Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

Angry proline powerstroke shocks for slash

proline now has powerstroke shocks for the slash on there website, here they are http://www.prolineracing.com/product...nt-484-68.html

also proline has on there website now the protrac kit to for the slash, here it is http://www.prolineracing.com/product...it-475-68.html

they both look good. might have to buy them.

on there website too you can buy each part individually too. proline did a good job.
    Last edited by baja slash; 12-17-2009 at 06:41 PM.
    v-dubs 4 life
    BUILT FORD TOUGH

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Anyone got any info on the shocks? Are they gonna improve anything..compared to...like, big bores?
    EMBE/ Savage X
    x2 BL slash
    Ultra lx1e

RC Racer
    i think they do. did you see the video they had when they were running them.
    they look like better then the big bores.
    v-dubs 4 life
    BUILT FORD TOUGH

RC Qualifier
    those look awesome! price?
    \BACKSLASH
    \BACKBAJR
    2WD Slash

RC Racer
    proline price is $69.95
    v-dubs 4 life
    BUILT FORD TOUGH

RC Champion
    :O *gasp* jeez if they're that expensive for two, i would just go with bb's, even if they perform worse
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    I wonder how much it would be just for the spring set.
    That is probably what makes the biggest difference.
    Id just buy the springs, and find cheaper bodies that they fit on.
    I am lucky I don't have any money.

RC Racer
    if i was racing with the protrac kit i would probably use 1/8 shocks. they have longer shock bodies which will allow for more shock fluid.
    v-dubs 4 life
    BUILT FORD TOUGH

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by baja slash
    proline price is $69.95
    Is that a set (4) or a pair?? If that's a set, than I guess it would be worth it.
    I like the fact that it doesn't use any spring clips and a seperate dual springs. As for the 3.5 diameter shaft, is that the same as BBs or thicker? These could just be my next shocks. Proline is really coming out with many new stuffs for the 2wd Slash, despite the upcoming 4x4 Slash. I wouldn't be surprise if a new low CG chassis is at the R&D bench right now.
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Qualifier
    The 4x2 slash will still be better IMO until I can get my hands on a 4x4 and see what it is like.
    There are MUCH less things to break on a 4x2...

RC Racer
    i think the shafts are a little bigger than big bores. some one like kyosho or ofna have pretty good 1/8 scale shocks. there aluminum and threaded so its a whole lot easier.
    wouldnt that be cool if proline came out with a scale off-road chasis for the slash.
    v-dubs 4 life
    BUILT FORD TOUGH

RC Racer
    i think the shafts are a little bigger than big bores. some one like kyosho or ofna have pretty good 1/8 scale shocks. there aluminum and threaded so its a whole lot easier.
    wouldnt that be cool if proline came out with a scale off-road chasis for the slash.
    v-dubs 4 life
    BUILT FORD TOUGH

RC Qualifier
    Tower has 'em at 49.99 for a set of 2.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=PROC6075&P=K
    It is not a TOY!

RC Qualifier
    i might just start with a set of rears. wonder when they are coming out.
    \BACKSLASH
    \BACKBAJR
    2WD Slash

RC Racer
    Got the Losi 8ights 2.0 on my current Slash VXL and just not tickled pink with 'em. They work OK but just want a more direct fit for the Slash with a larger shock shaft. Looks like the Pro-Lines will be the way to go. Heck, I may even dump the big bores when my Platinum gets here!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolestDinosoar
    The 4x2 slash will still be better IMO until I can get my hands on a 4x4 and see what it is like.
    There are MUCH less things to break on a 4x2...
    I'm sticking to my 2wd,, because of its simplicity, but might try the 4wd. Just like KFC, I prefer the original recipe, but it won't hurt to try the crispy ones

Quote Originally Posted by baja slash
    Hopefully they make it, with a rollcage just like the SC8..in plastic. Apart the low CG properties, I heard the metal tube rollcage made for the Slash by some manufacturer will bent during rollovers.
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    These were the best shocks made for the rustler until they quit making them. I might have to pick up a set since they brought them back.
    Those who throw dirt are bound to lose ground.

RC Qualifier
    Somewhere between Nitropia and Electropia.
    IMHO dual rate / progressive springs only works great for bashing, on this case I will stick with my BB + single rate springs. But their Pro-Trac kit might be something to consider....
    Been There Done That....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolestDinosoar
    I wonder how much it would be just for the spring set.
    That is probably what makes the biggest difference.
    Id just buy the springs, and find cheaper bodies that they fit on.

I'm with you on the Springs. I's buy them if they can be used with the stock shocks.

I bought into the big bore hype a year or so ago and was hugely disappointed in them. I pulled them off and went back to the stock stuff and have been happier ever since.

The ran dual Dual rate springs on a SRT years ago. I forget who made them but they where awesome on track. The softer spring would soak up the small stuff without upsetting the truck then then stiff springs would handle the big stuff. It was the best setup I ever ran.
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Qualifier
    Amy word on a release date?
    \BACKSLASH
    \BACKBAJR
    2WD Slash

RC Qualifier
    I am not thrilled with the stock shocks.
    I thought they were leaking because I overtightened the caps, but I ended up TEARING both of the sealing things on top on the front.

I scored a set of 4 big bores for $40, so I said "hey, why not."

RC Racer
    ya that happens if you tighten the shock caps to tight they will pop off or start leaking. the proline shocks look good though.
    v-dubs 4 life
    BUILT FORD TOUGH

RC Enthusiast
    anybody knows will be these proline shocks work with the stock front and rear A arms on the slash?

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    I like my 8ight 2.0 shocks. My backslash lands so much smoother now. They are not going to break or bend shafts. For around $100 including the mounts they are I think the best way of going.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Champion
    These shocks are now on the short list for my SC truck build as well as the protrac kit. I like the concept of the protrac kit and the shocks look fantastic. Hopefully I will be getting started after the first of the year.

TR17
    To err is human, to arr is pirate!

RC Champion
    I have a set of the powerstrokes for the Maxx trucks. (discontinued for a few years.) All in all the best shocks I own. They are a bit heavy.

I was really excited to see proline releasing a set for the slash. The price is a but steep but so was it for the Maxx set.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Qualifier
    will the powerstrokes fit on the new 4x4 slash?

RC Racer
    i think the powerstroke shocks will fit a 4x4 because you can run the regular slash shocks on it. so i think it will fit.
    v-dubs 4 life
    BUILT FORD TOUGH

RC Racer
    Did anyone ever get a set of the proline powerstrokes for slash? I'm wondering how they worked out, I am thinking about grabbing a set for my rustler.

As far as I know, the stock rustler and slash shocks are the same, but the info about the prolines on tower's site says they are 98mm in the front and 118mm in the rear, which is considerably longer.

Can anyone confirm or deny the lengths of the stock slash shocks, or proline shocks compared to rustler shocks for me?
    Traxxas Link, VXL motor and ESC for sale, PM me!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by digi
    Did anyone ever get a set of the proline powerstrokes for slash? I'm wondering how they worked out, I am thinking about grabbing a set for my rustler.

As far as I know, the stock rustler and slash shocks are the same, but the info about the prolines on tower's site says they are 98mm in the front and 118mm in the rear, which is considerably longer.

Can anyone confirm or deny the lengths of the stock slash shocks, or proline shocks compared to rustler shocks for me?
    I have the Powerstrokes on both of my slashes. The 2wd one they are awsome but I made a carbon fiber front shock mount.
    Anyway yeasterday snow this is my VXL one so I bunch of hard refrozen snow, Prowline Sand Paws and I beat the thing to death, And had a blast doing it. Not a broken part. But also have Mip CVDs Alum Carriers, RPM A-arms ETC. But blasting over ICE an snow I would say around 40-50 I thought it would break it did not. Went through 3 PolyQuest 3s 5500 Lipos Best shocks I have ever had for a Slash type model.
    havnt failed I just found 1000 ways that wont work

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Daholla77
    anybody knows will be these proline shocks work with the stock front and rear A arms on the slash?
    They do work fine

RC Racer
    Sounds great, exactly what I was hoping to hear. Can you tell me for sure if they are the same length as the stock slash shocks, or are they longer?
    Traxxas Link, VXL motor and ESC for sale, PM me!

RC Qualifier
    same length

RC Racer
    I was at my LHS today picking up a few things. They were unpacking a box of new incoming Proline stuff and I saw them pull 2 sets of these out and set them on the counter. I picked these up and said I had heard that these shocks were pretty good. Dude was like yea they're suppose to be awesome. I said yea but they're a lite pricey huh? Dude looks at the pricing list and said they were $26 a pair. I was like " I'LL TAKE THEM!!!" I'm gonna try them on my Rustler VXL that I just fitted with 1/8 buggy tires and 17mm hex adapters. I'll report with an update once I get these on.

RC Qualifier
    Please do! I'm lookin to get some. You scored on that price! Better wait a while before you go back to that shop, LOL.
    \BACKSLASH
    \BACKBAJR
    2WD Slash

RC Racer
    ^no kiddin lol. I didn't realize that they don't come with oil. What suggestions do you guys have for use on 1/8 buggy tires for track use?

RC Enthusiast
    Anyone still following this thread? I have some Powerstroke set up questions. Spring combinations for what type of terrain. Stuff like that.

RC Qualifier
    I have them on my 2wd. I just adjust them to whatever surface im on. Street, all the way up. Bashing, I screw them about a half inch down to tighten the springs.

RC Champion
    I recently picked up the additional spring from PL. Great buy.
    / 16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast