RC Racer

Ebay Buying...Sniping

Hey all

I know that ebay buying is big on these forums, as such i am looking for a little advice. Do any of you all use the sniping programs to try to boost your odds of winning a auction? Or is it simply better to enter a max bid into ebay and hope to win that way? If you use one of the sniping programs what do you use(preferably free)?

thanks alot in advance guys
    2.5 TMaxx
    Losi Mini Baja

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I hate that program. I just bid, if I dont win, I will bid on another item.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pcb
    Hey all

I know that ebay buying is big on these forums, as such i am looking for a little advice. Do any of you all use the sniping programs to try to boost your odds of winning a auction? Or is it simply better to enter a max bid into ebay and hope to win that way? If you use one of the sniping programs what do you use(preferably free)?

thanks alot in advance guys

If I want something bad enough,I just wait til there's less than a minute left and submit my max bid.Usually works.I've probably only lost out on 3 or 4 auctions that way.

I am pretty patient in buying items. I will make a spreadsheet of the item(s), the dates they sell along with the winning bid when they do sell. I'll also take note of which days typically are lighter and cheaper and then go at it knowing about what amount to pay for it. Then I go by harry697's model. It's not that I have a lot of time on my hands, just not much money and want my dollar to go as far as possible.

RC Qualifier
    You see this is my type of thread. I wait till the last 20 seconds to bid. I will wait for an hour watching the computer screen until the very end. I love buying on ebay I have lost like 20 items and won 10. I have spent like $80 bucks on there!
    R.I.P Paul Gray
    1972-2010

RC Competitor
    http://www.ezsniper.com/ is the one I use. They give you some freebies in the beginning and if you refer someone they also give you some free snipes. If you put some money into your sniping account it will last a long time so it is cheap too.

I personally would just bid manually at the very last second but if I'm going to be busy and away from the computer I will set up the sniper. It is also nice if the auction ends at an odd hour where I would be sleeping or something.

Why snipe? Bidding at the last second gives other bidders less of a chance of raising your allowed bid or out bidding you. It's 100% legal and I have found it to be an effective way to get things for less instead of starting bidding wars.

RC Champion
    I wait till the last seconds and snatch it away from the competition
    if you place your max bid from the start,and 2-3 more people do the same ..that makes the item go up in price just that much more

wait till the end you or your competition will get it cheap!!!!!