RC Racer

Buggy In Disguise??

Is it just me or does the layout of the chassis look alot like a electric buggy does? It is like they designed a race buggy then put a slash body on it. Kind of smart, satisfy both worlds, the people who love buggy's get the design, even though they'll change the wheels, tires, body, and add a wing; and you satisfy the COOR lovers. I wonder if every track in the nation will have a class for the 4x4 like they do for the 2x4. Traxxas is very smart.
    Drive it, Break it, Fix it, Love it, Repeat

RC Champion
    That's what I'm hoping for. One of the other items I asked for was a single motor, single battery 4x4 buggy about the size of the slash. I'm betting we're going to see a buggy out of this chassis very soon and maybe a new 4TEC.

Ihobby is coming up here in Chicago in just a couple of weeks. Just before the Last Ihobby Traxxas showed us all the Summit then introduced the Mini's at the show. I'm hopping they do this again. I need a new 4x4 buggy.
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Champion
    Layout does look similar and it shouldn't be hard to do the /backslash conversion to get it to a buggy if you wanted.
    RC Addict #341777

Quote Originally Posted by TrickTraxxas3
    Is it just me or does the layout of the chassis look alot like a electric buggy does?.
    Yes it does!!!
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Qualifier
    The layout looks nothing like a buggy to me, and I highly doubt they had any intentions of making to be convertible to a buggy, but it does look like it could be made into one pretty easily, the chassis is kind of awkwardly shaped for one, but I plan on buying for the sole purpose of making a backslash conversion if I can some class to race it in.
    1/16 Revo
    X-60
    X-6

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by john01374
    That's what I'm hoping for. One of the other items I asked for was a single motor, single battery 4x4 buggy about the size of the slash. I'm betting we're going to see a buggy out of this chassis very soon and maybe a new 4TEC.

Ihobby is coming up here in Chicago in just a couple of weeks. Just before the Last Ihobby Traxxas showed us all the Summit then introduced the Mini's at the show. I'm hopping they do this again. I need a new 4x4 buggy.
    acutally the minis were shown off a year before that even happened they just werent in production yet

RC Champion
    A year before ? Where. I was at the show that they debuted them and it was just after the summit release
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Qualifier
    I see alot of 1/8th buggy conversions on this truck especially since the 4wd and the fact it will drop in a Mamba Monster ! This thing is gonna be awesome !
    Paddle Tires Make Everything Better