RC Racer

This car handles like its on wheels

RC Qualifier
    how the........?

RC Champion
    Wow, that car has a pretty good front to rear balance!

RC Qualifier
    no........
    R.I.P Paul Gray
    1972-2010

RC Racer
    wow, i meant to write "rails" instead of "wheels" in the title....oops

RC Champion
    Nah, wheels makes it even funnier, I'd leave it that way

Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley
    I don't think he has a choice haha
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Champion
    TRue, but even if he could change it............

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley
    +1, I thought he was being clever. I found it funny, typical ricer just cant drive j/k import fans
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Qualifier
    I think you should put that on FailBolog...
    I can do it for you if you dont have an account
    lol, drop me a pm
    I am lucky I don't have any money.

RC Qualifier
    photoshopped. Its not really that good of a photoshop job either. Look at the bottom of the rear wheels
    Are you an RC addict?

RC Racer
    Its a car, not a skateboard.
    Jammin SCRT10 4x4
    1/16 VXL Slash
    Revo 3.3
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmaxx64
    photoshopped. Its not really that good of a photoshop job either. Look at the bottom of the rear wheels
    I still can't see it
    R.I.P Paul Gray
    1972-2010

RC Champion
    Same here, the suspension looks to be at full droop and the rear tires are rounded off down there like they would be if they didn't have any weight on them....................

RC Racer
    i believe its a real un shopped pic. I see crazy stuff like this quite often!
    T-Maxx 3.3 #4908

You guys can't be serious, around the tires looks so pixelated. Also if it's real, how did the car getup there without leaving any tracks in the snow OR denting the guide rail, or the plastic front end cracking?

Also, if you look at the wheel-wells they are TOO black, the tires have NO snow on them, and there is no buildup of snow or ice behind the tires.
    Last edited by streetdemon; 01-03-2010 at 12:42 AM.

RC Competitor
    look at all the snow on the car it looks like it has been snowing after the car has been upthere also you realy cant see the passenger side front it may have damage. my problem is were is the gaurd rail damage?

RC Champion
    If he caugt something just right that could lift the front end high enough to get on the guard rail that's also just out of sight on that picture and then grind on the rail for a short distance to where it stopped.............

RC Champion
    Its definately fake. Undisturbed snow, no visible damage to the car or guard rail. If the ca landed on the guard rail it would have buckled from the impact. It doesn't take that much force to dent them and a 3500lb car would definatly bend the heck out of it.

RC Qualifier
    well what if it didnt DROP on the rail, but GRINDED on the rail
    if you look at the rail, it is right at the beginning of where it comes up out of the ground, like a ramp.
    the car may hjave slid sideways and slid up the rail

haha, give the guy a break
    its still funny
    I am lucky I don't have any money.

RC Qualifier
    EEks!!
    END_OF_LINE

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolestDinosoar
    well what if it didnt DROP on the rail, but GRINDED on the rail
    if you look at the rail, it is right at the beginning of where it comes up out of the ground, like a ramp.
    the car may hjave slid sideways and slid up the rail

haha, give the guy a break
    its still funny
    Didn't notice the rail ramping up like that, I'll bet it got squirelly on him (idiot was driving a sports car in the snow after all ) and he slid up onto the rail like that! There was a pic from an Arab country on Wrecked Exotics a while back where the driver of some solid axle/leaf spring Toyota managed to slide right up on one of those and had the truck balanced on the axle tubes nearly as perfectly.

I'm pretty sure its real. I'm a member on My350z.com and they have a thread on it. There was an news report thing on it as well. Happened in New York somewhere.

The only reason I find that one hard to believe is that the engine is in front and where it is sitting on the guard rail I can't see why the nose of the car is not pointed down.

If it is real that's one very lucky driver.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    Well that part's easy Nitronaught, the front to rear weight balance on that car must be nearly perfect to get it to sit like that on the rail plus it looks like one of the support posts id right under the car as well!

RC Racer
    nice photoshop looks great. laugh my *** off
    not enough space 50 characters

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by streetdemon
    You guys can't be serious, around the tires looks so pixelated. Also if it's real, how did the car getup there without leaving any tracks in the snow OR denting the guide rail, or the plastic front end cracking?

Also, if you look at the wheel-wells they are TOO black, the tires have NO snow on them, and there is no buildup of snow or ice behind the tires.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonwater
    I really don't see what you are getting at. I gave plenty of reasons as to why I felt it was photo-shopped and you post a picture. If you can prove to me that it is real please do. I wasn't attacking your post or anything else, so I don't see why you are singling me out.

RC Champion
    Whether its shopped or not its still funny and cool
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC Champion
    It is real. A helicopter set it down there.

Seriously, it's a decent 'Shop, but still very fake. The first thing I noticed was the lack of tire tracks. The argument that the tracks were covered up with fresh snow doesn't work for me. Look at the amount of snow on the car itself. That's not enough to completely cover the tracks the car would have made. Not only that, fresh snow would not have covered the ground directly underneath the car.

Also, the speed the car would have had to be going to get up there would have trashed the front end, and the car would have had too much momentum to come to a complete stop exactly where it did.

Everything about this image defies the laws of physics.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Racer
    You cant argue about damage as the guardrail slopes up from the left of the pic and if the car hit the rail with its right side (which it obviously did) all the damage would be on the passenger side, which you can't even see. IDK how many of you have done much with guardrails in your life, but they aren't flimsy sheetmetal or anything, they are very thick and very strong chunks of metal, in high impact areas like the one pictures (since it is sloped that way) they are made even stronger.

Now for those of you that don't know much about 1:1 cars, that 350 is a midship engine design, I'm pretty sure without googling the front to rear weight ratio of that body style Z, it is close to or right at 50,50. The tracks in the snow theory can't hold water either, if the tires were never on the ground on that side of the rail it would never make tracks in the first place.

Pixelation under the tires? Serious? Its a cell phone camera, what do you expect, a high res 8 megapixel digital photo? Look at the back ground through the spokes of the visible wheels. IF some one shopped that, they have WAY WAY WAY too much time on their hands. All of it lines up perfectly. This photo isn't that hard to believe if you get your facts straight.

What exactly is a midship engine design? 350z's are front engine cars with a weight dist. of 53-47 f/r respectively. That's not 50/50 and when it comes to 1:1 cars, not even close to being even. I have been searching online for any REPUTABLE new site to have anything about this picture and there is nothing about it. If it were real, someone would have laid claim to it, and it would also be on a REAL news site, not sites like jalopnik.

Also, explain this one to me.....
    If it were real and the car slid up the rail, minimizing damage, how is it that a car starting to the right of an object could spin to the left, catch on an object that curves from right to left, and then instantly start sliding across it perfectly centered? I'm not saying it wouldn't be possible to put a car in that position, but I can't see it ever happening in any kind of random event.

RC Champion
    Actually, 53-47 is pretty close to perfect for a production car, sporting intentions of not. As for how it came to a stop, weird stuff happens in a crash. ONe of my supervisors at work totalled her '92 Accord after spinning out in the snow and getting hit with a semi, yet the damage was mostly limited to the truck area of the car and she walked away uninjured (but has been pretty sore the past couple days.)

RC Champion
    SerioRevo, perhaps you should take your own advice about "getting facts straight". As Streetdemon pointed out, the 350Z is not mid-engine, not rear-engine, it is a FRONT-engine car. While the weight distribution is within a few percentage points of 50/50, the statement "Now for those of you that don't know much about 1:1 cars, that 350 is a midship engine design" is just silly, and misinformed. Maybe you should have Googled it.

The 350Z is a very low-slung car. If you were to drive it right up to the guardrail and stop it just as the nose touches the rail, you'd see that the height of the guardrail would come up almost to the headlights of the car. If the car somehow managed to jump the rail, the plastic front fascia would have been annihilated, and we would most likely see a buckled hood. Of course, this would only happen if you actually believe that the rail would not have stopped the car in it's tracks. The purpose of the rail is to prevent cars from going over it. If a 350Z with mere inches of ground clearance can jump the front end over it, then the rail is useless. Even a truck with a front bumper that would clear the rail would not have done this. I've seen my share of accidents into guardrails, and this just does not happen.

Yes, strange things happen in car wrecks. But this is not one of them.
    Last edited by Jay 313; 01-10-2010 at 09:49 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313
    SerioRevo, perhaps you should take your own advice about "getting facts straight". As Streetdemon pointed out, the 350Z is not mid-engine, not rear-engine, it is a FRONT-engine car. While the weight distribution is within a few percentage points of 50/50, the statement "Now for those of you that don't know much about 1:1 cars, that 350 is a midship engine design" is just silly, and misinformed. Maybe you should have Googled it.

The 350Z is a very low-slung car. If you were to drive it right up to the guardrail and stop it just as the nose touches the rail, you'd see that the height of the guardrail would come up almost to the headlights of the car. If the car somehow managed to jump the rail, the plastic front fascia would have been annihilated, and we would most likely see a buckled hood. Of course, this would only happen if you actually believe that the rail would not have stopped the car in it's tracks. The purpose of the rail is to prevent cars from going over it. If a 350Z with mere inches of ground clearance can jump the front end over it, then the rail is useless. Even a truck with a front bumper that would clear the rail would not have done this. I've seen my share of accidents into guardrails, and this just does not happen.

Yes, strange things happen in car wrecks. But this is not one of them.
    Please google "nissan 350z midship engine design." I never stated it was a mid engine car, midship and mid engine are two different things entirely. If you had any idea what you were talking about you might know this.

Good try though

Are you serious? Can you not see the rail is buried in the ground JUST left of where the picture is cut off?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SirioRevo
    Please google "nissan 350z midship engine design." I never stated it was a mid engine car, midship and mid engine are two different things entirely. If you had any idea what you were talking about you might know this.

Good try though

Are you serious? Can you not see the rail is buried in the ground JUST left of where the picture is cut off?
    Maybe you need to clarify what your definition of "midship" means.

From Wikipedia: "A mid-engine layout describes the placement of an automobile engine between the rear and front axles. Another term for this is mid-ship."
    Not to mention every time I have ever heard the reference of a mid-ship engine, it has been exactly that: mid-engine.

Also, you need to clarify your definition of "buried in the ground". Nowhere in this image is the guardrail anything but 100% intact.

RC Champion
    I'm a nice guy, so I did your searching for you:

"A subset of Front-Rear when the engine is in front of the driver, but fully behind the front axle line, the layout is sometimes called Front Mid engine Rear FMR layout instead of the less-specific term front-engine. In handling and vehicle layout FMR is substantially the same as FR. The difference between FR and FMR may be as little as a few millimeters of engine protrusion in front of the front axle line. "

You have clarified that you do realize that the Z's engine is mounted in the front. But the term you used was not correct, therefore I cannot be blamed for thinking that you thought it was a mid-engine car.

RC Qualifier
    merv and erbe