RC Champion

tire/wheel opinions??

i've only had my erbe for about a month now, and man is this thing rough on tires. Had the hpi phaltline's on my revo 3.3 for a short while and put them on the new erbe and they are almost bald now and just spin on hard acceleration. Installed my set of 40 series road rage tires with 14mm hex wheels and they hooked up awesome, but after a short while both rear hexes stripped out. Glued the hexes with gorilla glue and one of the hexes still broke loose. I mostly run on street in front of the house, and i love the pro line road rage tires, what would be the best set up for these tires and a wheel that will hold up. The stock talons work ok, but they will probably go bald pretty quick runnin nothin but street
    need4spd

RC Champion
    If you like those tires the stick with them. Try a 17mm wheel with them or go with 23mm hexes and wheels.

RC Champion
    love the tires, would like to find a wheel with the same hex as the wheels that come with the erbe (not sure what the star hex is called it comes with) to mount the road rage tires on
    need4spd

RC Champion
    The ERBE comes with 17mm hexes those are VERY comin wheels

RC Racer
    I run Road Rage Tires on Axial MT wheels and love them (17mm Hex). Here's the link to a couple of pics.
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...es+for+my+ERBE
    ERevo Brushless Edition
    Lipo 4s 6500mah

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Any 17mm hex wheel will fit the stock Traxxas 17mm hexes. Also, the only reason wheel hexes strip is because of a loose nut, so crank down on those bad-boys!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoš
    Any 17mm hex wheel will fit the stock Traxxas 17mm hexes. Also, the only reason wheel hexes strip is because of a loose nut, so crank down on those bad-boys!
    +1 on that. Tighten them down until you thing they are too tight. Also a bit of blue loctite will help.
    E-Revo + CC MMM + MaxAmps - Skilled at breaking it

RC Champion
    my lhs has a few sets of 40 series road rage tires in stock and some white wabash w 17mm wheels. Would this combo work good, don't really care about nice looking wheels anymore bc they always get all torn and scratched up anyway. Might go pick these up today
    need4spd