My TRustler Project

Well ive been slowly building this for years, and recently tore it all apart and re-did a lot of things that could've been made better/tighter as well as turning it 100% Hex Hardware. I still have to adjust camber,steering, brake linkage as well as paint a body for it. Here she is now:

Learn by doing

RC Racer
    Well done looks pretty trick...

Quote Originally Posted by waggaclint
    Well done looks pretty trick...
    +1!!!
    JATO 3.3
    Stampede Build
    DeWalt 12v E-REVO on 4s

RC Racer
    Looks good,just picked one up a couple of months ago used. Going to have some fun with it, but will keep most of it plastic. Right after I got the truck home took it out and had some fun drove it up into the yard and caught the front step( concrete) yeah the wife was not happy that I had to get a new bulk head and a couple other things so soon. lol
    S-Maxx
    T-Maxx
    Slayer
    Rustler
    Jato
    HPI MT2

Thanks guys. The most time consuming task was plumbing all the wiring neatly and converting to hex hardware. Now im debating putting either a 3.3 or an o.s. .18tm in it. Any body suggestions?
    Learn by doing

RC Racer
    I think the 18tm would be great ive been looking into getting one as well.....
    Cheapest ive found a 18tm is $150u.s and you can 3.3 for around the $100 mark on ebay hey so i think for the extra th o.s is wurth it.....

Also you might know with o.s. 18tm its comes for a revo or for t-max, Witch one would suit the rustler??
    Last edited by waggaclint; 11-14-2009 at 07:10 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Now thats what I call a Jato killer.
    MMM/FLM 3905 E-Maxx
    Villan EX

Quote Originally Posted by waggaclint
    I think the 18tm would be great ive been looking into getting one as well.....
    Cheapest ive found a 18tm is $150u.s and you can 3.3 for around the $100 mark on ebay hey so i think for the extra th o.s is wurth it.....

Also you might know with o.s. 18tm its comes for a revo or for t-max, Witch one would suit the rustler??
    I'de go with revo, the header is more rustler correct. the tmaxx model comes with a different header that 'wraps' around.

Quote Originally Posted by traxxas basher
    Now thats what I call a Jato killer.
    Thanks man! I really want to throw my 3.3 in there and test it out, but I also want to sell it all brand new parts etc. The design has been largely tested and works great, just have slightly too many rc's.

Next step is to order 2 new bodies, maybe a desert rat and idk what else, paint and either sell or keep.

Maybe a roto start to clean up all the wires. What do you guys think?
    Learn by doing

RC Qualifier
    are those jato a-arms on the front? i did the same to my rusty a while back and i lost quite a bit of turning radius...did u notice any difference or was it about the same
    Revo 3.3, Nitro and E Rusty, T-Maxx project

Jato arms, I did until I swapped over to jato steering knuckles and castor blocks.
    Learn by doing

KyLeader7, ya I would diff go with a roto start then the ez-start. As long as you've been on here, i'm surprised you still use that system. Pretty good idea with the Hex hardware. That was one of the first upgrades I did. Hate the stock hardware!!! Also, just for some advice, if you have any of the nylon shims, (the small black ones), you can use those on all your suspension parts to tighten everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by grandtheft
    KyLeader7, ya I would diff go with a roto start then the ez-start. As long as you've been on here, i'm surprised you still use that system. Pretty good idea with the Hex hardware. That was one of the first upgrades I did. Hate the stock hardware!!! Also, just for some advice, if you have any of the nylon shims, (the small black ones), you can use those on all your suspension parts to tighten everything up.
    Lol I have Rotostarts on my revo and jato, just never got around to getting one for the rustys though it would sure clean it up alot. To tighten up what parts on the suspension?
    Learn by doing