RC Qualifier

Dying The Chassis and ther Small Parts

I know this has been talked about and I have done several searches, But can someone tell me exactly how you dye the chassis and other small parts. Do you boil the water, then add the dye, how long does the part stay in. I watched that suirrel video, but he didn't do a chassis and I am doing mine all black. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't feel like watching suirrel besides and wrong on his ESC comparisons.
    OH WELL, YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A TEKIN RX8...

he does in the revo s project or something like that

but i brought the water just before a boil and then poured into a disposable turkey pan and added dye so it wouldnt wreck the pot but i left them in for about 20mins just to make sure the black got dark and penetrated deep into the plastic

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton7
    I don't feel like watching suirrel besides and wrong on his ESC comparisons.
    lol ..do you mean when he say's the tekin doesn't have pc tuning capability

to Dye part's i just boil the water ..once it has started to boil i stick in the Dye and stir it in ...then i stick the parts in for about 10-15min's or till the color is dark enough ..then take them out and wash the parts off with water...the dye will not damage the pot since it can not penetrate the metal ...hope this helps
    I know you wish you bought a tekin RX8

RC Champion
    but you should use a crap pot anyway, just to be safe

RC Qualifier
    As long as you use a non stick pot you should be fine. Just watch ur countertops for splashes.. My wife was soooooooo mad at the couple droplets I got on mine.
    E-Revo in progress =)
    Mini E Revo =)

RC Qualifier
    Thanks everyone for your help, it is greatly apprecitaed.
    OH WELL, YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A TEKIN RX8...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by gix1kguy
    As long as you use a non stick pot you should be fine. Just watch ur countertops for splashes.. My wife was soooooooo mad at the couple droplets I got on mine.
    i use an s.o.s.o. pad to clean the dye off my counter if i get a couple drops on it ..same for the pot i use an soso pad to remove any dye that get's stuck in the little scratches in the pot..so no need to use a non stick pot
    I know you wish you bought a tekin RX8