Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pede Loyalty

RC Qualifier

help me choose

Quote Originally Posted by Team Riptide 17
    Be sure to post pics of the Motor Storm bug!!!

TR17
    i plan on using 1 of these paint schemes.
    you just got to imagine its a VW template.

BTW, these are my own designs.
    Last edited by Beast Machine; 10-09-2009 at 04:53 PM.
    My Roller will never be complete.

RC Qualifier
    i wonder if Pede Loyalty will decrease even more so now that the 4x4 Slash is out. i mite sell my Rusty b'cuz that 4Slash is looking pretty tempting. i still plan on getting my XL5 Pede 1st if the 4Slash price is out of my range.
    i need a RC that can handle Motorstorm carnage & the Pede fits the bill.
    decisions-decisions-decisions...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    How could you ever be disloyal to your pede (unless of course you've never owned one!)?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

I'll always be loyal to my pede. First hobby grade rc with over $1500 into it. I love it. It takes anything that I throw at it. Its went through chain link fences and launched 20+ feet in the air and drives away most the time. I've broke mail box post from hitting them at 45+. The only rc that could possibly take the abuse I give this thing is a e revo.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Qualifier
    What can I say? I'm attached to my 'Pede. I've owned it since the XL-1 days and I have loved it ever since I first saw it in an issue of R/C Car Action. I don't see me ever getting rid of it. For me, the truck just "is", for it has transcended any word that could describe it. It was my first hobby grade r/c vehicle, it is my fastest r/c, and dare I say it, my most durable. I've given it a host of upgrades (with a few more planned some time in the future), and I love it more every time I run it. It never ceases to put a smile on my face.

Sure I wish there were a couple of things Traxxas would do to the 'Pede, but when it's all boiled down, I just love the Stampede. It has no equal (you could argue the High Roller is competition, but the Stampede beats it in durability hands down), it's simple to wrench on and is a total blast to drive. Perhaps the only thing that could beat the 'Pede is if Traxxas were to come out with a 4wd version. So essentially, the 'Pede would need to beat itself. Either way, a 'Pede is a 'Pede is a 'Pede is a 'Pede.
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6
    How could you ever be disloyal to your pede (unless of course you've never owned one!)?
    i own a Pede & plan on buying a 2nd one. my current Pede is custom & i dont want to bash it to hard. i plan on buying both the Pede & 4Slash.
    bashing order:
    Custom Pede===bash
    4Slash========bash harder
    New Stampede= bash the living snot out of it.
    after RPM upgrades of course.
    do you have a Bashing Order?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SavagePede
    (you could argue the High Roller is competition, .
    HAAA. the Losi High Roller is a joke! i'd sooner cut off my right pinky toe before i buy a "High Roller".
    why would you even use the words "High Roller"
    in a TRX thread?

RC Qualifier
    im loyal to my pede... ive got one thats custem and an old xl5 i lent my friend and a stock xl1 for my son.. its the only thing that seems to take the beatings i put on them.... sept for teh stub axels.. though i havent broke one on my new xl5 yet with my brushless system in it
    spellign is optional

RC Qualifier
    i drove slash there realy for racing on a track but i think pedes are for bashing
    SLASH W. SIDEWINDER 5700 ON 2S

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by StampedeCrazy96
    i drove slash there realy for racing on a track but i think pedes are for *bashing*
    i agree whole heartedly. thats the sole reason im getting a 2nd Pede.

RC Enthusiast
    Got mine recently, XL5 and 12T motor, and I am suprised at the performance and durability.
    Actually, I don't see myself getting anything else soon, it flipping rocks my socks off.

RC Champion
    I agree, the Pede was never meant for racing. Put several of them on a track however and it is too much fun. It is only Monday but I am bummed yesterday is over and next Sunday can't come fast enough so we can get back on the track!

Beast Machine, how is the paint scheme coming??

TR17
    To err is human, to arr is pirate!

RC Qualifier
    hello TR17, i've decided that i'll use the the green design on my soon to be VW Baja body & the yellow design on the truck body. but the down part to it all is that i work 7 days/wk in 10 hr shifts =(
    i havent had time to get to my LHS. it will be 10hr shifts until Nov & i usually get lazy once i get home. so going back out isnt on my to do list. even tho i did get off of work 1hr early today, i'll be home surfing the web.

RC Champion
    Im selling my slash to get another Pede. The one I have with ext FLM chasis and arms is a Beast! If I do ever take it to a track im going over others not around.....LOL
    No matter where you go there you are.

RC Champion
    Over not around happens quite a lot actually....

Beast, I am looking forward to seeing the paintjobs. I dig the games!

Just curious, how did you make the templates for your paint schemes? It would be nice to be able to preview a paint scheme before we paint it!

TR17
    Last edited by Team Riptide 17; 10-12-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast Machine
    i own a Pede & plan on buying a 2nd one. my current Pede is custom & i dont want to bash it to hard. i plan on buying both the Pede & 4Slash.
    bashing order:
    Custom Pede===bash
    4Slash========bash harder
    New Stampede= bash the living snot out of it.
    after RPM upgrades of course.
    do you have a Bashing Order?
    Beast, I did not quote you or use an arrow to indicate your post above mine. It was a general response to this thread. I do have a bashing order. Take them all!

RC Qualifier
    I had a Slash and a Rustler. Sold them both. I have an 1/16 Erevo and am selling that. I just picked up an XL-5 Pede and plan on keeping it for a long time. I like the size of it an it is the best out of all of them on grass. I think I might make some ski's for it for the winter and maybe buy a VXL for it
    1/10 Rally.

RC Qualifier
    im thinking there mite be a way to make a 4x4 Pede. just cut the 4slash in half & trim the chassis to fit a Pede/Rusty body. u may have to get creative w/the elecs placement. its an option until TRX makes what sum of us want.

RC Champion
    im thinking there mite be a way to make a 4x4 Pede. just cut the 4slash in half & trim the chassis to fit a Pede/Rusty body. u may have to get creative w/the elecs placement. its an option until TRX makes what sum of us want.
    That would be cool.
    No matter where you go there you are.

RC Champion
    I think part of appeal of the Pede for me is the simplicity of two wheel drive. Less moving parts means more drive time and less wrench time. I can understand the lure of four wheel drive but there are plenty of other four wheel drive trucks out there. I think where the Stampede shines is in it's ability to fill a niche that other trucks don't quite fill. It is part monster truck, part stadium truck, part tank.... I enjoy the truck like it is with the factory geometry. Like I said before, it is a blast to race and because it is a simple platform to work with, it gets most of the runtime out of all my trucks.

TR17
    Last edited by Team Riptide 17; 10-14-2009 at 03:38 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I have two widened and lengthened Pedes with brushless and Emaxx bodies. One stock VXL Pede with a Baja TT body and Rustler front wheels/tires (my sons favorite truck). I would almost like to get another Baja/Pede for the fun of it!
    Also have three Rustys widened with brushless.
    I toy with the idea of converting one of them to something else (4x4 Pede?), but hate to tear any of them down due to the fun factor in each one.
    I am 'on-the-fence' with 4x4. There are times the 2WD spins too much but the simplicity is good. I am concerned with the extra weight of 4x4 and more parts that may break. Light weight reduces breakage.
    I think Traxxas did a great design on the Slash 4x4; I want one but $375+ is a little too steep.
    Pede_4X4Pede_Rusty_1/10SlashVXL_1/16SummitVXL

RC Qualifier
    donny ski's on a pede makes it great fun in teh winter... werth every penny i spent on mine http://www.fullforcerc.com/ski-kits.htm
    spellign is optional

RC Qualifier
    Just curious, how did you make the templates for your paint schemes? It would be nice to be able to preview a paint scheme before we paint it!

TR17
    hello TR17, i found a link for the truck template in
    "Traxxas Alley". dont ask me what it was, it was just dumb luck when i found it. but i also made my own of the VW Bug template recently. i'll post it when i stop being lazy.
    if you find a pic you like in the Picture Gallery @ the right angle. just save it to a folder & open it w/windows paint. but it works best when u save the pic as bitmap.
    it takes patience to make ur own template, but i like doing that kind of stuff. im working the JC Bajr body now & it should be finished by the wk/end. after that, its the JC Truth body. if you would like to see my work after i finish, just ask...
    im always glad to help when i can...

RC Qualifier
    I think part of appeal of the Pede for me is the simplicity of two wheel drive. Less moving parts means more drive time and less wrench time.
    TR17
    i agree 100%. im in the process of buying the gear i need to make my Rusty
    into a VW Baja. im just doing the conversion b'cuz its cheaper than buying my future Pede/Beast Machine III. but hopefully within 2 months after that. i can get my new
    Pede. point being, im not rich, so i save my pennies until i can get new toys. any1 else has this problem?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by papaweely
    I think Traxxas did a great design on the Slash 4x4; I want one but $375+ is a little too steep.
    its going to take me until the end of 2010 to get a 4Slash. i feel its worth it
    b'cuz of all the goodies you get in 1 package. i plan on buying 3 bodies for it
    and maybe new tires/rims if i find sumthing i really like.
    my bodies will be:
    JC Truth
    VW Bug
    VW Bajr...
    after these purchases, it will be a looooooooooooooong time before/if
    i get any new rc's. accept i got to squeeze in room for a rc boat.

RC Qualifier

drumroll please...

TR17

the 2nd pic was made b4 i cleaned up the rough draft.

RC Champion
    NICE!!!!!!! Fantastic!!

TR17

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lordtec
    donny ski's on a pede makes it great fun in teh winter... werth every penny i spent on mine http://www.fullforcerc.com/ski-kits.htm
    I made a pair last year for my Slash for about $25-30. Just modifyed a par of plane skis. Worked awesome.
    http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...WhiteNorth.flv

1/10 Rally.

Looks pretty simple to convert it.

RC Qualifier
    Hows this for pede loyalty?

2 XL-5 Waterproof
    2 XL-5 Non Waterproof
    1 VXL
    2 3610 models, 1 still has the MSC, and the other has a Super Rooster ESC.

Needless to say, if I break one, im not out of the game.
    Last edited by 4-wheelin; 10-16-2009 at 07:04 PM.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

RC Champion
    I think the Stampede with the tail is probably a collectors item now. You should probably hang on to that one...

I still have 5 Stampedes in the Fleet but only 3 are in operation. One, the carbon fiber truck, is a shelf queen and one that is basically a stock XL-5 we use to display bodies we paint.

TR17

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=4-wheelin]Hows this for pede loyalty?QUOTE]

what battery/motor combo does the kitty use?
    boy, i bet that thing purrs!

RC Qualifier
    The kitty is actually completely stock. Just the addition of a microchip.

RC Qualifier
    I think the Stampede with the tail is probably a collectors item now. You should probably hang on to that one...

TR17

Thats funny you say that. It just happens to be my favorite.
    Last edited by 4-wheelin; 10-17-2009 at 09:23 AM.

RC Qualifier
    i went to my LHS & saw a w/p XL5 Pede for $179 & it comes w/a battery/charger. just how long has this been going on?!?!
    i would've scraped up the cash a loooong time ago to add that baby to my collection!
    did any1 else know of this?

RC Champion
    My xl-5 was $150 this past feb. It wasn't the waterproof version though. I don't care though its a vxl now.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Qualifier
    in order fpr me to get this newly priced Pede, sum1 is going to get kicked off of my X-Mas list. i wonder if grammy will mind???
    BTW, my LHS usualy sell Pede?Rusty for $200+...
    why does HobbyTown have to be soooo high?!?!

RC Qualifier
    in order fpr me to get this newly priced Pede, sum1 is going to get kicked off of my X-Mas list. i wonder if grammy will mind???
    BTW, my LHS usualy sell Pede?Rusty for $200+...
    why does HobbyTown have to be soooo high?!?!
    hobbytown marks up every effin thing...

RC Racer
    Since it's fall now, I've been aching to take the Pede out for a spin. I took the Rusty out once, but it kept getting stuck in the leaves. I'm hoping the Pede's taller ground clearance will give it an edge.
    I don't drive RC trucks... I fly them.

RC Qualifier
    the Pede's clearance should help. but a nice motor/tire combo doesnt hurt either...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast