Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    If by "taken an e-revo and put a slash body on it", you mean:

Bought the E-revo body, battery trays, vents, clips, longer driveshafts, 8 new A-arms, 4 new axle shafts, new wheels, all new toe and pushrods, a sc10 body because the slash bodies dont fit, front and rear bumpers, single motor mount, new transmission, a MMM 2200kv combo, new lipos, a reciver box and nice steering servo..

Then i took my older electric-revo conversion and moved the remaining parts to the new chassis, assembled it all, painted the body, installed the new motor....

Then yes, I guess you can say i just took an e-revo and put a slash body on it..

If you have any other ideas of how to get a 4x4 slash that doesn't involve months of CAD design and plastic injection molding to manufacture an entirely new transmission in order to get an output shaft that can connect to the front of the car, then designing a new front bulkhead and driveshaft for the front wheels to get power, then by all means post some pics

Until then, I did the same thing traxxas did with thier 1:16 slash, only made it bigger.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TRXSlash
    So you've taken an e-revo and put a slash body on it and called it a 4x4 slash???
    its an e-revo with the following slayer/sc parts installed:
    arms, halfshafts, toe/steering links, pushrods, probably shock springs, wheels, tires, bumpers and body

i looked into buying all the parts to convert my e-revo into an e-slayer and it was actually quite expensive, like over $130 on amainhobbies if i remember correctly, not to mention a few hours of work to convert it (luckily all the parts will fit with no modification, with exception of the body)
    MMM E-Revo
    VXL Slash 4x4
    VXL Slash 2wd

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by brett_dirtbike
    its an e-revo with the following slayer/sc parts installed:
    arms, halfshafts, toe/steering links, pushrods, probably shock springs, wheels, tires, bumpers and body

i looked into buying all the parts to convert my e-revo into an e-slayer and it was actually quite expensive, like over $130 on amainhobbies if i remember correctly, not to mention a few hours of work to convert it (luckily all the parts will fit with no modification, with exception of the body)
    I almost got all the stuff I needed to turn my E-Slayer back to an E-Revo for $40...but I didn't...lol I still plan on doing it though...I think it'd be neat...didn't pay that much for the roller to begin with...$200 i think...and $250 for MMM system was actually cheaper then buying an ERBE and hanging the arms and such...

get used stuff if you don't want to pay too much..usually it goes cheap..or you can find it all on eBay...
    Fluttershy is best pony.

RC Qualifier
    What kind of body is that?
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx225
    What kind of body is that?
    team associated sc8 body
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    dont buy one and try to put it on your slash, it will be too big

RC Champion
    if you like the SC8 body on that..the SC10 body fits perfect on the Slash 2wd
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Telnets
    ...If you have any other ideas of how to get a 4x4 slash that doesn't involve months of CAD design and plastic injection molding to manufacture an entirely new transmission in order to get an output shaft that can connect to the front of the car, then designing a new front bulkhead and driveshaft for the front wheels to get power, then by all means post some pics ...
    Funny you should ask, Traxxas 4x4 - and they didn't just slap a short course body on an e-revo!

RC Champion
    To the OP:

What suspension setup are you running?

What wheels are those, front or rear (because of different offsets)

What position are your body posts in?
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    Thats great TRXSlash, but i been running mine all summer, how long have you run your 4x4 slash.. oh thats right.. :P you dont have one yet...

Brushless Moose:
    Cant remember exactly.. 2.0 front, 2.3 in the rear i think.. (double purple, double black sounds about right.. i havent looked in a while)

The wheels are just Stock Slayer wheels. Slayer wheels dont have any offset.. well they do but they are the same for the front and back, so theres just 1 wheel/part number for both.. There are Proline Switch tires glued to the wheels.

Body post positions? Thats really something to judge based on your car/suspension setup.. mine are on the 3rd hole from the top i think.. and that JUST clears the wheels while they are pushed all the way upwards.. 2 holes from the top and i rub just a bit.

but if your suspension is stiffer/softer then you can adjust the body depending on your ride height..

RC Qualifier
    I like it. You wanted a 4WD Slash and came up with your own. And it looks good. Meanwhile I have to wait to get one!
    -Bob-

RC Champion
    so you are running slayer springs, not revo, right? I wonder if green revo springs would work ok?
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    Dodge, It was a fun project, especially since it actually started as a Nitro Revo, and went brushless, then went to the different chassis.. Even with the new 4x4 slash out, which im planning to pick up when its out in Dec, mine will have its place on the track alongside the nitros (because we dont have a modified electric class so i will have to race the nitro MT class).. And with its 1:8 scale 2200kv Mamba, it will leave any 4x4 VXL slash in the dust.

Towards the end of the season I was able to place between 3rd and 7th out of 15 in most heats, and thats mainly due to my crappy driving skills still and getting used to the truck.. I wouldnt be able to do that with the vxl.

I hope the 4x4 slashes take off around my city better then the slash's did.. id really like to get a dedicated race for that class.. it would be a lot of fun.

Brushless Moose: Im not sure what comes on the slayer and what comes on the revo.. I never owned either out of the box, this project was built from a shoebox of parts i was sold, and sitting for 2 days with the exploded views at a camp site in the early summer trying to figure out how it all went together :P

I was given blue springs with the parts box.. but they seemed to stuff.. i think they are like a 4 or 6 rate.. i never looked them up really but they are quite stiffer then what im using. My local hoby store said to try a set of black and tan which i did. they are much softer then what i had and seem to work out well for right now

I havent had these ones on too long so i havent been able to get a good feeling if they are exactly what the truck needs yet, but they seem ok so far.. i was running 60wt oil in the shocks, and i think it was too heavy, so i refilled them with 45wt.. but havent been able to run the truck.. I only have the 2 hole piston head in the shocks right now, and the truck doesnt seem to spring back to its original position after i push on it.. its close but not all the way.. so i may still need to change to 20 ot 30tw oil... or possibly 4 hole piston heads.. or maybe 3.0 and 3.2 rate springs im really not sure yet.. we dont have an indoor track for me to run the truck in, so im just waiting for a nice enough day to take it to the parking lot
    Last edited by Telnets; 10-11-2009 at 10:39 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Telnets, what pinion and spur are you running?

RC Racer
    that looks stinking amazing!!!
    "If its worth doing its worth over doing".

Looks pretty nice!!! Good work!!! I also have and E-Slayer with a clear SC8 body so far, I haven't decided on the color yet...

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12