Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    I like the Baja Bug body on the Slash 4x4, reminds me of the old Tamiya Monster Beetle. As a bonus when I roll it, it ends up back on its wheels most of the time.

RC Champion
    Looks awesome paul, keep up the good work.
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6
    That has to be my favorite body of all time:
    Is that the new proline jeep body? That looks cool. I like how the wheels dont stick out that much.

RC Racer
    I'm sick of my body rubbing the big tires I put on the truck but these should help bigtime:

http://shop.rc-solutions.com/Slash-4...rm-Set-211.htm

I would rather have plastic but I'll take what I can get. Anybody try them?

RC poster
    OK, you guys inspired me to turn my Slash 4x4 into a MT too. I thought I'd better post some pics before I bash it up! My Slash shell is pretty much wrecked.

I always wanted a black pickup after seeing Michael J Fox's one in Back to the Future, so 25 years into the future and here it is. Keeps it simple for my first ever paint job too (precisely one can of Tamiya black).

Doesn't fit over my JC overtray unfortunately, I know the blue RPM bumper looks bad (looks good with my blue/yellow slash shell) and it's an inch too narrow but otherwise I'm happy. I've got a few other sets of tires for it too - Losi Zombies, Smashers and some Anacondas.

Next to my 2001 Stampede:

RC Racer
    Love the truck flash. Question, how do you get so high off the ground?

RC Champion
    Great looking truck!
    MM I think it's just the illusion of big tires and enough preload
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSlash4x4
    Great looking truck!
    MM I think it's just the illusion of big tires and enough preload

as well as the body is lifted as well
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Champion
    Ah yes, didn't notice that at first, thanks rustler09
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC poster
    The body is sitting on the stock rear posts and obviously on longer fronts. I moved the shocks in a couple of holes and, as mentioned, added some more preload spacers at the front so it stayed more level. Haven't run it yet so don't know how it's going to handle - waiting for a new front driveshaft hub after this heavy landing... (click to see YouTube vid)

RC poster
    Here's my MT Slash with a JConcepts Bajr body, Traxxas Big Bores w/Losi springs, All-star wheels w/Talons, and a couple spacers underneath the body posts to lessen tire rub. Needless to say, she gets used plenty.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by F1ash
    OK, you guys inspired me to turn my Slash 4x4 into a MT too. I thought I'd better post some pics before I bash it up! My Slash shell is pretty much wrecked.

I always wanted a black pickup after seeing Michael J Fox's one in Back to the Future, so 25 years into the future and here it is. Keeps it simple for my first ever paint job too (precisely one can of Tamiya black).

Doesn't fit over my JC overtray unfortunately, I know the blue RPM bumper looks bad (looks good with my blue/yellow slash shell) and it's an inch too narrow but otherwise I'm happy. I've got a few other sets of tires for it too - Losi Zombies, Smashers and some Anacondas.

Next to my 2001 Stampede:

HOW AND WHERE did you find that Flareside F150 body????

I must have one. I had one on order with parma for weeks. then called after it not showing up and they said it was on BO then called some time later and they said they stopped making them...

Here's why I have to have one: (sorry about pic size can't edit from here)

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/y...0/0b560ef9.jpg
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-11-2010 at 12:24 AM.
    Slash 4X4 PLATINUM EDITION, Revo 3.3 Crawler

RC poster
    Cool! I bought it in the UK - took a total gamble as to whether it would fit or not and now I think it's perfect. I think I bought the last one from HERE.

RC poster
    Made a quick video of it today (click to see on YouTube):

[IMG][/IMG]
    Not a full MT... but close
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede 4x4
    Stampede 2WD

RC Qualifier
    Love that baja paint job...
    Caution, this message contains words.

RC Racer
    Ran my Slash MT on 3s lipo with the HC 11L motor tonight and used my watt meter. It used about 80 amps at peak and 835 watts. Its a lot of fun on 3s!

RC Champion
    what where your temps like???
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slash
    what where your temps like???
    Without a fan they hit 180ish but with 140-150. I used to be against fans but now I'm sold on them. Cheap insurance...

RC Qualifier
    Anything new out there yet?

RC Champion
    well first of all bump! (we can't lose this amazing thread) but anyways i just got my baja bug yesterday. so i am going to paint it today i will will post when its done.
    Last edited by 1slash; 08-10-2010 at 12:10 PM.
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Champion
    im done painting it and i think it looks grate!

yes im addicted to photos
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    victoria BC bashing with my bud 1slash and racing with COR victoria
    sweet!!! nice paint job looks awsome!
    1/16 revo
    slash 4x4
    some more but they wont fit

RC Qualifier
    That turned AWESOME!!!! Suttle but AWESOME!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    What an awesome thread. Just had to comment here, 20 pages of pure awesomeness. Some really great rides, well worth a read through.

Some pics of mine, sorry its only a 2WD but still MT-style. My new shell (T-Maxx long-wheelbase shell, got to work with what's available), and an old beaten shell from my Savage 25 way back.

Its motivated by a Black Mantis 540-7L 4300kv on 8.4v IB5000 cells, Mtroniks G2 Pro controller. Maybe a switch to 3s lipo in the future

And one of my cut stock shell..really didn't like the standard SC body so cut it to be more baja style, before I did a proper MT setup. Stock shell is uber thick so still use it for heavy bashing.

Last edited by rtsbasic; 08-16-2010 at 05:24 PM.

RC poster
    super-max24, where did you get those shocks?
    Slash 4x4 & T-maxx 2.5

RC poster
    super-maxx24, what pinion and spur gears are you using with those tires?
    Slash 4x4 & T-maxx 2.5

RC Champion
    Man yall got it going on! Keep those MT's coming they look great!
    HARDCORR RACING

RC Qualifier
    Here's a test fit with the Kyosho MadForce body....I'm still looking at other options once I find the rest of my RC inventory in my basement (if they didn't get thrown away).

I'll probably wont go any bigger than the stock stampede tires....but I'm leaning towards similar look like these on my MERV.
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Champion
    How are all of your 4x4's holding up to MT tires? I really love the idea of the 4x4 but my two favorite things to do with a truck are 1. Slam it for street speed runs and 2. Put big tires on it and max out the suspension travel for offroad.

I had decided against the 4x4 as I kept hearing of chronic driveshaft/axle problems. Is there a fix besides cvd's? (I dont want to limit the suspension travel, if anything I would want to try and extend the arm travel so cvd's would definately bind up).

I am ok with just masher 2k's or badland 30 series BUT would really like to run something a hair taller (maybe a 5.5-6.0 inch tall tires such as lightweight truggy tires to get the most ground clearance).

Anybody have any thoughts on this? It would be really nice to have a single battery setup instead of the two battery setup on the revo. Then again the revo can tackle much harsher terrain than the 4x4 due to the suspension.

RC Racer
    For people wanting to check out big tires here you go Bump

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by needapeed
    How are all of your 4x4's holding up to MT tires? I really love the idea of the 4x4 but my two favorite things to do with a truck are 1. Slam it for street speed runs and 2. Put big tires on it and max out the suspension travel for offroad.

I had decided against the 4x4 as I kept hearing of chronic driveshaft/axle problems. Is there a fix besides cvd's? (I dont want to limit the suspension travel, if anything I would want to try and extend the arm travel so cvd's would definately bind up).

I am ok with just masher 2k's or badland 30 series BUT would really like to run something a hair taller (maybe a 5.5-6.0 inch tall tires such as lightweight truggy tires to get the most ground clearance).

Anybody have any thoughts on this? It would be really nice to have a single battery setup instead of the two battery setup on the revo. Then again the revo can tackle much harsher terrain than the 4x4 due to the suspension.

That's what I do with mine. Right now it's set up for street running. With a Rally body. But I have very good luck with my 2k's when running them. Haven't had any problems exsept for the axles breaking. Right now have a set of CVD's that have been sitting for a couple weeks just don't have time to tinker with it right now.

Also plan on turning my revo 3.3 crawler into an all out basher! It'll take awhile to finish as funds are tight and time is too. but once done I may just leave my slash set up for on road as it's a blast that way and I don't break as much.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NITROTUEL
    For people wanting to check out big tires here you go Bump
    ??????????
    E-Maxx 3905 MMM/2200
    Sometimes 4s, sometimes 6.

RC Competitor
    Alright, so after reading through the thread you guys have me hooked. I've got a PE roller on the way, a Velenion 3500/ Mamba Max Pro I had sitting here ready to go in it. The plan is to put either JC Rocx tires or Proline Flat Iron tires on RPM Revolver wide wheels and top it off with a JC Raptor body. What servo are you guys using? A 2075 seems a little weak for these tires.

RC Enthusiast
    What kind of bodies fits the 4x4 slash out of the box? I really like the look of some of the beetles/baja bug bodies in here, are they custom made or bought from a store? If from a store, could anyone link me something that would fit a 4x4 slash without to much modifications?

Edit: And will regular slash bodies fit the slash 4x4?
    Last edited by Nitrius; 09-20-2010 at 05:43 PM.

RC Champion
    yes stock slash 2wd body's will fit the slash 4x4.

and the baja bug you see in my pics (in post #782) is this body >>here<< and it requires no mods other than i cut off the fenders and painted it
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    Nice to ee this thread still going!! Keep it alive!!

Mine will be switching back to MT mode once snow hits the ground.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by F1ash
    Cool! I bought it in the UK - took a total gamble as to whether it would fit or not and now I think it's perfect. I think I bought the last one from HERE.
    F1ash has an awesome body. Does anybody know how/where to pick up a HB10809 to the USA for less than $50 shipped? I definitely need this nice narrow body. Really, $50 for a body is less than $20 more than any normal 1/8 body, so it's out of my range... I'd rather just not spend $50 to put a lid on my narrow 4x4 if I can avoid it!

RC poster
    anybody try the scx10 honcho body yet?

RC Qualifier
    Back to the top for the guy starting his MT build. here is probably ALL the information you'll need to know. Happy reading!

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast