deliver and no one was home and that i have to go pick up the item tomorrow.....what a failure, ive reported her for this more than once. and it seems like they all do it so no one gets in trouble. jeez, who knew one of the job requirements would be to get your fat butt out of your vehicle and walk like 15feet to a door and ring the bell.....

RC Champion
    If you seen her, why did'nt you get up and go out to catch her ?
    (√) Zer0 tall-er-ance 4 stu-pid-it-deeeeee.

yea i would of chased her down. When i ordered my batts, customs got ahold of them and charged me out the ying yang. postman came to the door and couldnt give me the batts till i dished out €100.00 i of course did not have them money on me, so i jumped in the car, ripped to the nearest atm, and went on a postman hunt I caught up to him not too far down the road and got my batts and ran my truck that day

RC Qualifier
    As soon as the mail opens tommorow just call and say you will pick up your mail at lunch time, especially the package you keep missing. Problem solved with no way of goin wrong.
    I've pickd up my stuff this way before.

RC Qualifier
    yeah, idk. i wasnt gonna chase her down. i waited til she was down the road a good way before i walked to the mailbox. but, looks like im going to the post office tomorrow.....

RC Champion
    I think I would meet her at the mailbox the next day and have a little chat

Quote Originally Posted by cyber_06_wolf
    yeah, idk. i wasnt gonna chase her down. i waited til she was down the road a good way before i walked to the mailbox. but, looks like im going to the post office tomorrow.....
    Sounds like a cyber wolf fail. I would have met her at the curb ESPECIALLY if I had problems with the carrier in the past. This is a thread FAIL as well.

Quote Originally Posted by candy76man
    I think I would meet her at the mailbox the next day and have a little chat
    People like this is why all the good mail carriers are retiring early.

RC Qualifier
    lol. idk, if i was a mail carrier and someone started chasing me or something id take off. thats why i decided not to. what would you think if some guy just started running up to your car?

RC Qualifier
    At least the package is not damaged and take 2 weeks to get to you like ups. I find the usps priority mail is alot cheaper and faster than ups ground anyday especially with their flat rate boxes.

RC poster
    i've watched the mailman do the same thing...it's ridiculous! what's worse is missing UPS, you can't pick up at the facility same day, you have to wait till the next day, and of course you have to tell them that you want to pick it up otherwise they'll try to deliver again and you still won't be able to pick it up. that's why i love fed-ex, if you miss it, you can just drive on up to their facility and pick it up no problem, no appointment necessary and you still get your package on the day it was supposed to be delivered.

RC Racer
    thats happened to me...if you go right before the post office closes you might be able to get your package today.
    lol...I am at 20%

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy

People like this is why all the good mail carriers are retiring early.
    UM, if the lady wasn't doing her job then maybe she needs to retire early..... one thing I can't stand is people who do their job halfway when they think no ones looking.

Quote Originally Posted by candy76man
    UM, if the lady wasn't doing her job then maybe she needs to retire early..... one thing I can't stand is people who do their job halfway when they think no ones looking.
    I would do my job halfway to if I had to put up with people chasing me down like children. Why not calmly catch up and not act like a pycho. Its called "real world interaction". Try it sometime, you realize there are people out there who you have to interact with like a human being. You cant rag on the USPS based on one mail carrier.

wouldn't have to worry about people trying to catch up to you if you did your job properly in the first place. Who said anything about chasing someone down like children? or acting like a psycho? if someone does their job half arsed and it puts me out in some way, heck yes i'll say something about it. as for my situation i had told the postman i'd get the money and catch up with him. he just couldnt wait around cause he had his route to do. but at least he came to my door to deliver my package not just leave a note without checking.

RC Champion
    I would do my job halfway to if I had to put up with people chasing me down like children. Why not calmly catch up and not act like a pycho. Its called "real world interaction". Try it sometime, you realize there are people out there who you have to interact with like a human being. You cant rag on the USPS based on one mail carrier.

Judging by your comments on this thread, YOU need some real world interaction
    1717/XL2 EREVO

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So many things to say, so little time, and so few points remaining...

[1a] The mail carrier obviously didn't do their job by not taking the package to the door like they are supposed to do, and just leaving a "Sorry we missed you" card in the mailbox. This is a lazy federal worker who knows they are in no danger of losing their job, no matter how poorly they perform it.

[1b] You are also to blame since all you did was sit there and watch the mail carrier put the card in the mailbox and then drive away. As soon as you saw the mail carrier, you should have started walking to the mailbox to pick up any mail/packages you may have received, especially since what happened to you has happened to you before. Plus, if you really were excited and hoping your batteries came, you should have been walking to the mailbox anyway. And, it's just courteous of you to walk out to the mailbox and pick up your mail instead of making the carrier get out of the truck, especially if you are already outside and you know they are coming to your house.

[2] On the card it says when and where you can pick up the package. In most states, it is after 4:30 the day after the delivery attempt was made. If the item is not picked up within 2 business days, they will try to re-deliver it. After three deliver attempts, the item will be sent back to the original sender.

[3] Wow, the way some people think just amazes me!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixbone
    i've watched the mailman do the same thing...it's ridiculous! what's worse is missing UPS, you can't pick up at the facility same day, you have to wait till the next day, and of course you have to tell them that you want to pick it up otherwise they'll try to deliver again and you still won't be able to pick it up. that's why i love fed-ex, if you miss it, you can just drive on up to their facility and pick it up no problem, no appointment necessary and you still get your package on the day it was supposed to be delivered.
    I've discovered away to avoid the UPS not home slip, signature needed. Whenever I buy something, I always ask for UPS shipping. Then I track the package and on the day before it's scheduled for delivery, I print out the tracking info and write on it, "Please leave at front door. I, YOUR NAME authorize drop off. Make sure you sign it. It always works and I avoid the extra day of waiting. Good Luck!
    FangsCPO
    "How fast was I going Officer?" Wow?

RC Qualifier
    Don't feel bad cyber_06_wolf at least you know your package is in town. I'm still waiting on a ERBE that was shipped out usps on the 11th and the tracking info hasn't changed since the package was "accepted" who knows when it will show up
    E-Revo/ERBE/MM powered TC4

RC Qualifier
    well....first off. the latest tracking said it was in te big distribution center an hour away. so i didnt know it was coming. second, i HEARD the mail jeep, didnt see it, nor did i watch her put anything in the mailbox. after she was gone and i was done eating at the time, she would probably have been leaving the neighborhood. then i walked down to the mailbox and found the slip.....but like you said, she knows she wont get in trouble....so why would she care

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber_06_wolf
    i was hoping against hope they would be delivered, so i waited til she drove down the road, and went to check the mailbox.
    I took this as you saw her, and you waited for her to drive down the road. Otherwise, how did you know she was on your road, and how did you know she had driven off?
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Champion
    I said I'de have a chat with her If your definition of "having a chat" is chasing someone down the road waving my gun and threatening their life if they don't shape up then I apologize for the misunderstanding. Needless to say, that's not quite what I had in mind but I'm used to having a lot of things inferred on my simple straight forward statements that means exactly what I said and nothing more,...I'm married
    Last edited by candy76man; 08-19-2009 at 10:47 PM.

RC Qualifier
    lol, revo, its a mid 90's ragged out jeep grand cherokee. you can hear it from the top of the neighborhood, then it fades away. thats how i knew it came and went

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    How much are usps delivery people paid? They should be paid like I was when I was a newspaper boy. Anything over two complaints a month and boom i was docked 7 dollars. I was only making around 55 dollars a month to begin with.
    Broken parts=New better parts