RC Champion

My arms keep breaking why???

I just built an E slayer using an E-revo chassis and slayer arms and 17mm buggy wheels. I have ran less than 2 sets of battery packs through it, running it easily on an 1/8th scale offroad track, and Have gone through 4 lower front a arms right where the pillow ball screws in. It is crippling the truck completely and is no fun if it breaks all of the time. People on here are raving about durablility, but there is just no material on that area of the arm to give it strength!
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    You could try aluminum. I've never had a problem with them. I've broke one rear lower, but I landed hard on that 1 wheel. I beat mine up pretty hard, so I don't know.

Just for kicks, when you turn the steering all the way is there any binding in the suspension. That's the only thing I can think of. Try it left and right, watch the pivot ball to see if anything hits funny.

RC Enthusiast
    How deep do you screw your upper and lower pivot balls?

I had my pivot balls three turns out and almost broke one rear upper so now they are one out in the uppers and two turns out in the lowers all around

RC Champion
    all of the way in
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    All the way in as in tight? You want to screw them in, just the threads. There's about a 1/8th inch or so that isn't threaded, I leave that out. You might me pushing them in to far weakening the arms.

RC Racer
    I've only broken 3 a-arms and I jumped my slayer off my house. I guess it might just be luck?
    1/16 E-Revo VXL
    1/16 Slash VXL
    Slash

I run my pivot balls all the way in as well. I'll run all of them in lightly snug "not tight" then set my camber. Usually after I set the camber the most mine stick out are maybe 1 to 2 threads out of the arm so more than 3/4 of the thread is still screwed into the arms.

Also what were the ambient temps when you were running? Sometimes cooler air will make the parts snap easier. But if temps were around 60 or 70F or above, then I wouldn't say temp was the prob.

You can try taking a new set of arms and just lay the JB weld to it around the areas that you're having probs with and see if it'll reinforce it enough to help your problems.

I wouldn't suggest alum arms, they'll transfer the shock straight through the arms and suspension pins and wind up snapping your bulkhead. A arms are easily replaced, a bulkhead you pretty much have to tear down either the whole front end or rear end of your truck which is not fun.

RC Champion
    I was running in 50 weather. not to cool. I will get some more, but it is strange that you guys are not breaking any, and I am breaking a ton driving easily and not crashing.
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Racer
    Get RPM arms. I have had mine for 4 months and I bash my slayer and haven't broken one yet.
    Revo 3.3
    Slash 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan97
    Get RPM arms. I have had mine for 4 months and I bash my slayer and haven't broken one yet.
    RPM doesn't make slayer a-arms he would have to use the revo ones.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Racer
    The slayer looks better with the revo arms, thats why I have them on mine.
    Revo 3.3
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Not if you want to keep the stock CORR look. I like the way my truck looks with the short arms. If Everyone wanted longer arms, why not just get a revo. Thats just my opinion.

RC Racer
    Thats a good point.
    Revo 3.3
    Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    can you take a picture of the broken parts and your truck? maybe we can spot something out of place.