Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Competitor

EZ-Run failure

All of the esc's can fail and my ez-run 80a appears to have failed, and only after the second run At first I thought it was the motor, so I ordered a new motor only to find out it was the esc

time to order a new esc, and not a Hobby Wing esc. I still want to keep it cheap, so I ordered this one

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...idproduct=8993

It's listed under hextronic products, and I do have a Hextronic charger that works very well, so I will give it a go. Maybe I can get 3 runs out of this one

Not going to bash on EZ-run though, a lot of people have had good luck with them here. Mine burnt up on twin 2s 5000mah in series (4s).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mjosparky
    One picture on an image upload site is a long way from having a system that will handle an Emaxx. Have you got anything else or is this wishful thinking on your part?

Sparky
    Man, some people are hard to please.
    http://204.186.93.64/BrushlessESCs.htm

http://rss.rcmart.com/2009/11/07/hob...shless-system/

Maybe that should keep you a bit happier.

Xerun that exist now are for 1/10 applications, hence they work on 3S max. Generally when any company releases a high voltage ESC for use on MT and 1/8 and low KV motors, the said company is smart enough to make it suitable to run with more than 3S.

I really don't know what you're persisting to argue about? A new ESC coming out and all you seem to be able to do is look at the negative, or doubt everything. Just accept it, it's coming, it's replacing the EZrun, and it'll still be a cheaper alternative to other more expensive ESC's.
    Last edited by timie1; 11-10-2009 at 11:45 AM.
    You are unique just like everyone else

RC Competitor
    THANKS timie

Agree fully!!

IMO Find it odd HW would stop production before the new system is available, they will loose out on a few sales for sure.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by magg992001
    IMO Find it odd HW would stop production before the new system is available, they will loose out on a few sales for sure.
    Yeah, it is odd that they would do that. I would have bought another EZrun by now, in fact I DID, but it never came so I got my refund.........however, now I'm looking at a MMM. So, when the auction ends and if I'm still in the lead, I'll be the owner of a MMM. In this case HW lost out on a sale.

Being that I already have 2 other EZrun's, and a MM (not the monster), I have to admit, the MM feels more reliable. Like when I turn it on, I know it knows what battery is hooked up and I know the LVC works properly. I can make changes and I can feel the difference. I can rely on the BEC to work with my setups. The EZrun's are not so trustworthy. Sometimes I turn them on and nothing works. It's not a major problem, because it just needs to be turned off and then on and it works, but WHY? When the LVC kicks in on the EZruns, it's supposed to have a red LED blinking, but lately that LED doesn't show, WHY? I dunno.

So yeah, the fact that HW have discontinued the EZrun's and haven't brought out their new line, coupled with a few issues or concerns I have with the 2 working EZRun's I do have, I think I may just get the MMM.

RC Racer
    You get what you pay for.

RC Qualifier
    I just update firmeware for ezrun 150a by lcd program card. and now the ESC not response if i go forward or back so i have to restart the ESC or wait more than 15 sec's to can move again . any1 face this problem?
    MMM 2x3s medusa 70-2300 | MMM 2sx3s 1515 1y

RC Champion
    Sometimes I turn them on and nothing works. It's not a major problem, because it just needs to be turned off and then on and it works, but WHY?
    Man, some people are hard to please.
    And some people are easy to please. You just mentioned 3 or 4 problems with your Ezruns, of it were mine and it functioned like you described it would a major thing. It seems people in this hobby never get tired of buy parts that donít work, donít fit and are poorly made. If this happened in any other aspect of their life they would raise cane. I donít understand.

Sparky
    Sharpchuter 245
    Dyna Wide Glide

RC Qualifier
    i just want to say that an 80a combo with a 2330kv combo is easily enough power..I was in total shock of how much power that actually is. The power is very intense it will cover a 1 acer lot in the blink of an eye!

wheelies on demand at almost any speed. you will be amazed how your truck will rampage across an area its like watching a video in fast forward. I can't even imagine wanting yet even more power. not unless it is for speed runs only. 4S seems like cartoonish amounts of overkill already to me, The 80a ezrun handles the power nicely to esc nor motor really get excessively hot. i can't imagine why people want to spend over 300 dollars on an MMM combo!! you can if you want..But i picked my combo up for 128 shipped and i couldn't be happier with it, I have even ran it across some water accidently..no problem. my advice is not to bother with the 150a combo and bigger motor.. it'll just be more greater expense for power you can't even use in most case. at that level you will have well outgrown the e maxx's ability to handle that much power it'll destroy the drivetrain bit by bit forcing you to replace those components with pricey aftermarket parts, which will also fall victim to incredible destructive forces of 6S, In fact 3s packs in parallel is the most ideal setup it will get you trainloads of power long runtimes mostly importantly you won't need a pocket full of driveshafts on you at all times

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mjosparky
    And some people are easy to please. You just mentioned 3 or 4 problems with your Ezruns, of it were mine and it functioned like you described it would a major thing. It seems people in this hobby never get tired of buy parts that don’t work, don’t fit and are poorly made. If this happened in any other aspect of their life they would raise cane. I don’t understand.

Sparky
    I did indeed mention 3 or 4 things with the EZRuns, they are CONCERNS, not problems. As this thread is about ezruns and not Mamba maxx's (etc), I thought I'd refrain from mentioning any problems of the MM. It has not been without problem, so don't go kidding yourself that the MM and MMM is perfect, it's FARRRR from it - it just does give a bit more confidence on the whole, than the EZruns. Now, also bear in mind, I have 3 Ezrun's and 1 Mamba Max - by that token alone one would expect 3 times the problems with the Ezrun's.

I think you're forgetting the bang for the buck factor that the EZrun's have. Any ESC (or anything in any other aspect of their life) that costs 1/3 of the price of another, yet performs equally as well 99% of the time get's my money, and if you're honest, it'll get yours too. Would you go shopping for a TV and buy the most expensive one in existence just because? No, you shop around for the best bang for the buck. Two shops have an identical thing in stock; one is $150 and the other is $200. What do you buy? The more expensive one? You'd buy the cheaper one wouldn't you? You have to compare apples to apples. If the EZrun line of ESC's was identical price range to the Castle range, then it's a no brainer. But they ain't identical prices, so, you buy what you can. There is nothing wrong with that.

Oh and it's not about being easy to please. You wanted something more to go on so I posted links of more info from retailers. If you don't like the Ezrun or Xerun series that's fine. But don't be rubbishing them and their new ESC they have coming out when it's not even out yet. You don't know what it's going to be like. All we have at this stage are some photos and the somewhat vague list of specs.

There, conversation over!! Just wait for the thing to come out, or don't wait. It's up to you. I don't care.
    Last edited by timie1; 11-11-2009 at 03:54 AM.

RC Competitor
    http://www.hobbywing.com/english/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=459[/IMG]

New 1:8th scale looks to be available now from Hobbywing.
    Canadian rep has a couple 150A available so far.
    Wish I had the extra cash to give it a try.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12