Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMajekalBum

I noticed that only the single mount hole one would rub the pavement...but it also sat much too close to the push rod. So decided to scrap that idea.
    Also with a new wing i think you could get a much better angle then with a ground up wing like mine. Also that picture is with the wheels at full lock and it's not even close to rubbing the wing. It doesnt touch the ground with full suspension compression. Only thing i'm not sure of is if it'll actually give you enough downforce. If you do try it out I'm interested to know how it works....unless I go buy a wing or two before ya get around to it.
    Well, today was a good day. Looks like I didnt change the ship address in Paypal and they sent the package to my other house. So all parts are in.

Majekal, that's exactly what what I had pictured in my mind but I couldnt figute out a way to mount it. Duh. Bumper mounting holes. Lol. I'm not sure how much time I'll have this week since I'm picking up Modern Warfare 2 tomorrow
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Well, not a good way to start the weekend. Spent the whole day rebuilding the whole truck. Finally got a chance to take some test runs. On the 1st warm up run I flip at about 68mph. No tumbles, just a flip and a long skid. Wont turn on anymore. When I turn on my MMP all the lights flash, steering doesnt work, and the Spektrum rx blinks. Fans kick on for about 1 second then the whole thing shuts off. Lipos are fully charged. I cant figure it out. I'm sending the MMP back to Castle on Monday. I'm not too thrilled about waiting another month to get it back.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    That sucks. Sounds like are having about as much fun with this as I am

RC Qualifier
    Thats lame dude...I hate down time. Atleast you got modern warfare 2...played it over at my buddies house and it's way fun
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Qualifier
    Sounds about like my week! 70-75 degrees and awesome out when I have to work...3 days off with the holiday and it rains for 3 days straight...awesome.

These MMP/Neu vehicles just don't want to be filmed!
    MERV/MMP/1112 1y/4s
    Slash 4x4/MMM/2650/4s/5s

RC Qualifier
    Yup MW2 is the reason I havent had too much time for the RCs this week =)

Well I just figured out the problem. I guess it was a pretty bad hit when I flipped and I burnt my KO servo. Man that sucks. I smelled something burning and found out it was the servo. I guess the burnt servo was overloading the BEC and causing everything to shut down. SO, looks like a couple more speed runs tomorrow! I lost my little bar weight on the crash so I need to find something else to hold the front down. Should have some video tomorrow. Off to watch the Pacquiao/Cott fight! Go PacMan!!!
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Racer
    my KO servo did the exact same thing and seems to be a re-occurring theme amongst other people
    That was easy

Traxxas - Futaba - Losi - Tekin

RC Qualifier
    MORE!!! Step away from the game controller!!! MORE!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Champion
    Let him play. MW2 is a great game.
    The biggest thing i've broken: My wallet.

RC Qualifier
    Lol you guys are funny. MW2 is awesome! It sucks because I get home from work around 5pm and it's already dark. Not only that it's starting to get cold here as well. Leaves me with only weekends to really mess with the RCs.

To be honest I'm gettin a little tired of rebuilding this thing over and over. After every crash I have a habit of tearing the whole thing apart to make sure everything is ok and nothing is binding. I doubt I'll ever reach 100mph... 90mph isnt far away but I'm in serious need of a long straightaway without bumps or reflectors on the ground. The woman is coming up here this weekend so now I have a dedicated camera/radar person. I'm going to run this thing into the ground on Saturday and not going to stop until I hit 90mph or I burn my electronics.

After that I'm turning it back into a basher. I miss just bashing the lil guy ever since I got into the speed/bling craze.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Well, there goes my weekend of speed runs. Storming and it looks like the whole weekends looking like this =(
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    You got a local drag strip close by? I'm sure you could get some car guys to mess their drawers running your mrev on the strip if they'd let ya...maybe the sensors would pick up the little guy and you could get a quarter mile time to. Just a random thought for sunny weather.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMajekalBum
    You got a local drag strip close by? I'm sure you could get some car guys to mess their drawers running your mrev on the strip if they'd let ya...maybe the sensors would pick up the little guy and you could get a quarter mile time to. Just a random thought for sunny weather.
    Well, too bad it's not sunny here. I just did a couple test runs outside and had a pretty bad crash. A good 30 or so cartwheels. No aluminum bent but I did manage to break the plastic steering arm. Reason for me to pick up the aluminum one from TheToyz. I think I'm putting my 1115 up on eBay and picking up another 1112 this week
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Champion
    Ya the rain here just didn't serve anybody well. At school it set off the fire alarm and the bell system, it was crazy.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman101
    Ya the rain here just didn't serve anybody well. At school it set off the fire alarm and the bell system, it was crazy.
    Well at least it's kills some class time. Lol

What school do you go to? I lived in the Bay for about 20 before I moved to Sac.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    broken steering arm, that sucks. I just ordered the HR bellcrank and mounting post this morrning. The toyz dont carry it yet though. I'm hoping it helps with my steering problem.

So, what ended up causing the 30 or so cart wheels...little rock, a dip, or good ol' driver error?

RC Qualifier
    ahh just a little showing of to my girl. The road was kinda wet and I had my dirthawg/tense on which have no grip on wet pavement. thought it would be cool to wow her with my speed since her MERV is all stock. Lol
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by LiqrSicc

What school do you go to? I lived in the Bay for about 20 before I moved to Sac.
    I go to Redwood.

RC Qualifier
    Still waiting for more video!!!
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    Back to the top for people that want ideas!
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cch1978 View Post
    Back to the top for people that want ideas!
    Haha thanks dude! I just picked up a Summit but it's going to get transformed back into a MERV. I just dumped a bunch of money on parts again but I'm going to try to keep this one "tame" =)
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LiqrSicc View Post
    Haha thanks dude! I just picked up a Summit but it's going to get transformed back into a MERV. I just dumped a bunch of money on parts again but I'm going to try to keep this one "tame" =)
    Whats up LiqrSicc, I cant wait to see how it comes out, are you going to post pics?
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    I just tore it down and dyed the chassis today. I pretty much bought the same stuff I had from the last build so it's going to be pretty close to what it used to be... except I don't have to spend all that money on the experimentation like I did the last time! I need some new ideas. I pretty much covered what I wanted to do on the last build. I'm just waiting on a CF chassis =)
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    I just tore it down and dyed the chassis today. I pretty much bought the same stuff I had from the last build so it's going to be pretty close to what it used to be... except I don't have to spend all that money on the experimentation like I did the last time! I need some new ideas. I pretty much covered what I wanted to do on the last build. I'm just waiting on a CF chassis =)
    Cant wait to see it, glad to see you back!!!
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier

After hibernating for a year...

Coulnd't help it. I missed my MERV so I picked a Summit, which is going to be converted back to a MERV anyways.

Goodies:

GPM black shocks
    GPM silver shock parts
    GPM steering assembly
    Driven rear chassis brace
    RNR wheel extenders
    Exotek Commando body
    STRC front and rear skids
    STRC mount plate
    STRC motor mount
    STRC front and rear rockers
    Traxxas pushrods and turnbuckles
    RPM bumpers
    KOPropo PDS3101 Servo
    Neu 1112 1y 3900kv (the older, higher kv model)
    MMP

If you scroll back to the beginning of the thread you'll see this one is going to be almost an exact carbon copy. Gave the chassis a black bath and did my usual de-anodizing to all the colored aluminum:

MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    I wen't overboard with the wire shortening. Everything is as short as it can be except for the ESC wire and servo wire.

I went with the TRX aluminum rods again over the GPM. I never had problems with bending them before so that was an easy choice.

Got some 2s and 3s Hyperion EX packs. The 3s 1600mah definitely do not fit. The 2s 1900mah just barely squeezed in. Had to do the battery box cut-out for the wires but even then it's a tight squeeze.

I probably didn't need this but I picked up the RNR wheel extenders. This in combo with the HPI SS wheels makes the truck wide as is it is long. We'll see how that works out.

Here's the Commando body. I already messed up on the holes but it'll be an easy fix. Still waiting on my RPM arms and knuckles. Debating on giving the GPM CVDs a try. I'm not liking these Summit shafts so far the way they wobble.

I have another MERV project I'll be working on in the next few weeks but until then I'll be working on getting this running the way I want it.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Its going to be Epic!!!!! Liqrsicc is back in the building!!! Are you going to run those tires?
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Enthusiast
    welcome back! How did you make room for the MMax?

RC Qualifier
    Its going to be Epic!!!!! Liqrsicc is back in the building!!! Are you going to run those tires?
    Yup. Goin to give the tires a try. Have you tried them before? I have some dirt hawgs sittin around too. Might put those on some beadlocks.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DwarF View Post
    welcome back! How did you make room for the MMax?
    Not that tough. Just need to grind down part of the chassis that the receiver box sits on. I just grind down enough to get the MMP to sit perfectly in there.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Yup. Goin to give the tires a try. Have you tried them before? I have some dirt hawgs sittin around too. Might put those on some beadlocks.
    Nope, but I was wondering how they would perform in high speed situations!
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Competitor

if u think it rains alot there come to humboldt county im not kidding it has rained 365 days out of the year before
    and great summit
    Last edited by SpecialK-C; 01-18-2011 at 09:05 PM.

RC Champion
    Not all anodizing is created equal. Watch your parts as they soak.. I tried to strip suspension rods for my Axial AX10 crawler. At the time I had stock green rods and a set of Integy green aluminum rods. through them all in together. within 10 minutes the Integy stuff turned white. After 1 hour the Axial stuff was still half green.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Qualifier
    I used Meguiar's Hot Wheel Chrome Wheel cleaner. Doesn't take more than 10 minutes on anything I've tried... and I've tried to strip everything in my house possible =)

If it turns white it just needs to be sanded and polished which is what I do to all the parts after being soaked.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Any updates????
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier

How does that look? Right before I took it to the dirt pile they're building a house on in front of my house. Not sure if it falls under a merv or a summit but it's the same thing to me =)
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier

How does that look? Right before I took it to the dirt pile they're building a house on in front of my house. Not sure if it falls under a merv or a summit but it's the same thing to me =)
    Nice, how does it run!
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    Nice, how does it run!
    The summit tires raises it up about half an inch. I have to watch out on turns. Luckily I have those RNR wheel extensions otherwise I'd probably be rolling it over a lot. I don't like how the Traxxas 2.4ghz radio feels. I might have to take it out and use my DX3R instead. I'll give the street tires a go on 4s tomorrow and see how that goes
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    Wow that de-annodizing looks sweet. The black with bits of silver looks sick.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast