Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RC Racer
    Do you have to switch the reciever and esc to fit in the MMP?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LiqrSicc View Post
    The summit tires raises it up about half an inch. I have to watch out on turns. Luckily I have those RNR wheel extensions otherwise I'd probably be rolling it over a lot. I don't like how the Traxxas 2.4ghz radio feels. I might have to take it out and use my DX3R instead. I'll give the street tires a go on 4s tomorrow and see how that goes
    Kool, let me know how it did!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier

Update

Haven't been doin much since the weather's been pretty bad here. I did do a little chassis work to the MERV though:

Gave up the Commando body to go back to the MERV setup

I swear my skidplates are tilted to one side or one side of my suspension is higher. I need to figure that out because it's irritating me.

I hacked up the chassis to get the electronics lower and to fit the Hyperion EX 45c 3s 1600mah pack in.

I ditched the shock towers and put the DP chassis brace on both front and back. Swapped out the Summit shafts for the GPM ones. So far so good. On 1 pack I get about 15-20 bash time with the packs not even getting warm. 3M Dual Lock keeps the pack in place but I need to put a velcro strap for added safety. The balance is a little off. It's about 2oz heavier on the battery side. I originally planned to have the electronics on the other side to balance everything out but I had issues with the short wires.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Nice to see you back, what kind of speeds are you getting?
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    I want, I want....I want.
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cch1978 View Post
    Nice to see you back, what kind of speeds are you getting?
    I'm still around! Keepin an eye on your thread =) I did speed runs for the first time last week. On 3s 32/45t gearing I hit 68mph... that's with the Commando body on with no weights or front spoiler! I don't want to try 4s until I figure out how to make this carbon chassis. I don't want to waste money on smaller packs just to find out I can fit larger ones later.

Quote Originally Posted by AK SNO RIDER View Post
    I want, I want....I want.
    I made the mistake of getting rid of my 1st one. I think I'm going to hand on to this one for a minute =)
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=LiqrSicc;4723831]I'm still around! Keepin an eye on your thread =) I did speed runs for the first time last week. On 3s 32/45t gearing I hit 68mph... that's with the Commando body on with no weights or front spoiler! I don't want to try 4s until I figure out how to make this carbon chassis. I don't want to waste money on smaller packs just to find out I can fit larger ones later.

68MPH, wow...when I have some time I'm going to get some speed runs in, I broke it down and rebuilt the diffs and put in new bearings, put it back on the shelf and haven't had time to fool with it since, but soon I will!!!
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    Integy is releasing a carbon fiber chassis some time soon
    http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...52&p_catid=257
    looks like longer stand-off posts and you have lower CG and larger space on the bottom deck. The carbon fiber is flat sheets bolted to aluminum so cutting out a longer or higher quality chassis looks pretty easy. I've been eyeballing those GPM driveshafts forever keep us posted on their performance

RC Champion
    looks awesome

RC Qualifier
    Yeah rinse it wipe it down and start polishing. I sanded some of the parts but they didnt turn out as shiny as the ones I didnt sand.

More stuff coming in tomorrow. Today was just the hexes and the front shock mount.
    what kind of shock mounts are those?
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC poster
    Awesome job so far, your gonna have fun!... and my son is drooling!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Meebert View Post
    looks like longer stand-off posts and you have lower CG and larger space on the bottom deck. The carbon fiber is flat sheets bolted to aluminum so cutting out a longer or higher quality chassis looks pretty easy. I've been eyeballing those GPM driveshafts forever keep us posted on their performance
    Paying that much for anything integy just scares me. And so far I haven't heard great things about it (I think someone on here had gotten one but can't remember who). Everything I have seen from them is all about looks and not about function. There seems to be very little engineering design going into anything they make. So I wouldn't expect anything different with the chassis.
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Qualifier
    68MPH, wow...when I have some time I'm going to get some speed runs in, I broke it down and rebuilt the diffs and put in new bearings, put it back on the shelf and haven't had time to fool with it since, but soon I will!!!
    I've actually been having fun on 3s so I might keep it at that. How's that 1.5y? on 3s that may be the perfect motor for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meebert View Post
    Meebert, one of my buddies was lucky enough to get one of these a few months ago and the feedback doesn't sound too great. Typical Integy.

Quote Originally Posted by E-RevoVXL View Post
    looks awesome
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by OnebadTMAXX3.3 View Post
    what kind of shock mounts are those?
    Those are from my 1st MERV back in 2009. I'm pretty sure they were the STRC mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT-VXL View Post
    Awesome job so far, your gonna have fun!... and my son is drooling!
    Thanks! I'm such a bad influence =P

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Paying that much for anything integy just scares me. And so far I haven't heard great things about it (I think someone on here had gotten one but can't remember who). Everything I have seen from them is all about looks and not about function. There seems to be very little engineering design going into anything they make. So I wouldn't expect anything different with the chassis.
    I don't mind spending money on a decent chassis but you are right, from what I've heard this chassis isn't the way to go. I've been looking into making my own CF chassis for the past year and a half but have been putting the project aside in hopes of the big names to manufacture one. If only I could get those aluminum kickups/kickdowns separately from the whole kit....
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    I got 55 all day on 3s with a 33p/45s, when I ran it on 4s it flips from the torque....I have detuned everything on the software but it is just to much. I have installed a 35p but havent had a chance to run it yet
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    I think you can squeeze more out of it! I'm lucky to have a 1500ft parking lot at work so I have a lot of room to play with and ease into top speed. I'm thinking back and I really think the lower placement of my electronics and the heavier drivetrain is what's keeping my wheels on the ground. Having Summit tires also helps as well as the 10mm increase in wheelbase from the extended rear arms. I haven't ran this body yet (fresh paint!) but I think I might be able to squeeze out more since it's more aero dynamic
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    I think you can squeeze more out of it! I'm lucky to have a 1500ft parking lot at work so I have a lot of room to play with and ease into top speed. I'm thinking back and I really think the lower placement of my electronics and the heavier drivetrain is what's keeping my wheels on the ground. Having Summit tires also helps as well as the 10mm increase in wheelbase from the extended rear arms. I haven't ran this body yet (fresh paint!) but I think I might be able to squeeze out more since it's more aero dynamic
    Oh I forgot to mention that was in 200 ft
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    Oh I forgot to mention that was in 200 ft
    Ok so I found out the radar I was using definitely isn't calibrated right. It's giving me a 68mph reading when in reality I'm only getting 56mph. Lol. Still not bad. I took the little guy out for half an hour today and had my girl hold the camera and radar. FAIL. Of the 30 minutes of footage she could have taken we ended up with five 10-second shots of 50ft lid slides, my dog barking at the MERV, and me doing absolutely nothing. I'm a little irritated but I guess I can't be mad because she "tried." Well I'm going to look for a small 4s pack for some speed runs. Maybe even around 1200mah as long as it's at least 45c.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Here's a little video from this morning:

You don't see it but my battery popped out about 15 times after every hard landing. I have the open battery compartment with only Velcro Dual Lock to secure the lipo. I'm going to have to figure out how to attach a Velcro strap instead.

I recommended the RPM carriers before but I can't say the same anymore. I had the pillowballs pop out a bunch of times. I never had that problems with my HRs so I might have to switch back or try a different one.

My JConcepts body cracked! This is my 4th one. I never had any problems with the first three and even with cliff jumps and 80mph tumbles. This one cracked in the back where the body mount goes. I'm not too happy about it.

To top it off my front GPM steel drive shaft broke right at the threaded axle. Snapped right off. I'm pretty sure its from the bigger tires in addition to the RNR wheel extenders.

Other than that it was a good time
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456