Thread: Pinion woes

RC Qualifier

Pinion woes

So, some of you might've read about the pinion I bought not fitting cuz it was too long. So I ordered another one, it came in. and the amazingly awesome guy shipped me a standard bore pinion for a brushed revo, even though the auciton was for a RRP 5mm bore pinion. So i contacted him and he said he would exchange it or w.e. but im still waiting on it. I've had my e-revo since july and havent been able to run it yet....my LHS doesnt carry anything except a 13T pinion, go figure. but hopefully itll be here tomorrow, I feel like a stalker or something being on these forums and never actually running my own revo
    Last edited by cyber_06_wolf; 08-30-2009 at 10:33 PM.

RC Competitor
    Some one else who has an erevo and cant run it, im waiting on my charger. but in terms of your pinion, why dont you just drill it out to 5mm?
    An old friend.

RC Qualifier
    i dont have a drill press. yeah, i got it and had to wait on batteries and a charger and all, got all that soldered up and working after a while. and took my revo outside, and i got to touch the throttle and it moved before the pinion came loose. i jus tnever thought id end up waiting 2+ weeks to run any rc for something like a pinion

RC Competitor
    no drill, no neighbour, no relative?
    An old friend.

RC Qualifier
    lol, i could probably rig it up...but it was a stock traxxas pinion, the kind that has the "excess" removed so the bore is like a sleeve. it wouldve been very thin if i drilled it out.

RC poster
    why buy something as simple as a pinion from an auction? buy it from towerhobbies and be done with it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    RC-Monster makes the best pinions IMO, with RRP being second best, so buy directly from RCM or Tower.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber_06_wolf
    So, some of you might've read about the pinion I bought not fitting cuz it was too long. So I ordered another one, it came in. and the amazingly awesome guy shipped me a standard bore pinion for a brushed revo, even though the auciton was for a RRP 5mm bore pinion. So i contacted him and he said he would exchange it or w.e. but im still waiting on it. I've had my e-revo since july and havent been able to run it yet....my LHS doesnt carry anything except a 13T pinion, go figure. but hopefully itll be here tomorrow, I feel like a stalker or something being on these forums and never actually running my own revo
    I suppose if you were getting really desperate, you could try the 13t and compensate for the small pinion with a small spur gear.

Sorry it's been so difficult to run the truck, I hate waiting for parts
    MMM E-Revo
    "Holy crap look at it go!"

RC Qualifier
    Let me know what size you need, I might have a extra RRP pinion for you, very cheap, $5.00 shipped.
    OH WELL, YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A TEKIN RX8...