Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AK SNO RIDER
    yea theres no way this will be cheap. stock slash is $200, vxl is $150, and 2.4ghz is $120. id say we're looking at $425-$500
    They traxxas guys on this forum have already said it will be under $400 street price. Besides you cant take the cost of a car and add the extras, you are also removing other stuff too.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by das
    As great as this new Slash might be, some of us were hoping that it was going to be a 1/8 truggy. A truggy is what we've been asking for, for a very very long time. Maybe next release will be a truggy, I'll keep hoping.

Why are people wanting traxxas to do this? There is an endless sea of capable truggies and buggies out there that are very nice vehicles. If you cant figure out how to put one together, you shouldne be driving it honestly...they shouldnt be plug and play at that level.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AK SNO RIDER
    well before you guys get too mad at me, i must say this looks like a great truck and i would love to have one. in fact, i may just have to save up to get one.

However, i am very dissapointed that they didnt release a 1/8th truggy or buggy. i have been looking to get a truggy for some time now and i was really hoping traxxas was finally going to make one. i know theres a lot of people out there want a TRAXXAS Truggy so i figured they would make one.

Why don't you just get a truggy from another manufacturer?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by KID
    Why don't you just get a truggy from another manufacturer?
    But then he'd have nothing to come in here and complain about.

RC Champion
    Only thing I'm disappointed by is the number of crybabies on here that seem to whine about not liking this truck when it could in all reality, be an exceptional platform used to update the Rustler, Pede, Bandit, and Electric 4-Tec!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley
    Only thing I'm disappointed by is the number of crybabies on here that seem to whine about not liking this truck when it could in all reality, be an exceptional platform used to update the Rustler, Pede, Bandit, and Electric 4-Tec!
    You can't please them all. No dissapointment here. What Traxxas has on it's hands is another game changing hit like the original 2wd slash. No it's not a 1/8th scale, but do you see the direction they are heading in? More racing focused than ever...

RC Champion
    I'm pretty disappointed myself. What was Traxxas thinking?! This is the Slash they should have released back when the 4x2 version came out! This truck is going to rock your world.

In my opinion, it was in Traxxas's advantage to not use the Revo suspension on this truck. I'm glad they stuck with the tried and true upright shock set-up. On a truck like this, the cantilever shock set-ups seem to have somewhat more body roll.

I had bet a friend that the new release was going to be an E-Slayer, and I was a little excited. Then we saw this Slash 4x4 and I knew Traxxas one-uped themselves. There are many advantages over an E-Slayer, that this truck will have.

4 wheel drive in a lighter chassis, with a lower center of gravity, brushless, takes a single battery pack, will run just as long, will handle more predictable, thanks to the upright shocks, and finally, will be twice as much fun as my old Slash 4x2 was, thanks to the rather care free driving. It's 4WD, just point it where you want it to go and squeeze the trigger. Rooster tails ensue!
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Champion
    I <3 the 4x4 slash
    RC enthusiast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12