RC Qualifier

Brushed 4x4 Slash?

Anyone know if a Brushed version would be coming out?

RC Champion
    probably not why?
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    They did a brushed and brushless version of the 1/16 and most other vehicles have a brush or brushless system in it.

RC Qualifier
    If you want brushed i have a XL-5 system ill trade for the VXL. Ill ene throw in a brand new motor.

RC Qualifier
    Or even better just spend the $15 or so on eBay for a new 2wd slash motor and run that with the VXL. I'm thinking of doing that so when I race with my friends and their stock 2wd slashes we should still be even on speed but I'll still have an advantage of the 4wd.

RC Qualifier
    Why would you want a brushed one...

I could see if the brushless wasn't out and they made a brushed first...

Just set your VXL system to training mode when racing your friends...
    That way your only at 50% power. Still probably more then they'll have stock but will give them more of a chance. Or when you start the race give them a head start and try to catch up. Or start at the same time and give them a two or three car lead at the starting line.
    Slash 4X4 PLATINUM EDITION, Revo 3.3 Crawler

RC Qualifier
    I don't want a brushed one, but just what I plan on doing as I have a few of the 2wd slash motors laying around. Besides it's just as easy to switch out a motor as it is to play with the ESC and change it back and forth from training mode to normal mode. Either that or I'll see if I can convince them to either VXL their slashes or buy the 4x4 which is probably what will happen when they see mine run on our cottage track.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by revolt0
    I don't want a brushed one, but just what I plan on doing as I have a few of the 2wd slash motors laying around. Besides it's just as easy to switch out a motor as it is to play with the ESC and change it back and forth from training mode to normal mode. Either that or I'll see if I can convince them to either VXL their slashes or buy the 4x4 which is probably what will happen when they see mine run on our cottage track.
    you do know that the VXL esc can run brushed motors, right? it would probably be easier to switch back and forth with training mode instead of the motors imo.

RC Qualifier
    Well yeah, hence the reason I'm thinking about using a 2wd slash brushed motor, I said nothing about changing the ESC... Switching either is about the same except if you are out at the field and don't have your programming instructions, then swapping motors is even easier.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by revolt0
    Well yeah, hence the reason I'm thinking about using a 2wd slash brushed motor, I said nothing about changing the ESC... Switching either is about the same except if you are out at the field and don't have your programming instructions, then swapping motors is even easier.
    programming is so easy you could teach a fish how.

if your a newb, twist-tie the instruction card to your transmitter. thats what i did till i learned how to do it by myself

RC Qualifier
    I know programming is easy but I have so many other important things to worry about like programming my 4pk or dx3r that remembering the ESC programming isn't important that's why I'd rather set it and forget it and remove a couple of screws and replace the motor. As for being a newb I'm far from it.
    Last edited by revolt0; 12-07-2009 at 08:29 PM.

RC Qualifier
    People want brushed because it would cost less.

RC Champion
    i would imagine that it would be preeeetttttyyyy slow, i mean, can u imagine that thing with a titan? 20mph on 6cell nimh yay!
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmr4life
    People want brushed because it would cost less.
    Yes, that was the reason.

RC Racer
    just save a little longer and get the bl you'll be happier in the long run..besides if you wanna slow it down limit the throttle epa i would assume 30-40% would achieve a good pace without being too fast
    TRX Slash
    TRX Homemade SCT
    TRX Mid-Engine/Slash

RC Qualifier
    You can remember how to program 2 radios but not your esc... Wow I don't feel so wierd anymore. lol I'm kidding. You should try using the twist tie for your instructions.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbruiser
    just save a little longer and get the bl you'll be happier in the long run..besides if you wanna slow it down limit the throttle epa i would assume 30-40% would achieve a good pace without being too fast
    They want a brushed version because there going to put there own BL system of choice in it. And it would be alot cheaper. Not because of the power