RC Competitor

TQ dual-rate (EPA) MOD

Here is how you can add dual-rate and EPA to any Traxxas radio.
    I did it for my TQ2, and for my TQ 2,4 (4 channels) and works perfect.

Good luck.

http://www.members.cox.net/greg.rc/tqdualrate.html

RC Turnbuckle Jr. NStampede Freak's Avatar
    Nice! I just don't understand what the reason the the resistors is for.

Wouldn't the pot alone be enough to control the rate of steering?
    N Stampede 2.5R
    E Stampede VXL
    Tmaxx 2.5

RC Competitor
    i suppose is for setting the "half" of the traveling. you can try without them.

RC Qualifier
    This mod voids the Traxxas warranty (if you care), and may mess up your "original style" Traxxas 2.4 Tx.

Note that the new Traxxas Link TQ 2.4GHz Tx has adjustable dual-rate as a standard feature, so you can skip this mod (and this mod WILL mess up a Traxxas Link radio, FYI).

RC Competitor
    No, i don't care. I have used this mod on my 27MH Traxxas radio and my 2,4 GHz TQ 4 chanell without anything "messed up". And the Traxxas style is not messed either because it happens to have exactly the same potentiometers used by Traxxas to make the radios, so mine looks PERFECT, like it was allways there.

Of course this will void the waranty, but from my experience the Traxxas radios do not break, so i don't care about the waranty whatsoever. RC hobby is not always for "normal" people, and we do upgrade our cars heavily, so i am guessing i don't have a waranty since the day 1 of my car... And i do not have the wish to buy a Traxxas radio every single time new one is invented, This should have been done from the begining, it is a standard feature in radios way bellow Traxxas quality. So, final word: IT IS A GOOD MOD.

I suggest you lose the attitude. Nobody said it wasn't a good mod for you. PeterV was just putting some information out there. There is no reason to be jumping ugly with him - or anybody else, for that matter.

Pretty creative mod here.I think it's kinda along the lines of putting 22's on a Chevette,but still pretty interesting.

RC Competitor
    KSB51RL , i know my english is bad, but it's definitelly not that bad. Of course you can read it and interpret it your way, so be it. After i have read twice my previous post, i have decided to keep whatever you call "attitude" and to skip your suggestion.

^^^ Thanks so much for clearing up the confusion. I thought your attitude was bad. Now I know it is.

BTW, if English is indeed your second language, it's hardly evident, and certainly not "bad."

RC Competitor
    Fine, i do appologise for uppsetting you, or PeterV, or any other member here that felt offended. I thought a good mod is a good mod no matter who post it, and i was obviously wrong.My mistake. So please a moderator should erase this thread completely because my bad and ugly attitude, and of course not because is something that people SHOULD NOT DO to their traxxas radios...no matter how lame that sounds.

P.S. English is not my second language (german is) is not even my third language, but it's one language i was learning on the net. I am romanian.