Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Competitor

EZrun 80a or 150a combo

Xmas is coming up and i was thinking of asking my parents for a Ezrun combo. I like the look of the 80a combo because its cheap and fast but i also like the 150a combo because its really fast and is still cheaper than a Mamba Monster but delivers similar power. Please help me out, i want the 150 but is it worth it or is it worth getting the 80a combo.
    E Maxx 3905
    2x 2s 5000mah LiPo
    2.4Ghz

RC Qualifier
    The 80A combo will limit you to 4S. Performance wise, it is similar to the MMM on 4S.
    The 150A combo let's you go up to 6S. Again performance is probably similar to the MMM.

The E-Maxx takes 4S like a breeze, but 6S puts a lot of strain on it. Be ready for more breakage and upgrade. Now you can always have the 150A combo and run it on 4S. That gives you the flexibility to go up the ladder when money allows.
    E-Maxx on NiMH / Savage Flux on LiPO

RC Champion
    Definately get the EZrun similar performance to the MMM system and get the 150A Combo with either the 2350Kv motor or the 2000Kv motor and definately be ready to change some drive shafts.
    BLEmaxx-3905
    Fam. last words-Hey yall watch this!

RC Champion
    dont forget about diffs.
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris York
    dont forget about diffs.
    Actually dont worry about them till you go to 5s or 6s lipos cause I have been abusing my maxx for about 5 months with the EZrun on 4s and I have had no differential problems. Just keep twisting the shafts is my problem!
    BLEmaxx-3905

RC Champion
    are you sure? i blew my diffs on 3S with a MM and feiago 8XL.
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

RC Champion
    Yeah and my slipper is set TIGHT! and did you have the older diffs? I have the newer fuild filled revo style diffs they are A LOT stronger than the older ones.
    BLEmaxx-3905

RC poster
    For the price, the performance and the fact your EMaxx will be more reliable on long term I would definately go for the 80 A which will allow you great runs.
    The 150 A is for sure more dedicated to the E-Revo

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by J-DUB
    Yeah and my slipper is set TIGHT! and did you have the older diffs? I have the newer fuild filled revo style diffs they are A LOT stronger than the older ones.
    I thought all 3905's came with the same upgraded diffs that e-revo has. Gear set #5382X and ring gear/diff pinion gear #5379X
    Sharpchuter 245
    Dyna Wide Glide

RC Racer
    the emaxx apparenty pretty strong according to taxxas, because they put an mmm in the EMBE and it is pretty much the same as the stock 3905 so i supose you wouldnt blow your diffs right away it will probablly take some time.
    3905 emaxx Purple Project dual titan 775

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by emacks
    the emaxx apparenty pretty strong according to taxxas, because they put an mmm in the EMBE and it is pretty much the same as the stock 3905 so i supose you wouldnt blow your diffs right away it will probablly take some time.
    Every company on earth praises their own products saying they are super strong and amazing quality and value for money and blah blah blah.......self praise is no recommendation.

Despite that, just what everybody else has said, the Emaxx 3905 can easily handle 4S. I've been runing 4S for a while now on the Ezrun 80A and I haven't broken anything. It is bone stock, and using me as an example, I'd have to say Traxxas is right in that it is "pretty strong".

I'm not saying Traxxas is wrong in making their claim, but just because XYZ company claim that about their product doesn't make it 100% categorically gospel.
    You are unique just like everyone else

RC Competitor
    is it worth getting the EZrun 80a combo. If so is it worth going to a 150a combO
    E Maxx 3905
    2x 2s 5000mah LiPo
    2.4Ghz

RC Competitor
    What is the top speed on the Ezrun 150a combo on the E maxx 3905 with 7 cell nimh and 4s lipo.
    E Maxx 3905
    2x 2s 5000mah LiPo
    2.4Ghz

RC Competitor
    What is the difference between the 2350KV motor and the 2000KV motor
    E Maxx 3905
    2x 2s 5000mah LiPo
    2.4Ghz

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat Bentley
    is it worth getting the EZrun 80a combo. If so is it worth going to a 150a combO
    On 4S, they will give you the same performance.
    The only benefit of the 150A is that it can take 6S.

RC Qualifier
    What is the difference between the 2350KV motor and the 2000KV motor
    The 2350kV spins faster than the 2000kV but has less torque.

2000kV is the right choice for a heavy truck like the E-Maxx I think (that's what I have).

RC Qualifier
    What is the top speed on the Ezrun 150a combo on the E maxx 3905 with 7 cell nimh and 4s lipo.
    No idea, but plenty fast for bashing. Significantly faster than stock.
    Since stock is given for 35mph by Traxxas, I'd say at least 40mph.

I would not recommend using NiMH on the ezRun. Lipo is the way to go. Get the new ******* hard case 5000mAh for less than $20 a piece. They fit perfectly in the E-Maxx tray. 4 of them will give you a solid hour of bashing, and on stock gearing, the batts, ESC and motor will just get barely warm.

RC Competitor
    ill probably go for the EZrun 150a, with the 2350KV motor but ill wait a while before i buy go and buy a Lipo 5000Mah 4s hardcase.
    E Maxx 3905
    2x 2s 5000mah LiPo
    2.4Ghz

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pdcsq
    The 2350kV spins faster than the 2000kV but has less torque.

2000kV is the right choice for a heavy truck like the E-Maxx I think (that's what I have).
    How did you fit the 2000Kv motor? I just got one and the motor hits the trans and only get like half of the adjustment for setting pinion to spur?
    What gearing you run?

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by magg992001
    How did you fit the 2000Kv motor? I just got one and the motor hits the trans and only get like half of the adjustment for setting pinion to spur?
    What gearing you run?

Thanks

Ooooppppss, my mistake. I mixed things up. I have the 2350kV motor.
    And with stock gearing, it works like a charm on the E-Maxx. Nothing gets past barely warm when bashing.

RC Racer
    What gearing you run?

Thanks
    Like in the other thread the single motor mount from traxxas will give you more room plus it will help balance the weight in the truck.

RC Qualifier
    I have 80a in a 3906 and it is awesome. Unless you are trying to break some speed records, I can't see the point of the 150a. If you are a basher, 80a and some 20-30c lipos will be more than enough, speaking from experience. So far with the 80a I have smokes a rear diff and a spur... Lots O Power...
    If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with!!!

RC Competitor
    good what do you think should i buy the Ezrun 80 combo with the 2000kv or 2350kv motor. Im more of a speed demon than a basher but i dont mind the odd bash on grass,gravel,dirt and jumps.
    E Maxx 3905
    2x 2s 5000mah LiPo
    2.4Ghz

RC Racer
    I have the 80a 2350 setup. Its awesome and I havent destroyed any of my drive line parts. I run mine on cheap ebay 4 cell lipos 30C You cant be this setup for the money.

Reaper

RC Competitor
    Are you guys running 2- 4s lipos with the 80A EZRUN ? What kind of battery straps are you using?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by KDM
    Are you guys running 2- 4s lipos with the 80A EZRUN ? What kind of battery straps are you using?
    They're not running two 4s packs, they're running 4s in total - most likely two packs of 2s lipos. The stock battery bars should work in most cases unless you're getting way up into the 6000+ mah range, but it depends on the exact battery pack being used.
    3906 E-Maxx, 3905 E-Maxx, SC10, RC10, TQ10

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by KDM
    If you use hardcase lipos (***** or ******* are cheap), they have the same size as a 6-cell NiMH pack, so you just use the standard battery hold downs.

RC Champion
    Running stock gearing and tires.

2350 motor

Spur/Pinion Reduction Ratio (?): 3.58:1

Total Reduction Ratio (?): 18.67:1

Tire Circumference (?): 18.54"

Rollout (?): 0.99:1

Total Motor Speed (?): 29600 RPM

Theoretical Maximum Vehicle Speed (?): 27.82 MPH

Calculated Loaded KV Value (?): 2000

2350 motor

Spur/Pinion Reduction Ratio (?): 3.58:1

Total Reduction Ratio (?): 18.67:1

Tire Circumference (?): 18.54"

Rollout (?): 0.99:1

Total Motor Speed (?): 34780 RPM

Theoretical Maximum Vehicle Speed (?): 32.69 MPH

Calculated Loaded KV Value (?): 2350

Sparky
    Sharpchuter 245
    Dyna Wide Glide

RC Competitor
    dude.....why wouldnt you get the 150amp one? it will be the same on 4s...and will give you the flexibility of 6s...

think about it....its a no brainer
    3s lipo=awsomeness

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gilly
    dude.....why wouldnt you get the 150amp one? it will be the same on 4s...and will give you the flexibility of 6s...

think about it....its a no brainer
    Goodluck getting ANY ezrun's from now on.

I have found out from the horses mouth that the EZrun 80/150 are no longer. They are being replaced with
    CLICK ME

This is why nobody has them in stock and they aren't getting more stock. I have been told by HW themselves that these new XEruns will be being shipped out very soon. I presume they will have an 80 and 150A version.

So, to anybody looking for an ezrun, good luck. If you can hold off, I would if I were you, this new one should be better with any luck.

i was wondering about that. they used to all over ebay, and then they disappeared. i hope they sell the escs as standalone unit at the same price of the ez150
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC Qualifier
    In case the photo link doesn't work in my last post, here it is at photobucket

Yeah, with any luck it'll be the same or even cheaper than the ezrun series. I quite like the look of the new ones and I'm hoping they are even better than ezrun.
    Last edited by timie1; 11-08-2009 at 12:50 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by timie1
    In case the photo link doesn't work in my last post, here it is at photobucket

Yeah, with any luck it'll be the same or even cheaper than the ezrun series. I quite like the look of the new ones and I'm hoping they are even better than ezrun.
    What about this?

http://www.hobbywing.com/english/Art...?ArticleID=409
    Sharpchuter 245
    Dyna Wide Glide

RC Qualifier
    It's only for 2-3S, and it's "stopped manufacturing"

3S on a 2200-2350kv motor would be slow in an emaxx.

RC Champion
    Here you go. But witch one works on MTs?

http://discount-rc-shop.com/search-r...ces-for-xerun/

Sparky
    Sharpchuter 245
    Dyna Wide Glide

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mjosparky
    Here you go. But witch one works on MTs?

http://discount-rc-shop.com/search-r...ces-for-xerun/

Sparky
    Are you serious? Forget THOSE xeruns. They may carry the xerun name, but they are not for a MT. They are for smaller 1/10 scale vehicles and they all take a maximum of 3S lipo. MT really require 4S lipo.

Buy from this shop, http://ecpower.com.hk/index.php?main...roducts_id=274
    According to them, they still have both the 80 and 150A ezruns in stock.
    Here's the 150A http://ecpower.com.hk/index.php?main...roducts_id=275

RC Competitor
    Couldn't really wait to figure out what HW was doing there with the ezrun, but now kinda wishing I may have waited to get this XErun setup.

RC Champion
    Couldn't really wait to figure out what HW was doing there with the ezrun, but now kinda wishing I may have waited to get this XErun setup.
    Did you read any of the links about the xerun? None of them are good for running more than on pack of 7 cell or one pack of 3s Lipo. I wouldn’t go near them without more information.

Sparky
    Sharpchuter 245
    Dyna Wide Glide

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mjosparky
    Did you read any of the links about the xerun? None of them are good for running more than on pack of 7 cell or one pack of 3s Lipo. I wouldn’t go near them without more information.

Sparky
    That is on 1/10 scale setups not the 1/8, i'm sure the 150A exrun will be good for 6s. Usually when you come out with a new version you improve on previous versions.

RC Champion
    That is on 1/10 scale setups not the 1/8, i'm sure the 150A exrun will be good for 6s. Usually when you come out with a new version you improve on previous versions.
    One picture on an image upload site is a long way from having a system that will handle an Emaxx. Have you got anything else or is this wishful thinking on your part?

Sparky
    Sharpchuter 245
    Dyna Wide Glide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast