Thread: 'pede 4x4?

RC Qualifier

'pede 4x4?

I wonder if Traxxas would ever produce a 'pede with a 4x4 shaft drive VXL? I think a smaller single battery monster would be kind of cool. With the water proof VXL system this little "pitbull" would be fun in the snow with shaft drive 4x4. I'd buy it.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    UHHH.... Throw some talons and a maxx body on the 4x4 slash.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6
    UHHH.... Throw some talons and a maxx body on the 4x4 slash.
    Great reply.

Im with the OP. A 4x4 version of the Stampede would rock. Of course it wold cost $400 likely.

RC Qualifier
    If they dont dont come out with a 4x4 pede they could at least make a 4x4 kit. Now that both versoins are waterproof 4x4 is the only thing its missing. $400 for a brushless 4x4 pede is not a bad deal if you ask me. The only thing about that it an e-maxx is $350-$400. But im ALL FOR A 4X4 PEDE! So traxxas you hear us we're aking for it just like the slash guys did. if any thing i think we have been asking even longer. So please show us some love and make it happen.
    Rusty vxl
    SPC lipo's
    Google Johnny Unite Us

RC Qualifier
    How about a 1/16 4x4 Pede I would love that. I am all over the minis I have two already.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DBL-O-OCHO
    $400 for a brushless 4x4 pede is not a bad deal if you ask me. The only thing about that it an e-maxx is $350-$400.
    Don't forget to factor in that the upcoming E-Maxx Brushless is going to be $630...

RC Qualifier
    Heres a 4x4 pede on ebay for ideas i gess

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-x-4-Traxxas-St...item439ac2d117
    SLASH W. SIDEWINDER 5700 ON 2S

I would guess that before long we will be seeing not only a monster truck, but also a stadium truck and a buggy based on the 4x4 Slash platform. After all, the four 2WD current trucks share a great many parts now. Why not follow the same path with the 4WD platform? It surely would keep costs down.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    I'd like to see a little more weight shifted forward than it has now for a 4x4 pede to be more effective.
    ------
    hmmm, I've never seen it spelled that way.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Wingwrecker, You may not like my reply, but that is probably what traxxas will do If you guys get your wish lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by KoJack021
    How about a 1/16 4x4 Pede I would love that. I am all over the minis I have two already.
    Even if it isn't 4wd, I would search high and low for the green to buy a mini 'Pede.

I also completely support the idea of a 4x4 'Pede, so long as it stays similar to the current 'Pede in the general layout of the chassis (thin chassis, wide stance). I'd also find a way to gather my money to get this, because what's better than having a 'Pede? Two 'Pedes!
    Traxxas: Stampede, E Maxx
    Losi: Muggy

Can you imagine the jumping ability of a 2WD (= superlight) mini Stampede? You could measure hang time with an hourglass!
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Wingwrecker, That is tru but the mamba max makes the emaxx no longer waterproof. To me that totaly makes the e-maxx not the e-maxx any more. The e-maxx is supose to be the go any where do anything truck and now it cant go every where. So a water proof vxl 4x4 pede would still have a shot IMO.
    Rusty vxl
    SPC lipo's
    Google Johnny Unite Us

RC Qualifier
    Wingwrecker, That is tru but the mamba max makes the emaxx no longer waterproof. To me that totaly makes the e-maxx not the e-maxx any more. The e-maxx is supose to be the go any where do anything truck and now it cant go every where. So a water proof vxl 4x4 pede would still have a shot IMO.
    I agree, the waterproof is the reason I installed the VXL in my Pede and not a MAMBA. Also the VXL is pretty fast. I like to drive in the rain and go through puddles.

RC poster

I would absolutely want a 4x4 Pede to remain waterproof. I was just saying that as the Pede stands now, at $280 on Tower, an upgraded 4x4 version would likely be about $100 more. You pointed out that the E-Maxx is currently around that price now. So I pointed out that the new upgraded E-Maxx will be much more than that. So the Brushless 4x4 Stamped would still remain priced well under the Brushless E-Maxx.

But yes, keep a 4x4 Stampede based on Velineon!

RC Qualifier
    I like the idea of a Mini Pede too.....

RC Qualifier
    I just took the one of the trannys out of my 4x4 stampede for a crawler but it didn't perform as i wanted so its going back in the 4x4 pede.I haven't driven it in about a year!
    4x4 Stampede T-Maxx 3.3 Revo 3.3 W King Jato 2.5

RC poster
    Tranny's are hot...

RC Qualifier
    ^lol^ Myself, i prefer ladies in stock condition :P But back on topic tho, i already had plans of taking a 4slash and giving it the pede treatment. What could be better than a 4slash with the ground clearance of a pede? Basically, if Traxxas doesnt make one for me to buy, then im just gonna make one myself. Also, the waterpoof vxl is definitly a winner imo.
    Mr nitro? Not since going brushless!

RC Racer
    4x4 slash + Stampede arms, shafts, turnbuckles + stock electronics + Body + talons = Awesome . . . . . .should be easy and relatively cheap to do....... maybe even upgrade(rpm?) while your at it...
    That was easy

Traxxas - Futaba - Losi - Tekin

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by annonymous
    4x4 slash + Stampede arms, shafts, turnbuckles + stock electronics + Body + talons = Awesome . . . . . .should be easy and relatively cheap to do....... maybe even upgrade(rpm?) while your at it...
    I might give that ago and see what happens. Would much perfer a 4X4 Stampede than a 4X4 Slash

Its kind of what I implied in post #2 lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. NStampede Freak's Avatar
    Man I would do anything for a 4x4 brushless pede.

I may try to make one when slash 4x4 parts come available.I will probably will never do it though. LOL
    N Stampede 2.5R
    E Stampede VXL
    Tmaxx 2.5

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by annonymous
    actually if you took stampede arms and put them on a 4wd slash, Im pretty sure you would just end up with a 4wd slash. The parts are shared. If you look in the pictures on traxxas's website for the truck and look at the suspension you will see they are the same arms. In rcca magazine when they talked to the designer of the truck they had said they used many parts that were time tested on the new 4x4 slash.

The good thing about this is I plan to purchase the c-hub and steering knuckle thats used on the 4x4 slash when it comes out to use on my own 4wd slash/stampede creation. Since the new slash uses the same rear arms used on the 2wd slash, stampede, etc and uses them on the front as well, I know the c-hub should bolt right on.

My plan for a 4wd slash/stampede is to do as many people have and take a 2nd rear tranny and mount it up from (motor facing towards the front to ease steering servo issues). I will be using 2 titan 550 16.8v motors and a evx2 speed control.

For the chassis I designed that myself on AutoCAD. And so I can play around and find what I like best I made 1 chassis that would make it the wheelbase of the stampede and the other of the slash.

4wd slash

4wd stampede

These are prototypes that I already sent to get laser cut out of 1/8" steel. I can go aluminum but my mig welder is not setup to do aluminum welding.

Since it is a prototype you will see that I have 2 spots for a steering servo. I am going to try two different configurations. 1 will be just like the stampede (servo to the front) with a servo saver/horn on the servo and links directly to the knuckles. The other was I am going to try is using a bellcrank servo saver setup from a ofna. This requires the servo to be mounted back further. Once I find which I like best I will delete the other on the drawing and have it sent back out to be cut. I also added a 1/2" along both sides that I will bend up 90 degrees to stiffen the chassis.

RC Racer
    I so far like my 4wd slash version better than the 4wd stampede. I may just play with the length some and get it to fit a maxx body.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by StampedeCrazy96
    Heres a 4x4 pede on ebay for ideas i gess

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-x-4-Traxxas-St...item439ac2d117
    this 4x4 pede will be at my house sometime this week.
    4x4 pedes

The parts are shared.
    Not quite. The Slashes arms part # is followed by an x, which means they are interchangeable, but not identical. Looks like they have more shock mounting points. So your idea is sound.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.