RC Racer

Pros/Cons of bigger wheels and tires

As the subject says....

RC poster
    Looking for the same info. as I'd like a bigger off-road option, but wondering what the experiences are with handling etc. on bigger wheels/tires.
    New Mini E-Revo Owner

RC Qualifier
    Cons: Heavier load on bearings, pivots, servo, gear, drive shafts joints, tranny, differantials, suspension links, thus, they wear out at a much faster rate, $$$$$$$
    Heavier rotating mass, slower acceleration, lower top speed
    (geared down accordingly), slightly lower run time, hotter motor
    Higher central gravity, therefore your truck flips more, unintentionally.
    Pros: everything else
    5805,17/58,REM,VXL,1/8

RC Qualifier
    More strain on everything, strain on the motor, the drivetrain, the bearings, the axles and then you have to re-gear to compensate so you don't burn up the esc and/or the motor. It's not worth it, just go get a 1/10 scale e-revo if you want to run large tires. if they are within a 1/2" of the stock tires, I would say you will be fine, but you go larger then that, you better get your wallet out.
    OH WELL, YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A TEKIN RX8...

RC Champion
    Bigger is the only way to go. I gave away my stock tires since they were such a dissapointment. If you are smart about gearing etc. You will have no more problems than with the stockers. If you put bigger tires, don't regear, run 3s, do standing backflips, etc. Then you will have problems. The red truck is running ALL stock electronics, while the bug has the sidewinder 1/10th esc, and hitec servo.

HARDCORR RACING

RC Racer
    As a racer big tires on these things don't float my boat. But if I bashed I'd prolly get some.
    typing 1st amendment gets you 60% helping ppl 0%

RC Champion
    2.2 Buggy wheels and tires are just as light as the stockers , maybe lighter ? they are a little bit larger diameter so the final drive ratio will change and the center of gravity will be raised a little , but you can mount better tires and have a lot more traction on the track . I dont think it puts any more strain on the suspension or drive train than the stock wheels do .

Now 2.2 truck wheels like round has can do some damage if you do not re gear the tranny to compensate for the size and weight of the wheels .
    At WARN 80% and climbing !