Thread: Slash Antenna

RC poster

Slash Antenna

I see many pictures on the web site of trucks without their antenna's showing. How is this so? Can I just run the antenna around the body under the shell?

Thanks

RC Champion
    they are using a 2.4GHz spectrum radio, no antenna.

RC Racer
    I run my antenna under my body all of the time with the factory stuff. But, I only bash and I do not go very far away from where I stand with my truck so The distance I need is not effected.

RC Qualifier
    do you need a spectrum radio to have a spectrum receiver? are they waterproof?
    \BACKSLASH
    \BACKBAJR
    2WD Slash

RC Champion
    yes you need the receiver and transmitter to be the same. no radios are not water proof, what is waterproof are the waterproof cases you can put the receiver in.

it would be like trying to run a brushless motor on a brushed ESC. won't work no way.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nitromud
    I run my antenna under my body all of the time with the factory stuff. But, I only bash and I do not go very far away from where I stand with my truck so The distance I need is not effected.
    if your right on your truck then your ok but even a short distance away will be affected.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by schofield
    if your right on your truck then your ok but even a short distance away will be affected.
    I tuck my antenna under the rear shock tower. It's fine out to at least 300 feet.

RC Racer
    I will second that on out to about 300 feet. I was running mine out at the farm about 2 weeks ago and I was getting out about 300 feet before turning around and coming back. I know it is not the optimal way to run and you do run the rick of loosing control, but it does protect the antenna without having to spend a lot of money on a new receiver and radio.

RC Champion
    where you run will greatly affect your range, out on a farm your not getting too much interference as to say running in the city or suburbs.

RC Racer
    I agree completely. Out there we had a few trees but no house to block the signal and there was nothing else going on around us to interfear with the signal

RC Competitor
    I run mine on a normal suburban street. Houses, trees, people driving by in cars, etc. I haven't actually found the limit on the range; 300' is just about as far as I let it get away.

Also worth noting is that my transmitter batteries are almost new. Probably an hour and a half on them. That probably makes as big a difference as anything else.

RC Qualifier
    Somewhere between Nitropia and Electropia.
    Quote Originally Posted by schofield
    they are using a 2.4GHz spectrum radio, no antenna.
    I think 2.4Ghz still got antenna, but it's very short.
    Been There Done That....

RC Champion
    some 2.4ghz radios use a little one that is still under the body and some dont have 1 at all like the tactic.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff