RC Enthusiast

Considering the Tekin RX8

Hey guys, I know this has probably been beaten to death somewhere but...

I have been reading about and watching youtube and stuff about the Tekin RX8 in the summit. I'm still a bit confused on Kv. I know it's the Kv value multiplied by voltage, but that doesn't explain anything but RPM i suppose. But would the lower RPM motor have more torque, better for rock crawling?

I'm not really concerned with speed because I have a brushless slash and a 1/16 erevo. My summit is my go anywhere truck.

One more question, the tekin rx8 and t8 motor also says it has dual drive mode, does that mean it's like castle's and it starts in sensored and when you pick up speed it switches to sensorless?

thanks
    Last edited by CaveDog21; 01-14-2010 at 11:02 AM.

RC Qualifier
    All your thoughts are correct. I run a tekin rx8 w/ the 2000kv motor (#4038). It's a great motor w/ a lot of flexibility. Check out rctech.net electric off-road forum for in depth discussion on the rx8 and which motor to run.

RC Enthusiast
    is it difficult to install?? does the esc install as a direct replacement into the same mounting holes?? motor as well?? what kind of batteries are you using?? what is the run-time?? sorry lots of questions. thanks in advance.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mikef
    is it difficult to install?? does the esc install as a direct replacement into the same mounting holes?? motor as well?? what kind of batteries are you using?? what is the run-time?? sorry lots of questions. thanks in advance.
    Your best bet to answer your questions would be to do a search for 'tekin'. I'm running a revo chassis so my install will be different than yours. I'm using lipo's, mostly 2s but sometimes 3s w/ emaxx wheels for bashing.