Thread: 2075 servos

RC Enthusiast

2075 servos

anyone know what is actually going on with these servos frying? read some think its a new motor being used. seen a video of a guy removing a blown fuse off the board and replacing it with just a piece of wire and his working again. ive had a slash 4x4 for less then a day before it fried had to wait two weeks for the replacement and it died the day it was installed. now i know most will tell me to buy a new one and solve the problem and i probably will eventually, but i really dont think i should have to. its pretty well known that this servo has become a dud and traxxas should be the one to replace it. if i wreck and break parts thats on me to replace. im in to this for almost a $1000 and least they could do is figure out why the servos dont last and make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by mzmackinnon View Post
    anyone know what is actually going on with these servos frying? read some think its a new motor being used. seen a video of a guy removing a blown fuse off the board and replacing it with just a piece of wire and his working again. ive had a slash 4x4 for less then a day before it fried had to wait two weeks for the replacement and it died the day it was installed. now i know most will tell me to buy a new one and solve the problem and i probably will eventually, but i really dont think i should have to. its pretty well known that this servo has become a dud and traxxas should be the one to replace it. if i wreck and break parts thats on me to replace. im in to this for almost a $1000 and least they could do is figure out why the servos dont last and make it right.
    How are you driving it? What surface? What Voltage? Even crashing and flipping mine, and my sons, many times, all my 2075s at least survived the first few weeks... or longer.

-Shack

RC Enthusiast
    usually dies while sitting idle. or driving in a straight line. i guess it has something to do with a new fuse being used on the board.

If you have a decent voltmeter and small breadboard, I can walk you through how to simulate L/R movement, and a few other things, while watching meter for abnormalities. Also, the "fuse" you speak of? Sorry, replacing ANY blown fuse with a "piece of wire" is not a good thing! I would replace the servo... or correct size fuse... if not already too late.

-Shack

I know this isnt what you want to hear but ive been replacing mine with savox servos SW-1210SG. One of these at 6v puts out more torque(277 oz in) than 2 Trx servos put together(125 x 2 = 250 oz in)! Plus the Savox can be run at 7.4v for even more power.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Competitor
    I fried a 2075 (replaced it with the Power HD 23g). This was on a high-center-gravity (original) chassis and what I found was that a screw in the steering bell-crank had worked loose during bashing (came completely out) and I replaced it with a very 'slightly' too long screw that in turn hampered the movement every so slightly. This 'snag' in my steering fried my 2075...

Don't use a $20 servo on a $1000 truck. Could be something else is wrong (EPA set wrong, steering bearings bad, etc.), but the servo is pretty much a dud, spend $35+ on something better (PowerHD or whatever).
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    Don't use a $20 servo on a $1000 truck. Could be something else is wrong (EPA set wrong, steering bearings bad, etc.), but the servo is pretty much a dud, spend $35+ on something better (PowerHD or whatever).
    Traxxas should follow this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Traxxas should follow this rule.
    Itís an RTR servo in an RTR truck. Keeping initial costs down allows users to customize to suit their taste and budget. If there is an issue with the latest 2075 servos, Iíd think Traxxas is fixing it and taking care of those affected.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Itís an RTR servo in an RTR truck. Keeping initial costs down allows users to customize to suit their taste and budget. If there is an issue with the latest 2075 servos, Iíd think Traxxas is fixing it and taking care of those affected.
    Agreed, I'm not aware of a rtr servo that couldn't use an upgrade. Also, Traxxas was very quick in replacing my dead 2075, it now resides in an O.G. ERBE and has been hassle free so far.

it's alright son, I'll fix it
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC poster
    Hi,

I also have blown off one of my 2075 in my E-Revo 2.0. I think the cause was the wrongly adjusted steering. The servos always work against each other, which is a well known problem and it's ridiculous that Traxxas sells the cars with this configuration.

I have soldered a jumper wire for a workaround. Does anybody know the specification of the SMD fuse? I want to buy a replacement.
    Thanks

RC Qualifier

2075 servos

If you adjust the servos correctly, you shouldnít have an issue with them fighting each other. Iíve been running a set of 2 Savox servos in a summit for years now and have never had an issue with them. Once adjusted they work great. I will say that the stock servos arenít very good and itís best to replace them with a better set or even one really good one. As others have said, they do this (Traxxas), knowing many will upgrade.

RC Competitor
    Yup! I've blown my fair share of 2075 servos, and I don't bash! The steering was adjusted correctly & all!
    I too switched to the Savox SW-1210SG and it's been fine ever since! I also upgraded my electronics so now I feed the servo 7.5V for more speed and power!!!
    Funny huh? A full summer with ~4 or 5 blown 2075 servos (+another brand from my LHS that I forget the brand) and now 1 year + on the same Savox....
    JES

RC Qualifier
    Same here. Added a CC BEC and run my servos at 7.4v. Get about 544oz of torque out of 2 of them. Added a large flat washer under the servo saver as well. It works very well this way and steers great for climbing rocks and such. Best mod you can do for these vehicles.