RC Racer

What do you like best from the spec?

What I like the best from the spec is the drive-line. I think Traxxas have been paying attention to the need of their customers. We knew that 32P is the way to go for the 2WD. I use 32P gearing myself. They deliver it here on the 4WD. We also thought there ought to be better drive-shaft for the wheels and they redesigned it so it's should be stronger. I don't see six splines on the drive-shaft, though, I wonder how they had made this stronger. Maybe thicker material or something. I also really2 like the one screw system to plug and unplug the motor from the chassis. This will save a lot of maintenance time and thus we will have more driving time. I had also been wondering if I just could put mamba monster system on my 2wd slash, this could not been done before with the 2wd slash simply because the tranny case wouldn't allow it dimension wise. Now this will be possible with Slash 4wd. So this means that we can use 4s or maybe even 6s lipo and high torque motor like 2200KV with a whooping continuous 120AMP rating. Imagine that! So this theoretically would indeed make the truck possible to reach or exceed the 80MPH speed barrier! Don't forget that nowadays we have up to 60C Lipos, so this means we don't require huge 6s batteries to get the amp we want. 6s 3300 40c would just be enough to deliver a constant 120A throughout. And I think Traxxas would have a taller battery hold down setup as optional part to accommodate at least a 4 cell lipo if not 6 cell on this new truck. Further I really like the new placement of the motor in the front of the rear shaft so bringing the center of gravity closer to the middle.

I hope I didn't misinterpreted the new spec about the possibility of putting a mamba monster system on the truck. This is doable right?

EDIT: There's a possibility that the new rear drive shaft won't be as strong as I would have expected even after the redesign. I mean they must have put "Steel Constant Velocity Shaft" available as accessory for a reason. But I could be wrong. We'll find out!
    Last edited by roosterkill; 10-09-2009 at 07:55 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjy78bP222g

RC Qualifier
    i like the whole kit & kaboodle.
    My Roller will never be complete.

RC Qualifier
    I agree with your comments on the driveline. But I'm most impressed with the amount of "new" in this truck. I mean it shares very little with any traxxas vehicle. New drive shafts and alum center shaft. Over all they knocked this out of the park.
    free track. need tucson racers. PM me

RC Champion
    I like the way the skids are designed..hopefully we won't get that rear 'kick up' usually associated with the stock skids on the original slash. I'm a little worried about batt compartment on the side though. Say if I use batteries w/ different weight (nimh/lipo) i might have to add led weights to balance the chassis. Even the original Slash is slightly heavier on the left due to the motor placement. I added led weights on the right side next to the ESC..what an improvement on the handling that made!
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Racer
    Just wait until someone post up video showing his 4x4 Slash doing a standing backflip! It won't be long. I mean I have mamba monster system on my humongous and heavier Savage Flux and it does standing backflip like nobody's business. I know Savage has got big tires, but hey who knows what Slashers can do with their truck! It's all possible.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjy78bP222g

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by roosterkill
    Just wait until someone post up video showing his 4x4 Slash doing a standing backflip! It won't be long. I mean I have mamba monster system on my humongous and heavier Savage Flux and it does standing backflip like nobody's business. I know Savage has got big tires, but hey who knows what Slashers can do with their truck! It's all possible.
    I didn't know you had a Flux... WOW Come to think of it, i'll hold the thought of buying a Slash 4x4..keep my 2wd, and save up for an ERBE. Our friend 'the Don' just keeps hustling me for it.
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.