RC Qualifier

Traxxas 5451R CVDs

I was thinking of getting the Traxxas 5451R CVDs for my 4907 MAXX. I want new tires, maybe the pro line super swampers which are bigger than stockers and wanted to know if these CVDS are tough. So far the stockers have held up great.

If you guys have these and they have broken are they easily fixable like going to home depot and getting certain pins, etc? I just like the way these look over other aftermarket ones?

also anyone try the integy center Billet Machined Center Drive Shaft for T-Maxx3.3 ? Are these things overpriced junk? Does traxxas make something stronger than the weak plastic that stretches where the pins are at?
    Last edited by Double G; 11-03-2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    Mip is the way to go everybody else will tell you that they are really good and most everybody wants or loves them

Quote Originally Posted by riley n View Post
    Mip is the way to go everybody else will tell you that they are really good and most everybody wants or loves them
    Not everyone. I'm no fan of MIP CVD's.....

Can't comment on the Traxxas CVD's personally, but have 1st hand experience with MIP's.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Racer
    Why not nitronaught?

He had a bad experience that took out more than just the shafts.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    I run and have broken several traxxas steel cvds. the pins on the dog bone end (non-cvd end) seem to break off pretty easy. I haven't found replacement pins but a new shaft is $10. For what it's worth the stock 3.3 shafts seem to hold up well and are cheap to replace.
    I have an RC problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    He had a bad experience that took out more than just the shafts.
    Not just me.....
    Search and you will see a few where the grub screw has backed out and the retaining pin get's caught up in the structure causing catastrophic failure. Even after modding the pin and using high temp loctite.
    Even if the mod works well why should you pay for an aftermarket part that you have to mod in order to prevent massive drivetrain damage??
    All Lives Matter

RC Racer
    Ok understood must have been someone else who love them.

Quote Originally Posted by riley n View Post
    Ok understood must have been someone else who love them.
    I won't give a thumbs up to any producvt I have not used myself.. It's a reputation thing. I know many who try something new for them, they like it at first and in time they find the negatives and posatives. Those are the posts I like to see when it comes to confirming a part or mod is worth it.
    All Lives Matter

So far I haven't had any issues with my trx cvd's.
    If you pop the diff side pin, you can get new pins at Amain.com, just measure the dia and length, they have a bunch of pin packs.

Stay away from the integy axles, they are junk.

THS also has CVD's that are supposed to be well made, though I have not seen them in person.
    http://www.mcssl.com/store/903f31697...revo-t-maxx-33
    Last edited by Wildman4910; 11-11-2015 at 07:24 AM.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

I am assuming the qualities of the products whether itbhe traxdas or mip are the same for the emaxx and erevo.

I have both , and love them both, traxxas ones are defintely lighter but undet the same conditions I have had no truobles with either on ky erevo. Now I have the traxxas ones on my revo 3.3 and could not be happier. So fsr the MIP havevheld well including the provided pins.
    Live life to the fullest

I have also used both and prefer traxxas over Mip for same reasons as mentioned above. Everyone has the own personal preference. Just my .02
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good