RC Champion

******* 20c have more punch than ***** 30c's

Hey people,

I ran my E-Revo earlier today and had a blast with it as usual

I ran through firstly a set of ***** 5000mah 30c hardcase which performed well but then when they ran dry I put in my ******* 5000mah 20c batteries and the difference was incredible! They have a huge amount more power, the difference was hugely noticeable.

I would definately recommend going ******* over *****, I'll only buy ******* from now on.

Hope this helps people making battery choices.

Cheers,
    Jonny

RC poster
    anyone else tried the ******* 20c ??? any other feedback?

i got ******* 30c

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Double A
    i got ******* 30c
    Do you like them? What gearing are you running and how hot do they get? I need to order either the ******* or ********* 3S 5000's this weekend and am trying to make up my mind.

RC Racer
    i run ******* 3s 5000mah 30c and it feels like I can use any gearing I want.

same as the guy above and they never really get hot charging or after running them always able to touch at anytime

RC Champion
    I run the ******* 2s 5000mAh 20c packs in my ERBE geared 18/54 and I love them. I have 2 sets and they have been great. They barely get warm.
    I need R/Cers anonymous.

RC Champion
    how many runs are on the zippies. if they are new, they will take a lil while to wake up
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Racer
    I'm also running ******* 3S 5000mAh and they are great.
    Wanted to order another pair from *********, however the *******'s were not in stock, so I ordered 3S 5000mAh *****'s.
    As soon as they are here, I'll see which one is the better. But on 6S total, I don't think I'm really gonna see much difference...

RC Champion
    i also have 3s 5000mah turnigies and i haven't ever changed the gearing and i works great i break something everytime but i cant seem to do a wheelie with it but i dont care really i did it when it was wet i would do it now because its dry but my tires went boom and flew higher than a house

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Brushless Moose
    how many runs are on the zippies. if they are new, they will take a lil while to wake up
    Ive had 4 runs on mine and they arent woken up? Holy crap how much more power can these put out?!?!
    Are you an RC addict?

RC Champion
    I meant the zippies, not the *******s maybe that's why the zippies are slower if they havent woke up.
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Champion
    They *****s only have 2 runs less than the *******s.
    The ******* batteries have lower internal resistance according to my charger compared to the *****s.
    The *******s have a 2c charge rate too which the ***** doesn't.
    The *******s take on around 5100mah in a charge, the *****s take around 4900 and the *****s last longer, indicating they are discharging at less amps.

******* batteries are higher quality and produce better power in my truck, FACT.

RC Qualifier
    I have read on rcm somthing about the 20 c and the 30c batts are the same lipo just different sticker on the pack. Somebody tested them on a eagle tree and they came up almost identicle in amp output.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGmaxx
    I have read on rcm somthing about the 20 c and the 30c batts are the same lipo just different sticker on the pack. Somebody tested them on a eagle tree and they came up almost identicle in amp output.
    Yep almost all of the batteries I have load tested are way overrated.
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work

RC Enthusiast
    I ordered a pair of the Tunrigy's. I am running a 1515/2D and it didn't take long to wear out one of my trakpower 2s 4900's. I figure for as cheap as they are it's worth a shot. If that doesn't pan out I'll go with some 3s flightpower packs that my LHS has. Way expensive though.

RC Enthusiast
    I got my pair of the ******* 35-45C batteries. I am running a 1515 2D/F in the revo. It's geared at 23/68 and I am running the big proline moab tires. Its WAY too fast. I'll have to put a GPS on it. Battery temps don't get above 98 and motor temp is about 175. I think with the stock rims and response tires the speed will be manageable but no way am I going to keep the front end down if I hammer the throttle. I have burned 2 clutches already (adjusted 1/8 turn from tight).

I set the controller to cut off at 3.5V/cell and my charger puts back 5300mah. I wish I could have it cut off at 3.6-3.7. I'll have to check resting voltage when the cutoff trips next time. I don't want to discharge them too much.

So far I have been very impressed for the price. We'll see how long they last.