RC Competitor

hi-speed tire question

I built a slash strictly for high speed runs and have already blown a stock tire at about 65 mph. I have a set of jaco foams to try and the truck is geared to run 125 mph. I would like to hear from any of you guys with experience running at these speeds. I was lucky there was no damage the last time and see no reason to run any faster until I have tires/wheels to handle triple digit speeds. Thanks.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    just to tell you..if you used a speed calc to find the 125mph..except a HUGE loss in speed due to friction and air..(Bigger than you think).

Also, Try some Belted tires/wheel combo..dont have the link..lost it :/
    think it was losi's 1/8th belted tires..people have seen triple digits on those before.
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Enthusiast
    how are you keeping it on the ground at that speed? air gets under the body at high speed and flips mine every time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yea..125..is even out of reach of the more speed capable rustlers..
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Champion
    I even question the 65 mph claim.
    2 Stock Slashes
    2 Mod Slash VXLs
    Emaxx
    P4DE

Quote Originally Posted by DeanSky
    I even question the 65 mph claim.
    +1...
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Competitor
    I will post pics and vids when I get time to run it again. I am running a feigao 8l/warrior combo with two 8k2s 7.4v lipos which may have to be changed to a mmm setup. The extra battery along with a front spoiler, lowered suspension, and holes cut in the rear deck of the body to exhaust high pressure airflow under the truck all contribute to keeping it on the ground. I geared the truck 47/76 to compensate for air resistance and friction loss while keeping the 100 mph goal in mind. This project is still in the experimental stage so we will see what happens.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    nice^^..expect around 80-90mph IMO. unles you find a way to seal the body so almost no air gets inside.

Good luck!
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by arvint
    nice^^..expect around 80-90mph IMO. unles you find a way to seal the body so almost no air gets inside.

Good luck!
    Air will still get underneath the chassis, unless air dams are used, susoension is stiffened, and the truck is lowered way down....but that point, why not get a road car if your going through all that trouble.
    2 Stock Slashes
    2 Mod Slash VXLs
    Emaxx
    P4DE

RC Qualifier
    Somewhere between Nitropia and Electropia.
    For extreme high speed runs on asphalt or concrete I think foam tires are the only choice. If you still want to use stock body, cut all windows off, create two spoilers in both front and rear to create downforces. Other option is convert it to a backslash, it's the best setup for breaking speed record on a mass-production RC car (Nic Case car is custom build LOL).
    Been There Done That....

RC Champion
    Lol no slash will ever go 125mph. You would be lucky to get it to go even 90 mph with a ton of mods do yourself a favor and just stop now and buy something that can go 100mph. Onroad car
    rc8 e
    8ight t e
    slash vxl
    crt.5 mm