Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

the project I started

might as well post the project I started.

I'm about a 1/3 of the way done. I have a bunch of other bling stuff that I ordered that probably wont get to me for another week to 2 weeks. Waiting for the MM Pro and Neu 1115 as well. CF extended chassis is being designed and probably wont be done for a few more weeks. Another set of custom foams being made on an even wider wheel with deeper offset. Strictly onroad basher/speed runs. I have another MERV project which will be my strictly bashing machine in about a month or so or after I'm done with this one. I'll continue to add to this thread until I get banned but in any case I'll be posting it on BYT, RCM, and RCT as well.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-27-2009 at 08:03 PM.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Looks killer!

And where is the 1112 going at if you are getting a 1115?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-27-2009 at 08:03 PM.
    1/16 revo- NEU 1112, ******* esc

RC Qualifier
    That is a pretty darn sick MERV!
    Got Li-Po?

RC Racer
    That is so wicked. Maybe they should start an area to put modified Traxxas vehicles in. I personally like to see what some of you guys and gals are doing.

RC Racer
    that is one BEAUTIFULLLLL MERV.
    heck of a job
    As fast as U can, & then a bit faster!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys! I have some type of disorder where I cant leave anything stock so here I am. I know I'm gonna get a bunch of "aluminum is extra weight or aluminum is going to bend." Weight is my least problem since my motor and ESC can handle it. Bent aluminum... Only thing I can see bending is the pushrods/turnbuckles and if that happens I have another project for that Edd that 1112 is going to the other MERV build I have for next month otherwise I'd sell it to ya!
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    I have the opposite disorder, I love to push my stock setup to the max. I am trying to do what I can with the stock setup, unless you count Traxxas CVD's as a major upgrade

Really like the black and silver look. I thought about doing that if I ever got the aluminum links and push rods. For now I settled for dying my red links and push rods black. The truck looks awesome.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    nice job it looks really good so far

RC Qualifier
    Just plain sick.........
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Enthusiast
    that is an also revo. you said that there is a carbon chassis in the works? are you custom building it or is this a future chassis from a manufacture? and can you tell me where you got the foam tires?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think that the toyz.com brought out the foam tires?
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Qualifier
    CF chassis will be custom... having some issues with the design right now so it'll be a few weeks or so. Tires are custom made by Gone_Banana on RC Tech. Great guy. Contact him if you need foams done.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Racer
    Pretty sweet. Let us know how the STRC motor mounts work out

RC Qualifier
    I dont think I'm going to run it until I get the rest of the parts the end of this week. The mount itself looks lit'll do a good job cooling as the fins are a little longer than the stock cooling fins. The mounting plate looks nice and is a hair thicker than the stock one. I know the stock plate would flex under hard acceleration with my Neu 1112, hopefully this would fix that issue.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

Looks sick!!! Nice job!!! I'm kind like you...
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by proraptor
    Pretty sweet. Let us know how the STRC motor mounts work out
    I have the STRC motor mount and plate installed on my stock motor(still waiting on my Neu 1110 2D to arrive, it's been almost 4 weeks) and can't really notice an improvement over stock in terms of more cooling. I do have the Duratrax heatsink also. The stock motor is a good testing mule for these items since it runs so hot to begin with. But it is a little stiffer but you can still move the motor a bit by hand. it's ok though cuz it looks alot better than stock and it's cheap.

LiqrSicc: What brand hub carriers, turnbuckles, and pushrods are installed? Can't be HR. Are these prototype from STRC ? Looking forward to your updates.
    Last edited by hoovdog; 10-01-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDOOD
    LiqrSicc: What brand hub carriers, turnbuckles, and pushrods are installed? Can't be HR. Are these prototype from STRC ? Looking forward to your updates.
    I guess he deanodized the red pushrods/turnbuckles from Traxxas and the hub carriers from HR.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Qualifier
    That's exactly what I did. Pushrods/turnbuckles were the traxxas ones that I deanodized. HR hubs. Everything else is STRC. Looks like my FFRC skids and the rest of my STRC is coming in on wednesday.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Champion
    I love it!!! like the black and silver look also. Why would the thread get banned? its a build...
    The biggest thing i've broken: My wallet.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman101
    Why would the thread get banned? its a build...
    It's not the thread, it's LiqrSicc. He's a law-breaking troublemaker!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Looking very sick, it was eye candy for me.
    Where in the world did you get those foams?
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Qualifier
    I thought they were new aluminum things you had made too until I saw the TRX logo on a pushrod and figured you just stripped the anno on everything else as well. Get some Mother's mag and they'll look like brand new chrome, I did that to a paintball gun body once.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Racer
    That looks awesome! Did you use oven cleaner to remove anodized finish?
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    Draino crystals work to remove it, but it's pretty nasty stuff, you have to take a few precautions before messing around with it.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Qualifier
    Foams were made by Gone_Banana from RC Tech. PM him, he makes great custom foams for just about any wheel.

I used Meguiar's Hot Wheels Chrome wheel cleaner. This is good stuff. Took literally 3 minutes to strip all the anodizing off. I also tried super strength Greased Lightning and it took almost 25 minutes to do what the Meguiars did. I sanded with 1500 grit sandpaper but the ones that I didnt sand turned out shinier. Used Mothers polish to polish everything. It's a little cumbersome trying to polish tiny parts with a Dremel but it was worth it.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LiqrSicc
    Foams were made by Gone_Banana from RC Tech. PM him, he makes great custom foams for just about any wheel.

I used Meguiar's Hot Wheels Chrome wheel cleaner. This is good stuff. Took literally 3 minutes to strip all the anodizing off. I also tried super strength Greased Lightning and it took almost 25 minutes to do what the Meguiars did. I sanded with 1500 grit sandpaper but the ones that I didnt sand turned out shinier. Used Mothers polish to polish everything. It's a little cumbersome trying to polish tiny parts with a Dremel but it was worth it.
    How exactly did you use the wheel cleaner? Let the parts soak in it?
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Blone
    How exactly did you use the wheel cleaner? Let the parts soak in it?
    Threw the parts in a bowl, poured the wheel cleaner in, watched the bubbles, and inhaled the fumes
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Scary that people would use that on their wheels...

RC Qualifier
    Beautiful, simply beautiful!

Do you know if those hr hub carriers are sold on ebay too?
    I can't find them.
    merv+lipo3s2p1500mAh20/30C=fun

RC Qualifier
    They're on The Toyz.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Qualifier
    Threw the parts in a bowl, poured the wheel cleaner in, watched the bubbles, and inhaled the fumes
    Once this step is finished do you just hit it with the mothers?
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cch1978
    Once this step is finished do you just hit it with the mothers?

Yeah rinse it wipe it down and start polishing. I sanded some of the parts but they didnt turn out as shiny as the ones I didnt sand.

More stuff coming in tomorrow. Today was just the hexes and the front shock mount.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Yeah rinse it wipe it down and start polishing. I sanded some of the parts but they didnt turn out as shiny as the ones I didnt sand.

More stuff coming in tomorrow. Today was just the hexes and the front shock mount.
    looking good there!!!!
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Racer

I know its a little late for you, but could be useful for other members. I used easy off oven cleaner to take off the anodization. I have found a really easy way to polish the turnbuckles and pushrods. I put one end of the turnbuckle or push-rod in a drill chuck, applied some polishing compound (i.e. Mothers) to a cloth, spun the pushrod in the cloth with the compound, holding the cloth with moderate pressure with the drill spinning the pushrod (be careful here). Then take a clean cloth and do the same without the compound and voila instant polish!
    Last edited by Blone; 09-30-2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Blone
    I know its a little late for you, but could be useful for other members. I used easy off oven cleaner to take off the anodization. I have found a really easy way to polish the turnbuckles and pushrods. I put one end of the turnbuckle or push-rod in a drill chuck, applied some polishing compound (i.e. Mothers) to a cloth, spun the pushrod in the cloth with the compound, holding the cloth with moderate pressure with the drill spinning the pushrod (be careful here). Then take a clean cloth and do the same without the compound and voila instant polish!
    That would work... I only have a dremel though =( I just tried some oven cleaner today too... results arent as good as the Meguiar's wheel cleaner. I think I need to invest in a drill
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    The oven cleaner and Mother's mag(not cleaner, the polish) are for two different things, the oven cleaner is apparently to strip the anno and the Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish I was referring to is to make the already stripped parts look nice and shiny.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Champion
    ive used over cleaner before on a nitro and it worked really well. i couldnt tell you what kind because it was like 3 years ago but still, i stripped like 5 things of purple right down to shiny chromee.
    what was that? what was what..oh that. thats mine.

RC Racer
    I picked up some of the Oven Cleaner as well that someone mentioned in another post.

Do yourself a favor, set a timer. =/

I accidentally left my heatsink in it for like 5 hours.
    It's kinda pitted and stained a bit now.

I just dremmel/sanded it down a bit.
    It's not shiny, but it sure has a neat texture to it now. =/
    RFick73
    -1/16th Traxxas ERevo VXL <MERV> | DX3S

RC Qualifier
    we know someone with money and time...
    Slash 1/10/VXL
    Slash 1/16/VXL/2S
    for sale.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast