RC Racer

Cool I got a Revo VXL and now i know i'll never grow up!!!

Can't believe it's been seven years since i've been on this forum. Every few years i come back to RC and it's like i'm 12 all over again (i'm 30 now). I used to have an E-Maxx but gave up on it since it felt like i was driving something made of glass, something broke every two or three runs.

Anyway, i saw the mini Revo advertised promising 50mph and knew i had to have one. I've been bashing the heck out of it for a week; jumping piles of rubble (often flying into it), street bashing, plenty of crashing and not one thing has broken on me. I've given this thing more they i would have dared in the original E-Maxx days. It's got plenty of scrapes and could do with with a new shell but i can live with that.

I spent a lot of time looking for some tyres to use when i'm on the road and just happened upon the fact that my old Tamiya 306 Maxi uses 12mm Hex's, they are a little deeper but i shimmed it out with a washer in each wheel. I even dug out my Tamiya Drift wheels (FF02 chassis, M03 uses the same hexes i think but don't know about other Tamiyas)

Just waiting for the series connector to turn up now, lets see if i can break it that way! No doubt i'll be back for advice when i do

Jas

RC Qualifier
    I'm 38 going on 13

I love these little Toys. I have 1/10th and 1/16th surface (Nitro and Electric) a Couple of Boats (Again, Nitro and Electric) and Even a small Heli (E-Flite CX2)

Just remember, you're only as old as you act.
    Could be why I keep getting told to grow up
    ~ Alli

RC Qualifier
    HEY, I am 33 with a 2 year old, and own my own business, and have 2 minis and a 3.3. I am also looking to buy a heli. I dont wanna grow up, I want to be rc car KID...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by KoJack021
    I dont wanna grow up, I want to be rc car KID...
    First thing that went through my head after reading the thread title! Also i got called a kid at work today cuz I was rippin up the parking lot with the mrev today but i got a while before i catch up with you guys only 22 hear but i'm planning on living "Peter Pan Style".

Once you find that series connecter your luck may go down the toilet. I've only broken stuff with NiMH in series sofar, 4 front a-arms, 1 rocker, 1 rear bulkhead and a chassis.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Enthusiast
    I'm 24 but I'm sure I'll be RCing in my 30s

I'm 23 and I have been rc'ing since I was 17. I love the freedom feeling I get running one of my rcs around. Only problem is I am almost always out alone cuz nobody else I know can justify the $$ to get into the hobby. I was out of it for a couple years due to money problems but dove back in last december. Got $3500 at least in my rcs so far. AT LEAST. It just puts that stupid happy grin on my face to hit a jump just right or flow through a corner perfect or ride a wheely just right. I love working on them as well. This topic should be renewed in the traxxas alley almost. Might get a ton of replies. I have an addiction and I can admit it. Although I can't seem to get my 42yr ol gf (2.5 yrs together) interested she does support my happiness in the hobby. Ya ya shes a cougar but shes a hottie and I pursued her
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Qualifier
    I'm 22 and just finally was able to afford to get into the hobby.. so I'll be at it for years.

And in series, you will break more things.. I made the jump to Li-Po, and now I need a new front control arm.

It was mostly due to lots of dust on cement + high speed trying to turn, slammed into a pole. Even put a dent in my TRX aluminum pushrods. O_o Good thing it wasn't plastic, it would have snapped.
    E-Maxx 3905 and 3906. :D

RC Qualifier
    I'm 34 & can't get enough of the hobby either. I just bought a CX2 & have opened up a whole new world of insanity!

Congrats on the 1/16 Revo. The sucker is insane!
    T-Maxx 3.3 | Losi Mini DT | Blade CX2

RC Qualifier
    hehe.. I remember building my first rc, a Tamaya grasshopper when I was like 19 I think.. I am 40 now and still enjoying the hobby. the MERV has surpassed the RC18R as my fav RC car..

RC Enthusiast
    What to say
    I'm 36, but - well most of the stuff written earlier applies Haven't been doing RC Cars for a long (in fact very short time), but enjoying it with my 4 year old daughter

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by peelin_out
    hehe.. I remember building my first rc, a Tamaya grasshopper when I was like 19 I think.. I am 40 now and still enjoying the hobby. the MERV has surpassed the RC18R as my fav RC car..
    I know what you mean, out of all my cars the R was my favorite but now its the revo.....yeah baby!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Competitor
    Hi guys, I'm 34 and I got my 1st RC just over 2 yrs ago. Loved it for a lot longer though (mate had a TRX T-Maxx 2.5), just couldn't afford it! I Love my Mini-E, great fun.
    Got 2 girls, 4 & 5. They're my lil' marshals, so long as it ain't in the road they put my truck back on all 4's if I flip it. Think they may get into it at some point, my eldest loves my Mini-T.
    Always being told to grow up!! My answer "boys don't grow out of their toys, the toys just get more expensive"
    1/10 E-Revo
    1/16 E-Revo VXL
    1/18 MMB
    DX3S

RC Racer

Mine mine mine mine. Been good reading all your replies
    Last edited by jas; 09-21-2009 at 02:56 PM.

RC Racer
    Well I am close to 40. I have been into RC's since I was a kid, my parents used to buy me the Radio Shack ones for my birthdays. I got my first real RC in 1991, it was a Tamiya Falcon (1985) and I still have it. I have about 15 different RC's right now and the ones that I run the most are the Mini Slash, Mini Revo, ERBE and Flux... I also have 6 kids (ages 16, 14, 12, 11, 8 and 3), my 8yr old son and I go bashing every Sunday. It is funny how much fun you can have bashing your RC's and how much it releaves the stress of everyday life. I think my 16yr old son thinks I act to much like a kid with my RC's.
    Old School E-Maxx