RC Racer

More broken parts

Was out in my cul-de-sac the other day jut bashing around and acumulated some more broken parts. I started to notice that when I was doing a wheely that the truck would all of a sudden hook left really hard. Then one time it did it again and did a cart wheel. I then noticed that my left rear bearing carrier had the upper camber arm busted off completly. So, as some would stop plying here I decided to........keep going. By the time all was said and done I had both left and right rear bearing carriers busted at the camber arm, my left rear drive spindle was busted out at the u-joint hole (the u-joint hale was ripped completly open) and lastly, my left rear shock shaft is bent. New parts soon!!!! OH YEA! I think I am going to upgrade the the XL shocks for more travel and RPM bearing carriers. Would I be better off with the RPM carriers or should I go with some aluminum carriers?????

RC Racer
    The RPM carriers are best in my experience. I put them on when the stock ones broke and they have taken some big hits since (and in cold weather too).

Aluminum might not break, but it will bend.
    All we know is; hes called The Stig.

RC Champion
    i agree go with the rpm parts i havent broken anything since i went to them

RC Competitor
    RPM all the way
    Slash w/MM 5700kv, 3s Lipo and many other goodies.

RC Racer
    I was leaning towards the RPM carriers so that there will be some room for flex when things do get hairy. That is what I ended up with when I busted the front bearing carriers on my Rustler. I want the week link to be a low-cost part.

RC Racer
    My son and I run the RPM carriers and they are great, he hasn't broekn them yet (knock on wood).

Sorry but I had too....lol

RPM carriers.......$10

Slash Chasis.....$18

Learning how to drive......priceless.

RC Racer
    my only broken rpm part was the bumper mount. Broke the screw hole where it mount to the tranny case..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjy78bP222g

RC Qualifier
    Somewhere between Nitropia and Electropia.
    IMO...everything is great except caster blocks and rear bearing carriers, better go with the AL....you'll find out eventually, trust me....one more thing is their a-arms also great BUT I never break my stock a-arms till' now (almost 2 years)...
    Been There Done That....