RC Racer

can anybody help me out?

Hey guys, well right now im working on a Slash to Rally car project...using spare parts and what I have laying around. Right now I pretty much have a roller built...but im working on the suspension to lower the Ground Clearence. (GC) (I have shortened old pede shocks that I rebuilt and put fuel line on the shafts to limit how long they are) The front end is done...but the rear shocks seem just too big for a rally car. Can anybody give suggestions for a shock to run in the back...im hoping for like a traxxas part so buying it isnt soo expensive (i will put pics up for a build when im done with the suspension)

would running a front shock in the back work? since they are shorter?
    Slash VXL
    Epic Beads w/switches

RC Qualifier
    Take your fronts off and swap them to the back and see how it looks. Seems like a pretty sound plan, wont cost much either.

RC Racer
    thats what I am thinkin bout doing because the front right now after I put it up next t to my slash is about 1 1/2" to 2" shorter with wheels and tires on so front is perfect for "car status"
    Slash VXL
    Epic Beads w/switches

RC Qualifier
    That sounds about right or replace the shock shafts in the rear with shorter front shock shafts that way you get to keep the rear shock bodies and get the truck lower for just a few bucks
    Paddle Tires Make Everything Better

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by picco21
    That sounds about right or replace the shock shafts in the rear with shorter front shock shafts that way you get to keep the rear shock bodies and get the truck lower for just a few bucks
    This would be the same result as putting shock limiters on the rear shocks though, which he already tried. I think the issue he is having is that once he limits the rear shocks down to the height he wants he has almost no suspension travel because the rear shock bodies are so long.

Putting front shocks in the rear would give him shorter bodies and shorter shafts. That alone would get him lower. Then he could put limiters on them and get a little lower still and maybe still have some usable travel still left.

RC Competitor
    been thinking about making a rally car my self. What body do you plan on using?
    When you lose radio control at top speed, RUN!

RC Racer
    yes my over all idea is to not make some "rinky-dink" rally car that cannot handle any dirt what-so-ever. I want to make a contender of both street and dirt oboviously 4wd is perfect for drifting but im only workin suspension out right now ill figure that massive conundrum out afterwords.

and yes simple green that is the problem. I am wanting a good suspension What if I used 1/16th rear shocks? In theroy normally rear shocks are larger than fronts so if I used a 1/16th rear would I get a sweet suspension?

HackNSlash:
    I plan on using HPI's 300 mm bodies...I am a fan of making things original and my own so im going to use the 350z body and make it a rally car drifter type thing..I plan on doing a metallic purple metallic black and pearl white paint scheme with some monster and nismo logos (thats last though)
    Last edited by dentonaz; 09-21-2009 at 02:23 AM.
    Slash VXL
    Epic Beads w/switches