Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jafar
    Do you have a DX3R/S or any sort of programmable transmitter? The torque you and LiqrSicc are running through those parts is insane, maybe program some exponential in your throttle trigger?

Does the expo just adjust your throttle curve or does it limit the amount throttle? I have mine set at 15% right now. Maybe my finger's just too heavy
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    if you're still trying to cut down on the weight a carbon chassis would save a lot, ite fairly easy to mold into the shape you did, then do all the drilling and cutting afterwards. if you can't do any molding you can buy some flat sheet for the lower chassis half and cut it out. I molded my own small flat sheet of carbon and I'm happy with how it turned out, still need to go farther with it
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by I know pi!
    if you're still trying to cut down on the weight a carbon chassis would save a lot, ite fairly easy to mold into the shape you did, then do all the drilling and cutting afterwards. if you can't do any molding you can buy some flat sheet for the lower chassis half and cut it out. I molded my own small flat sheet of carbon and I'm happy with how it turned out, still need to go farther with it
    I dont really think it's the weight we're concerned with. Any lighter would make it more difficult to keep the wheels down at these high speeds. The small addition to weight is welcomed and the motor has more than enough power to accommodate for it. IMO the aerodynamics will be more of a factor in these speed runs. Kaz, maybe you should just slap some wings on it and break 100mph in the air.
    MBX6T CC 1520
    CF Sav Flux CC 1520
    MERV Neu 1112

RC Qualifier
    My issue so far is drivetrain life. The stability so far is great.

RC Competitor
    Any updates on the car?

any luck hitting the 100mph mark?
    Sig edited for content.
    NC

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by killercripple
    Any updates on the car?

any luck hitting the 100mph mark?
    Yeah what he said!!!
    MMP-NEU 1112 1.5D 4S MERBE
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    how is it coming?
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Qualifier
    Well, this project is over, for me anyway. I received a very fair offer for the complete truck, with all the goodies still on it. I haven't had the time to dedicate to the project lately, so I decided to take him up on the offer and switch my focus back to bashing and having a good time. Thanks to everyone for watching and offering advice.

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    hm, not a good ending, but as long as you're happy with your truck that you got now.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kazuaki
    Well, this project is over, for me anyway. I received a very fair offer for the complete truck, with all the goodies still on it. I haven't had the time to dedicate to the project lately, so I decided to take him up on the offer and switch my focus back to bashing and having a good time. Thanks to everyone for watching and offering advice.
    BEAST MODE [ON] OFF

RC Racer
    That's awesome.

Since you're probably not gonna be jumping it, it probably makes no difference, but I'd like to see those skid-plates extend back to and bolt to the bottom plate of the chassis for more strength.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think I want to build my own carbon fiber chassis based on this, the main reason being I have carbon cloth and resin in my basement, and also my dad will pay for whatever carbon fiber I want
    I memorized pi to 200 digits!

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Lucky!!! Dude, please make one!! lol

RC Qualifier
    Just wanted to bump this awesome thread...

Who is going to build the next one?

RC Qualifier
    i wouldn't mind creating a standard wheelbase version, just for the sake of it.

i know it's too late, but the ansmann master smacker has metal and plastic driveshafts, very similar in style (and if i'm correct, size) as the traxxas stock ones. if this project was still active that may have been an option.
    ... oh, and sorry about your wallet

RC Qualifier
    I've got numerous inquiries from people interested in building their own chassis. I decided to share the files I came up with so that others can have fun with them

Mini Revo Custom Chassis Project

Enjoy!

RC Qualifier
    very cool indeed!!!

and my partner thought I am crazy! LOL

I am doing a scale build with roll cage, driving lights etc instead of speed and just got all the photos and videos, will post soon...hehehe

I built a splitter for my weekend racer with thermal plastic sheet and I think you can do that easily with some styrene sheets. I also built a diffuser for my car too which I think would be beneficial to your project. You might as well use the styrene sheets and cover the lower chassis to create a total aerodynamic package. I find styrene sheets and hot glue gun work wonders for scale R/C models.

Hope this helps you! Good luck!

RC Qualifier
    hehehe...should have read the whole thread before posting!

anyway, this type of project always get your juices flowing. I had a Kyosho OPtima Mis way back and had a similar chassis made from carbon fibre and I can see how fast this design can be. May be a belt drive is better as the Kyosho had a belt drive and seem to take the power pretty well.

Anyway...back to work...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kazuaki
    I've got numerous inquiries from people interested in building their own chassis. I decided to share the files I came up with so that others can have fun with them

Mini Revo Custom Chassis Project

Enjoy!
    This is much appreciated! I may start my own build! Do you know what happened to your truck after you sold it? More top speed runs? It would be interesting to se a "where are they now" about your truck.

What CAD program did you use for the drawings? Is it possible for you to post an *.iges file of the chassis?

Thanks again!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Krispy
    What CAD program did you use for the drawings? Is it possible for you to post an *.iges file of the chassis?
    I use CADLogic DraftIT. It is a 2D software, as 3D wasn't necessary for this. It has the option to export to a number of picture file formats and the AutoCAD formats (DXF, DWF, and DWG). I would think any decent CAD software would be able to import an AutoCAD file.

Looks really good. Let us know how it hold up! You have given me inspiration to make a chassis for my ERBE. I have been wanting to design one for over a year, but never had the time to do it.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    question...... how are you supposed to get the batteries out?
    Slash 1/10/VXL
    Slash 1/16/VXL/2S
    for sale.

RC Competitor
    I just read this whole thread, you sold it before 100mph!!! I don't feel very good right now.

You didn't happen to keep that 1512, did you?

RC Qualifier
    I bought LiqrSicc's merv and although I'm not sure that I will reach the 100mph mark, I won't stop pushing it until I hit 95. And depending on how hard that is to accomplish, I may push further.

I took it out earlier today and absolutely blew past my freinds 70mph rusty (he was running wide open). If I had to guess I'd say it was running in the low to mid 80's (on 4s,). It had a little more throttle to go, but there wasn't enough room to run it wide open. I plan to buy a radar gun in the very near future to see exactly where I stand.
    rustler 3s
    merv MMP/NEU 1112 4s
    ERBE 4s

RC Qualifier
    LiqrSicc and I shared a lot of idea and information on speed runs wiwh the MERV. I have no doubt his truck, actually YOUR truck, has the power needed. Your biggest challenge will be keeping it on the ground. I know that may sound like a joke, but it is a very real issue.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by S/X Runner
    You didn't happen to keep that 1512, did you?
    No, it went with the MERV. Funny thing is I'm now running basically the same motor in a 1/10 Slash 4x4 on 4s and it seems overpowered in that truck even

RC Competitor
    I also have a 1512 1.5D in my PE. Honestly, this motor is WAY to much for the 4x4! It is super overkill. On 2 cell is seems like the stock VXL system on 3 cell but with loads more torque! On 3 cell it is uncontrollable.

RC poster
    Do you have a CAD paint for me that I can build me a own speed chassis??... or is it your secret??

Sad ending. I wonder if the diffs would have ever held up, would have been interested in seeing how they held up and what modification would be needed. After all that work it never saw the light of day.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevoFan View Post
    Do you have a CAD paint for me that I can build me a own speed chassis??... or is it your secret??
    They are in post 95...
    Dacaur

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123